Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Even if I tend to believe that Davis just wanted to publicly embarrass her with uncontrolled statements I also think that she mixes personal emotions too much with her job which is being a boxing jounalist. I don’t like when journalists develop bias and get too close to the subjects they write about, there is no total objectivity but a level of clear headed objectivity is needed if not else for not getting involved in beefs with boxers on social media. She’s obviously still better than the likes of Steve Kim :scust:

Also I know the boxing world is small and everybody is fighting for accesses so it’s kinda unavoidable that most of the boxing journalists gonna get in personal contact with boxers, become a fan of some, maybe hating some, all I’m asking is to try to convey it in front of the readers and don’t be so fukking obvious about your bias. Some journalists RB included even seem to be proud of getting close to certain boxers and knowing everything from A to Z what’s going on in their camp but please be proud of it inside 4 walls not in front of the readers. We don’t have to know that a journalist is so down with x or y and their team, in ideal case we don’t know that and don’t figure it out either based on the articles/podcasts/videos.

Journalist objectivity is important but more and more media members forget about it as they mix social media, their job and their personal life together.

Last edited:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The whole shyt with tank was cuz word on the curb be wobbling on buds dikk :hhh:

She shytted on tank N Floyd...acting like a Stan that posts here...Cuz Floyd dared to say something as a promoter N dared to say shyt bout bud

She ain't digging up articles bout dlh being a custie N was letting other nikkas run GBP when fishnets talks bout how well hed promote Wilder :stopitslime:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Even if I tend to believe that Davis just wanted to publicly embarrass her with uncontrolled statements I also think that she mixes personal emotions too much with her job which is being a boxing jounalist. I don’t like when journalists develop bias and get too close to the subjects they write about, there is no total objectivity but a level of clear headed objectivity is needed if not else for not getting involved in beefs with boxers on social media. She’s obviously still better than the likes of Steve Kim :scust:

Also I know the boxing world is small and everybody is fighting for accesses so it’s kinda unavoidable that most of the boxing journalists gonna get in personal contact with boxers, become a fan of some, maybe hating some, all I’m asking is to try to convey it in front of the readers and don’t be so fukking obvious about your bias. Some journalists RB included even seem to be proud of getting close to certain boxers and knowing everything from A to Z what’s going on in their camp but please be proud of it inside 4 walls not in front of the readers. We don’t have to know that a journalist is so down with x or y and their team, in ideal case we don’t know that and don’t figure it out either based on the articles/podcasts/videos.

Journalist objectivity is important but more and more media members forget about it as they mix social media, their job and their personal life together.
I remember she used bee on dontaesboxing weekly show, she'd get very emotional and annoying

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I remember she used bee on dontaesboxing weekly show, she'd get very emotional and annoying
She started out on Dontae’s Boxing Nation? :ohhh:

Dontae is another guy who is mad biased and doesn’t even try to hide it. I mean I get it they are fans too not just journalists but in their job they should keep their personal preferences under the blanket not showing us, the best is when not even fans can decide which boxers are a certain jounalist’s favorite and which ones s/he hates. Most of the boxing media fails to do that either because they just lack the ability to remain cold professionals or because they are paid by a promoter or channel and are basically being used as extended promotional tools plus a weapon against the competition.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
She started out on Dontae’s Boxing Nation? :ohhh:

Dontae is another guy who is mad biased and doesn’t even try to hide it. I mean I get it they are fans too not just journalists but in their job they should keep their personal preferences under the blanket not showing us, the best is when not even fans can decide which boxers are a certain jounalist’s favorite and which ones s/he hates. Most of the boxing media fails to do that either because they just lack the ability to remain cold professionals or because they are paid by a promoter or channel and are basically being used as extended promotional tools plus a weapon against the competition.
She was probably doing shyt before i heard her on there. She was not apart of his shyt but he would do a weekly show with various boxing youtuber's and she would be on there,also boxingego and others would be there. He still does the show now.
Who is dontae bias towards?

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
“P4P, #1 fighter in the world hands down is Terence Crawford...........he reminds me a lot of a young Floyd Mayweather, he’s a muthafukka...he can fight his ass off, and that’s what I like about him.”

- Floyd Mayweather :wow:

:salute:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
She was probably doing shyt before i heard her on there. She was not apart of his shyt but he would do a weekly show with various boxing youtuber's and she would be on there,also boxingego and others would be there. He still does the show now.
Who is dontae bias towards?
Like basically every American PBC fighter? :pachaha: Ladt time I checked at least

Fighthype and Dontae are very pro PBC/Haymon and anti HBO/ESPN while most of the Ring Magazin and a part of Boxingscene is anti-PBC and Haymon and pro HBO/ESPN

Boxing civil war for yall... :gucci:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Like basically every American PBC fighter? :pachaha: Ladt time I checked at least

Fighthype and Dontae are very pro PBC/Haymon and anti HBO/ESPN while most of the Ring Magazin and a part of Boxingscene is anti-PBC and Haymon and pro HBO/ESPN

Boxing civil war for yall... :gucci:
Any examples,i 've never noticed dontae being bias,seems pretty fair.
As far as ring magazine i agree

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
The whole shyt with tank was cuz word on the curb be wobbling on buds dikk :hhh:

She shytted on tank N Floyd...acting like a Stan that posts here...Cuz Floyd dared to say something as a promoter N dared to say shyt bout bud

She ain't digging up articles bout dlh being a custie N was letting other nikkas run GBP when fishnets talks bout how well hed promote Wilder :stopitslime:

Tweets in question:sas2:

:sas2:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Bread on Loma breaking down & making Rigo quit:

From a technical stand point, Rigo has a wide stance. He sits back on his back foot in a wide stance and he dares you to step to him with the threat of him punishing you with his machete like left hand. Loma challenged that wide stance with quick short steps and he invaded Rigo’s space. He kept ending up on top or behind Rigo. His feet were better and quicker. Loma also didn’t overpunch. If he would have thrown his left hand from too far out then Rigo would have rocked back and countered with a left hand. Loma instead got right up on Rigo and just hit him with a short compact jab. He took the simple shot. Processing.
Loma feints you into a defensive commitment. Then after he puts you there he takes advantage of wherever you go to defend yourself. Rigo kept breaking to the same side to evade Loma. He never adjusted. This fight was essentially over after 4 rounds.

After Loma conquered Rigo’s move he started punishing him with short compact shots. I thought he hurt him in the 5th or 6th round. At that point Rigo’s body language started to change. I believe Pedro Diaz is a great coach and he attempted to save face. He saved his fighter.

From a physical standpoint, Loma was very strong physically. He refused to be held and he started manhandling Rigo. He learned from his fight with Salido. So he had the advantage from a technical stand point and physicality stand point.

I don’t overly criticize fighters who quit. But I also won’t give them excuses unless the injury is confirmed and super serious. I’ve seen guys quit in lots of ways. Some lay on the ground and let themselves get counted out knowing they can get up. Some get up and act like they are more hurt. Some start blinking and claim they can’t see. It happens.

In Rigo’s case I will say I’m somewhat disappointed and here is why. Rigo had a large group of people who empathized for him because of his perceived “blackballing” after his Nonito Donaire victory. Make no mistake Rigo was severely ducked at 122lbs. Every elite fighter who competed at 122 during Rigo’s prime, moved up to 126 and steered clear of Rigo. So now Rigo gets his big chance that he asked for. He wanted this fight!

So he gets the fight and realizes he bit off more than he could chew. Very few elite level fighters have quit because of an injured hand. I don’t know if his hand was injured or not but I saw him hitting the pads on media day and he was cracking. Rigo quit on his fans hearts. He quit on the people who fought for the injustices that were put on him. I’m not saying I will never forgive him but I will admit it hurt me to see a fighter I have strongly defended quit like that. Even still I empathize with Guillermo Rigondeaux. For some reason the odds always seem to be against him. He is loathed by American writers. I can’t think of another Gold Medalist who won a legacy defining fight (Donaire)that was treated so poorly. For this fight before the fight the WBA threatened to strip him if he lost. Why the win or lose stipulation if the belt is not up for grabs? I’ve never seen that before. Nevertheless quitting in a fight of that magnitude without a serious injury follows you forever. Roberto Duran quit but he came back like a gun and tried to make amends. He took Hagler to the brink, kod Davey Moore and beat Iran Barkley. I hope Rigondeaux comes back for his legacy’s sake. The boxing gods won’t be kind to him if he doesn’t.

Fighters are very prideful. A fighter would rather get beaten up than embarrassed. Lomachenko realizes that so he embarrasses them before he starts to beat them up. Once he starts to beat them up it’s double the impact. By the time he kicks it in gear, the crowd, the opponent and the opponent’s corner all feel bad for the opponent. That’s the reason why the opponent’s are surrendering like they are.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I wonder how a rematch between Ali and Vargas would turn out.
I was thinking the same thing. I think it'd be dope. But I thought the same thing about the first fight, and Ali got whooped.