The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I hit Tribe on Friday night after I went to the Scarface show. I can't wait to come back in the summer :whew:

I'll be in this thread more often in the near future...

It's official, making the move to the Chi. My pop's side is up there (Southside) and I worked up there for a couple months back in 2020-21

Glad I dont have to deal with the the cold ass weather for a while. I'll be in here a lot trying to get recommendations on areas to live, restaurants, etc

I was in the city over the weekend and hit my favorite hole in the wall spot the Odyssey Lounge with my pops.

Only place I ever been where you ask for a drink and they pour you a whole glass and give you a glass of water to go with it

:blessed:

First time i went in there it was two dudes passed out on the bar lmaoooo
searched my posts in this thread and didnt realize I posted this. That the last time I saw my pops before he passed :sadcam:
Gotta go back there and have a drink in his memory

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Andrew Holmes ouchea getting his 'Clarence Thomas' on
Somehow this guy had the time to always be at every crime scene the media was reporting on, for the last 6 months. Wasn’t doing no real work. :smh:
It's official, making the move to the Chi. My pop's side is up there (Southside) and I worked up there for a couple months back in 2020-21
Oh, you got a place in Mt. Greenwood?. :mjpls:

*edit

I didn’t read the whole post and see your dad passed away. My bad :hubie:

Living is different than visiting, but if you got family here, and a good job paying you $100k+, and no baggage, then it sounds like you’re all set to get what the city has to give you. :handshake:

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I was in the city over the weekend and hit my favorite hole in the wall spot the Odyssey Lounge with my pops.

Only place I ever been where you ask for a drink and they pour you a whole glass and give you a glass of water to go with it

:blessed:

First time i went in there it was two dudes passed out on the bar lmaoooo
odyssey just had a shooting last week.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Andrew Holmes ouchea getting his 'Clarence Thomas' on

Lawsuit accuses Illinois suburban trustee of sexual assault, suburban mayor of retaliation

c0d1bacd3b6590a91f391faa0f569d5e.jpg

didn't one of ya'll say that andrew holmes been on :takedat: when he shows up at the crime scenes and trying to holla at the grieving mothers :huhldup:

BBG

Superstar
Daps

Glad I dont have to deal with the the cold ass weather for a while. I'll be in here a lot trying to get recommendations on areas to live, restaurants, etc

searched my posts in this thread and didnt realize I posted this. That the last time I saw my pops before he passed :sadcam:
Gotta go back there and have a drink in his memory
1st round on me breh let me know when you touch down

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
1st round on me breh let me know when you touch down
:salute:
I'll be sure to hit you up breh
@Motife43 u know which area u are gonna be living in?
Still trying to decide. I'm probably 2-3 months out before I lock down a spot, even though I'll start working at the end of this month.

My wife has her fears about Chicago, which I know aren't 100% warranted, but her peace of mind is #1 importance to me. If she ain't happy or doesn't feel safe nothing else matters. She prefers somewhere where she can walk (when it's warm outside) and feel safe, so from my knowledge that might be the suburbs. But yall know better than me

I got my pops old crib off 86th and Stony, but I have a tenant in there and even tho it's more cost efficient, in close proximity to all my fam/my office, I know that won't fit the criteria.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps

Still trying to decide. I'm probably 2-3 months out before I lock down a spot, even though I'll start working at the end of this month.

My wife has her fears about Chicago, which I know aren't 100% warranted, but her peace of mind is #1 importance to me. If she ain't happy or doesn't feel safe nothing else matters. She prefers somewhere where she can walk (when it's warm outside) and feel safe, so from my knowledge that might be the suburbs. But yall know better than me

I got my pops old crib off 86th and Stony, but I have a tenant in there and even tho it's more cost efficient, in close proximity to all my fam/my office, I know that won't fit the criteria.
Decent area. Also, a good neighborhood watch presence.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

depends which block, but generally speaking, I wouldn't be scared to live in that area.

safe neighborhoods out south are obviously hyde park, kenwood, beverly, morgan park, mt greenwood :mjpls:

southwest side by midway is also safe, but it's too far west for my taste.

if u got northside money, u can move up there and the wife should be cool. but that's gonna cost u an arm & a leg. on the westside, the galewood part of austin is very safe and borders oak park (my girl lives in oak park).

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Decent area. Also, a good neighborhood watch presence.
I've noticed that as well. A lot of older renters/owners who keep up their property and are super active on Nextdoor and all the other neighborhood apps
depends which block, but generally speaking, I wouldn't be scared to live in that area.

safe neighborhoods out south are obviously hyde park, kenwood, beverly, morgan park, mt greenwood :mjpls:

southwest side by midway is also safe, but it's too far west for my taste.

if u got northside money, u can move up there and the wife should be cool. but that's gonna cost u an arm & a leg. on the westside, the galewood part of austin is very safe and borders oak park (my girl lives in oak park).
I've never felt unsafe over there. But I just have to convince the wife lol. She's seeing how the cost of living up there is higher than our area of suburban Atlanta.

So I'm schooling her on some of the neighborhoods, what a walkup is, etc. I'll definitely share those Southside neighborhoods with her, I'm only familiar with Hyde Park, Kenwood and Morgan Park from the ones you mentioned.