The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Went to Art After Dark at the Gantt Musuem. A lot of bougie and wannabe bougie brauds was out there. Definitely a good place to recruit, especially some basic 6/10 call center chicks.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
these amazon benz trucks is everywhere :damn:I even look out my window and there's an amazon truck
Didn't they just open the new distribution center near the Airport? I try to do a few Amazon Flex shifts a week but only deliver from the location on N Tryon since its closer

Also got a very busy Friday and Saturday morning but have a ticket to the Auto Show, so I need to find some time to get up to the Nascar Hall of Fame this weekend

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
Didn't they just open the new distribution center near the Airport? I try to do a few Amazon Flex shifts a week but only deliver from the location on N Tryon since its closer
did they? I had no idea all I know is within the last two weeks I been seeing them all over the city...

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC

Also got a very busy Friday and Saturday morning but have a ticket to the Auto Show, so I need to find some time to get up to the Nascar Hall of Fame this weekend
I just googled amazon flex:ohhh: Im so out of the loop:flabbynsick: you work with them?

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
I just googled amazon flex:ohhh: Im so out of the loop:flabbynsick: you work with them?
Yes, but only as an independent contractor so no benefits/guaranteed employment; have to watch the app for offers and grab them fast since its competitive. Guaranteed hourly ($18-$25 + tips for some jobs) unlike other ridesharing apps and usually finish my shifts early. And the mileage is not as bad, I normally don't drive more than 20-25 miles a 2.5-3 hour shift.

Now that I think of it the Facebook Amazon Flex group was complaining about all the Amazon vans too because they are bringing on more of their own delivery cars, and also 3rd party van delivery contractors. My guess is it will only get worse but I'm getting this money while I can

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
Yes, but only as an independent contractor so no benefits/guaranteed employment; have to watch the app for offers and grab them fast since its competitive. Guaranteed hourly ($18-$25 + tips for some jobs) unlike other ridesharing apps and usually finish my shifts early. And the mileage is not as bad, I normally don't drive more than 20-25 miles a 2.5-3 hour shift.

Now that I think of it the Facebook Amazon Flex group was complaining about all the Amazon vans too because they are bringing on more of their own delivery cars, and also 3rd party van delivery contractors. My guess is it will only get worse but I'm getting this money while I can
man that's whats up! didn't realize they had independent contractors doing delivery...that flexibility sounds like a win to me are you considering getting on board as an employee?

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
man that's whats up! didn't realize they had independent contractors doing delivery...that flexibility sounds like a win to me are you considering getting on board as an employee?

From the stories I've heard, the independent contractors (not employed by Amazon but a 3rd party) actually have it worse. $13-$14 an hour but their workload is much higher and can easily go 10 hours or more. I read an article that said Amazon is bringing in their own vans to cut down on the middleman and those are supposed to start at $15-$16 an hour. If I had that opportunity I would only do it part-time since I still come out a little better at my day job. I actually applied for a part-time night job at the Concord warehouse last year but they were overstaffed so I just withdrew my option for a callback to start training after a month of waiting.

Also, funny that when I was searching for that news, I came across this article, forgot that I got this news in the Amazon Flex Facebook group earlier today too. Sorry, this content is not available in your region.

I doubt this will happen in Charlotte because if anything they are trying to bring more of their operations down here, but just goes to show how volatile these gig economy jobs are.