The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Midwest is more intresting

Cops: Man tried to assault women in 2 incidents on NW Side - chicagotribune.com

A man tried to sexually assault two women in separate incidents a little more than a mile apart early today on the Northwest Side but fled when his victims called for help, police said.

In the first attack, a woman, 29, was walking home in the 1700 block of North Humboldt Boulevard about 1:30 a.m. when a man came up to her, showed a knife and demanded money, according to an alert from Area North detectives.

The man forced the woman into her building entryway and tried to sexually assault her, but ran off when she called out for help, police said.

Less than half an hour later, a woman was at home in the 1900 block of North Drake Avenue about 1:55 a.m. when she found a man in her kitchen, police said.

The man took out a knife and tried to sexually assault the woman, but the woman called for help and the man ran off, police said.

The victims described the attacker as a black man with a medium complexion, between 23 and 28 years old, standing between 6-foot-1 and 6-foot-3, and weighing between 170 and 180 pounds. His hair was in dreadlocks and he has a tattoo of a teardrop below his right eye.

Both victims described their attacker as wearing a striped, multi-color polo or v-neck shirt with horizontal stripes, including black stripes, and possibly grey or yellow stripes, police said.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tourism official: City must curtail crime wave - chicagotribune.com

Tourism official: City must curtail crime waveChicago's extensive efforts to reinvigorate its convention and tourism industries could be damaged unless the city quickly defuses the violent crime wave that has exploded in its neighborhoods and nicked the downtown, the city's top convention and tourism official said Wednesday.

"We hope this sunsets quickly because all the good work we're doing regionally, nationally and internationally, if this is not contained in a reasonable period of time, it will have an impact," Don Welsh, president and chief executive officer of Choose Chicago, said in a morning meeting with the Chicago Tribune's editorial board.

News reports of several unprovoked attacks by youths in the Michigan Avenue corridor and of the surge in murders in some impoverished Chicago neighborhoods are triggering concerned calls to Choose Chicago, the newly restructured not-for-profit agency that combines the city's convention bureau and its office of tourism and culture. The issue has gained national attention in the New York Times and other media.

"There are inquiries that are coming in from meeting planners that are saying, 'Hey, I'm reading about what's taken place in your city. Is your city safe?'" Welsh said. His organization received five to six such calls in the last few weeks, at this point seeking information not cancellations, he said at the meeting.

Later in the afternoon he downplayed the inquiries, saying the calls came over a period of six weeks and "if anything, it's dissipating a little bit. It's not omnipresent, it's a bit of a nuisance."

Chicago police have put more officers on patrol along the Magnificent Mile and its surrounding areas in light of the mob attacks. This includes officers who are normally assigned to other parts of the city.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I had the sushi sampler and the chef saw me making faces on certain ones so he sent over this lil chicken concoction with some sweet sauce on it.....:ohlawd:

lol,....

big man harris you got more tolerance than me.

i would never eat sushi,...

a trip for me, to a sushi bar.

would be like the ryback visiting panera bread with daniel bryan.

art barr

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
lol,....

big man harris you got more tolerance than me.

i would never eat sushi,...

a trip for me, to a sushi bar.

would be like the ryback visiting panera bread with daniel bryan.

art barr
Yeah, I wouldn't go around dissing sushi like that, Art. You're only telling on yourself with that stance.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah, I wouldn't go around dissing sushi like that, Art. You're only telling on yourself with that stance.

nah,...only sushi i am consuming is jumbo raw de-veined sckrimps.

other than that no sushi for me.

i am the pickiest eater that ever lived.

art barr

bigmanharris

Coli Gangsta
Daps
Reppin
GA
nah,...only sushi i am consuming is jumbo raw de-veined sckrimps.

other than that no sushi for me.

i am the pickiest eater that ever lived.

art barr

Bruh, i'm a picky eater myself.....but lately I been saying YOLO and trying all kinds of new stuff. I been eating faux sushi for about 5 years (California ROlls) and the real stuff for about 3-4 years. I'm funny as hell about textures of food, mixing of textures and mixing tastes.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
What is the name of the sushi joint in Oak Park over there across from the movie theatre?

Speaking of theatre, that one is a lick. They movies are only like $8 (at night $6 in the day) and it's free refills on any size drink or popcorn. Plus it's not nikkarish in there. As for the sushi joint across the street from there, I don't know anything about that.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I had the sushi sampler and the chef saw me making faces on certain ones so he sent over this lil chicken concoction with some sweet sauce on it.....:ohlawd:
haha
you got racial profiled.
In restaurants they know black folks love sweet, chicken, shrimp, buffalo sauce, Alfredo, fried etc...

I used to work in a restaurant...everybody that worked there would tell black folks to eat certain items because a lot of us (black folks) are picky as hell and eat like children (no offense)

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)