Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

CoyzKehXgAAT1Wc.jpg

:russ:they could've renamed a street nobody cares about after dude

:jbhmm:Is Bishop Brazier church even on Stony?? But that happened on most church blocks, the street gets renamed after the preacher but no one acknowledges it :lolbron:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
[URL='https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160825/washington-park/xs-tennis-village-starts-construction-after-closing-4m-budget-gap#']

The new XS Tennis facility will open in Washington Park in July of 2017 and will serve 5,000 kids when operating at full capacity.
View Full Caption
DNAinfo/Sam Cholke
WASHINGTON PARK — XS Tennis Village is starting construction on its $16.9 million tennis facility a year after breaking ground after discovering it needed an extra $4 million to clean up the former public housing land.

Kamau Murray, founder of Kenwood-based XS Tennis, said Thursday he found out after the groundbreaking in June of 2015 that he needed an extra $4 million to move electrical and sewer lines on the property at 5400 S. State St.

He said it took time to get all the building permits to begin construction on the 150,918-square-foot facility with 12 indoor tennis courts, a running track, classrooms and 15 outdoor courts and he's now confident the facility will open in July of 2017.[/URL]

XS Tennis Village Starts Construction After Closing $4M Budget Gap

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
people always talk about the shytty CPS schools, but if you take the time and test your kids you might be able to get them into a selective enrollment which will save you a bundle of money by not having to go the private school route. my youngest is going into 1st grade this year, and I got her into one of the top schools on this list from chicago magazine. on top of that, it's in my neighborhood, which means I only gotta drive 2 minutes to drop her off and pick her up. but when I got young kids that I can be around for while they're at school, that shyt is invaluable.

I been saying I'm getting tired of working from home. furthermore, 2 of the top 10 schools are in my neighborhood, which is crazy.

my oldest kid is in private school but going into 8th grade. and I tested her into some of the good schools, but my wife didn't want her to have to take the train up north to lincoln park. plus she wanted finish up her last year of grammar school at her school she been at for 6 years. but next year, she's going to public school, cuz I'm making her test again.

3xJ1KEV.png

52HpG0f.png

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

YES!! pullman is quietly getting lots of businesses. from walmart, to method soap, and then this whole foods warehouse, this is more great news. they have plenty of land, and they're right next to the exressway :clap: . I also heard that they were putting a chipotle out there as well. but I'm not so sure if that's happening. I love seeing more and more large businesses establish offices out south because that's gonna add more jobs to an underserved area.

I love it though.

my kids take cheerleading in that area, so I'm out there at least 4 times a week and sometimes I go running in the area. that historic district is really nice. and it's actually got a mix of blacks/whites/hispanics there coupled with low housing cost.

I wouldn't mind living there except since the homes are so old, they are typically small. plus the alleys are very narrow, and getting a two car garage is a rarity. also, the CTA doesn't go that far south by train, but the metra does. easy access to the expressway via the bishop ford is a plus tho.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Obamas choose Chicago’s Jackson Park for presidential library site

Wondering what will happen to that west woodlawn & north southshore area?:patrice:

I'm guessing good things. esp south shore. that library will be right between hyde park and south shore. so hopefully both areas will benefit. I was hoping for washington park since that area is a worse neighborhood and could use the good publicity more than woodlawn.

plus washington park is served by the green line which would make the area more accessible.