The Official Callisto Protocol thread. PS/XB/PC - Dec 2.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
That’s bad right :lupe:
Not exactly.. Review Embargo is usually a publisher's call. There is a lot of risk for a 1st time studio and publisher to get a new IP off the ground and the fear of sabotage by media outlets outweighs the rewards for critical acclaim success.

I wouldn't call it a lack of confidence. Just a conservative play, because they need Callisto to be a success in an already niche genre. I watched a stream of it last night and it looked fantastic.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
its over. may as well put the dead space remake back on the wishlist
I gotta admit, the podcast series is doing an amazing job selling me on the lore so far. If it wasn’t for that and the fact that the OG Dead Space team is working on it, I’d be doing the same thing as you.

Did yall watch any of the leaked gameplay? The production levels look pretty good. I don’t like that theres no body or limb damage from gunfire though. Thats somethign I absolutely hate about these kind of games.

Resident evil 2 remake had really good body damage and Vilalge went back to not showing it

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
a lot of publishers do internal mock reviews, they usually set the embargo depending on how they go. Which is why Sony always tends to have their review embargos set earlier (like a week before release) because the high metacritic scores act as additional marketing.

Setting your review embargo close to or on launch means you’re not confident the critical reception and word of mouth will benefit the game. Sometimes its bad management and you can’t get review codes out on time, but thats not really the case here since they went gold last month

taker597

Superstar
Daps
a lot of publishers do internal mock reviews, they usually set the embargo depending on how they go. Which is why Sony always tends to have their review embargos set earlier (like a week before release) because the high metacritic scores act as additional marketing.

Setting your review embargo close to or on launch means you’re not confident the critical reception and word of mouth will benefit the game. Sometimes its bad management and you can’t get review codes out on time, but thats not really the case here since they went gold last month
This isn't Sony... This is Krafton. Krafton 1st real game as a publisher.

Sony does that because they know that they are getting 95+.... What's Callisto ceiling as a 12 hour horror game? 90... Maybe 88?

Krafton don't know shyt. Horror games is insanely subjective and you never know how these games shake out. Evil Within 2 was a fantastic horror game...76/80 metacritic.