Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't the rumor that Easter n co offered $3Mm? What happened to that??

Mikey was offered 3.5 million to face Lipinets or Easter.....he chose Lipinets and now saying the money isn't enough to face Easter:scust:

Mikey Garcia Wants to Make Linares Fight After Facing Lipinets

Multiple industry insiders have informed BoxingScene.com that his total compensation package will be roughly $3.5 million, a concerted effort to keep Garcia affiliated with Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions for at least one more fight.

Funny thing though is he's using similar excuses to not fight Easter as he used for Linares:

About not fighting Linares:

“It’s part of the business of boxing,” Garcia told BoxingScene.com. “Just like I see Golden Boy [Promotions] looking out for the best interests of their company, I also have to look out for my best interests, the best business for Mikey Garcia.”

“We both want that fight,” Garcia said. “Linares and myself want that fight. It’s hard when the business doesn’t allow it to happen. But we, myself and Golden Boy, said we would both take a fight in between. He’s fighting January 27th. I’m fighting February the 10th. We agreed that right after my fight we would get back together and start having a conversation about maybe getting a fight with Linares sometime in the summer.”

“However, when we looked at the purses and the guarantees and the percentages and all that, we thought, along with Golden Boy, it’s best to wait. A fight like that is a tougher sell in January than it is in May or June. So that’s why we said, ‘You know what? Let’s both take another fight in between and then we’ll see each other in the summer.’ ”

About not fighting Easter:

“He’s willing to fight me and I’m willing to fight him,” Garcia told BoxingScene.com. “But when the purse was not really exciting, not what we both want, it’s hard to get those fights done. And people forget, everybody wants to get paid, everyone wants to get money. No one likes to take pay cuts.

“Whatever job you’re doing, if the boss comes and tells you, ‘I can only pay you this much because I don’t have it in the budget,’ I’m sure you’re gonna complain about why they’re cutting your money. Nobody likes to take a pay cut. So we also wanna make sure that we’re being taken care of financially, as well as in boxing.”

“I’m not saying he’s not worthy, but it just didn’t make [financial] sense for this fight in January,” Garcia said. “Maybe on another occasion we could actually get that fight [made], but it didn’t make sense for this fight.

“When it came down to the purses, again, if the guy can’t get paid what he’s asking for or generate the money that we need in sales to pay him what he’s asking for, or to get paid what we need to get paid, also, sometimes the budget ain’t gonna work.”

:jbhmm:

Is he now Money Mike? :jbhmm:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Nevermind the ugly shirt he's wearing.....Prograis working:obama:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Lara is shaky as fukk but he hasnt been exposed fully yet outside of the molina fight...i always said he had the most underrated one hitter quitter in boxing today

too bad Lara doesn't believe in his power when he's facing guys on his level or better.

I think Hurd beats the shyt outta Lara. I'm thinking people are forgetting how past it Angulo was for that fight and he still dropped him twice and made him look bad. Hell, just imagine what a prime Angulo would have done. :mjlol:

Lara is the only guy that can constantly have mediocre performances against guys his level and nikkas still tote his skill level as if it's out of this world or something.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

:dame: Facts detected

196157.gif

I need receipts of what he's talking about....what writers said he's ducking Postol?:patrice:

I dont recall that:hubie:
kobe-laugh.gif

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
I need receipts of what he's talking about....what writers said he's ducking Postol?:patrice:

I dont recall that:hubie:

Ducking Postol ?

I recall the boogeyman/dangerous narrative, maybe Crawford has specific media in mind... but I googled your receipts and the internet provides. :umad:

Postol Reveals Terence Crawford Refused To Fight Him

Terence Crawford has to "Put up or shut up" against Viktor Postol » Boxing News

Viktor Postol has become a boogey man of sorts in the junior welterweight division dating back to Danny Garcia’s reign as 140-pound champ. In October of 2014 Danny Garcia and his team decided to pay Viktor Postol step aside money in order for Danny to fight Lamont Peterson.

This fight seemed like it was never going to happen at one point due to the ongoing politics of boxing. Postol had accused Crawford of ducking him once he had signed the contract to fight Hank Lundy.

throw it in your search bar for more

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I recall the boogeyman/dangerous narrative, maybe Crawford has specific media in mind... but I googled your receipts and the internet provides. :umad:

Postol Reveals Terence Crawford Refused To Fight Him

Terence Crawford has to "Put up or shut up" against Viktor Postol » Boxing News

throw it in your search bar for more

Breh...no recognized Boxing writer said it.

None of the items you posted were from anyone legit saying it.

The only things you posted with the word "duck" in them are from another message board which has less posters than The Ring (boxingnews.com's forum)....and a Boxing fan who has less Twitter followers than I do:heh:

Ima have to reject that deposit, but if you cool with it then:hubie:

I dont recall ever hearing that or it even being brought up on here either:manny:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps