The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rahm blasts thugs who killed 7-year-old girl:

Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Thursday lashed out at the gang thugs who shot and killed a 7-year-old selling lemonade under her mother’s watch in the latest example of the gang violence that’s driving a 38 percent spike in Chicago homicides.

Emanuel clearly seems to be running out of things to say when innocent kids are caught in the gang crossfire or when bodies and shooting victims pile up after each summer weekend.

So he took a new tact after the Wednesday night murder of Heaven Sutton, a 7-year-old Austin girl who had begged her mother to move after several recent shootings in their West Side neighborhood.

Instead of defending gang strategies that don’t appear to be working, the mayor went on the offensive against the cold-hearted gang members engaged in a shootout around a kid selling lemonade on a summer night and a mom who was right there watching.

“This is not about crime. This is about values. Take your gang conflict away from a 7-year-old. Who raised you? You have a 7-year-old selling lemonade. You’re a member of a gang coming to get lemonade and another gang member is driving by. Where were you raised and who raised you? Stay away from the kids,” the mayor said, his voice rising.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
A lotta kids were playing outdoors the night that Heaven was shot. It could have been any of several children shot.

Heaven asked her mom to move away from that violent ass street.
Her mom opened a candy stand. <_<

JESUS? TAKE the wheel!

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
but a majority of the killings have been tied to Chicago&#8217;s increasingly complicated gang warfare, police statistics suggest,

yeah they don't understand that it ain't structured the same as it was in the 90's..its cliques thats within the gang, and sometimes those cliques will beef with cliques from their own gang..and some cliques thats in different gangs is cool with each other, which creates more confusion..

my lil nephew is out there bad right now..his set is a renegade GD set thats warrin with GD's and certain BD's..he'll be turning 21 in august and already got shot 7 times..my otha nephew locked up right now, and he even worse then him

bigmanharris

Coli Gangsta
Daps
Reppin
GA
honestly...Weber Grill is horrible.
For some reason one of my girlfriends friends suggested we ate there to meet with some folks from out of town.

Everyone sat down and was like :heh: why the fukk are we in this tourist trap?
Even my burger was bad.

I had chicken. shyt I had was good.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
northside always had the same issues as the west and south side..just on a smaller scale..im from east rogers park and it use to be wild up there in the 90's - early 2000's..and it still is to an extent

[ame=http://youtu.be/XAHKUOOFQqM]WELCOME 2 EAST ROGERS (OFFICIAL DVD) VOL.1 - YouTube[/ame]

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm ashamed to say we don't.....:snoop:

when i go out of town,......

i can never eat greasy spoon ghetto food from places out of town.

all because they have no mild sauce.

i may start having my females, that's with me.

carry some curt's in a small hot sauce bottle in their purse, for the gawd.

when i go out of town now.

chi-town people can't live without mild sauce.

art barr

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
fukk this heat and violence. I have a strong urge to just get the hell out but it almost isn't worth being anywhere else. It's like a bad relationship brehs. I want it to work out but she's sooooo bad. :ohlawd:

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
I'll be staying in the Loop for a couple days in Mid July, what are some good bars/lounges to hit up? I know I'll be here for part of The Taste but i've already been before, and not trying to deal with the crowds.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
So I was awarded the day off as I was #1 for the month and I just got paid, too! It's pretty much my first time with freetime in a long long while. I'm just burning this swisher and sipping on some Hennessy. Anyone want to grab a drink in the rain? Hit me up in a PM and maybe we can chill.