Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I don’t like when shot fighters being dragged back from retirement only to sacrifice them for some shyt a promoter wants. :camby:

At this point barely anyone cares about Salido’s win over Lomachenko they compare Loma to everybody and their girlfriend anyway and at this point a Salido rematch is meaningless because while one of them just became better since, the other one became old and washed and coming off of a KO loss, all of these which made him retire on the first place. So it’s not like the same fighter would take revenge on the same fighter, at this point neither of them is the fighter he was then...

I don’t even believe Loma would be pushing for this, doubt he gives a fukk, it’s Arum and his bullshyt probably. Good luck with getting a washed, retired, 37 years old guy beaten to a pulp... :francis:

Nope. We tired of it:birdman:

Everytime Loma does something, nikkas bring up Salido. The Loma/Rigo fight thread is filled with nikkas talking that Salido shyt.:snoop:

Salido ducked a rematch for 3+ years....its his fault it will finally take place now, not Loma or TR's. We can only fight him when he's ready....apparently, now he's ready.:manny:

We gonna try, for the 3rd time now, to make this rematch happen so that we can avenge the L, and beat everyone we ever faced, and then the Loma train can continue moving forward. :demonic:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Salido says he believes his struggles to make weight were the main cause for coming up short against Roman, and says he came into his training camp at his highest weight ever. Because of this, Salido says his training camp was mostly focused on simply losing weight, instead of on actual boxing.

"I felt that I left my fight at the scale," Salido said. "No excuse, but one fight in 18 months did not help me stay in shape, and getting to the weight was the biggest concern for my fight, and while I am happy with the fight that I gave the fans, I truly believe that I can do better, so I am keeping my options open to returning in 2018 at 130 or 135 pounds. Sometime after a fight and in the heat of the moment, things are said that, upon reflection, are not the correct things to say. I want to get back into the ring to give my fans some more thrills as I believe I still have some good boxing left."

According to him, he really aint washed...just didnt train to fight at his best, had too much weight to lose:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

ESPN’s Loma-Rigo Watched By 1.73M; Basic Cable’s No. 2 Since 2012

By Keith Idec

The ESPN broadcast headlined by the Vasyl Lomachenko-Guillermo Rigondeaux fight Saturday night drew the second-highest audience for boxing on basic cable television since 2012.

The 154-minute broadcast, which included four fights, was watched by an average of 1.73 million viewers, according to ratings released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research.

Only one boxing telecast on basic cable over the past five years, Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn, and two overall drew higher ratings than the Lomachenko-Rigondeaux card.

The four-fight broadcast that featured Horn’s upset of Pacquiao on July 2 in Brisbane, Australia, attracted an average viewership of 2,818,000. The highest-rated premium-cable audience, No. 2 overall on cable during that same span, was HBO’s average viewership of 2,146,000 for Canelo Alvarez’s third-round knockout of James Kirkland in May 2015.

lomachenko-rigondeaux-fight%20(8).jpg

ESPN’s show Saturday night, highlighted by Lomachenko’s technical-knockout victory over the previously unbeaten Rigondeaux, also out-performed its boxing and mixed martial arts competition on premium and basic cable Saturday night.

The most-watched fight of HBO’s tripleheader Saturday night from Las Vegas, Miguel Roman’s ninth-round stoppage of Orlando Salido, averaged 534,000 viewers over 34 minutes. The ESPN and HBO boxing broadcasts partially went head-to-head, but the entire Roman-Salido main event aired after Lomachenko-Rigondeaux ended.

ESPN, which entered a four-year agreement with Bob Arum’s Top Rank Inc. earlier this year to broadcast his promotional company’s boxing content, is a basic cable channel available in more than 80 million homes in the United States. HBO, a premium cable channel, has roughly 32 million subscribers in the U.S.

The Lomachenko-Rigondeaux show also attracted a bigger audience than UFC’s telecast Saturday night on FS1. The UFC broadcast averaged 870,000 viewers over a 185-minute period.

ESPN’s boxing broadcast also topped UFC in the coveted 18-49 demographic (761,000 viewers to 413,000) and in the 25-54 age range (736,000 to 464,000).

The overall viewership for the Lomachenko-Rigondeaux broadcast ultimately will be higher because the figures reported by Nielsen on Tuesday don’t include viewers that watched it on ESPN Deportes, through ESPN’s streaming services and away from homes (bars, restaurants, other non-household feeds).

LomA-Side:wow:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
No loma doesn't....Garcia is textbook to the tee, meaning he doesn't have that shyt you can't teach....with loma he has elite level skillsets

That boy has already ran out of options he can selectivity pick and choose...nikka look like he roll out the bed and get in the ring, only so long his pop will bail him out, only so long before someone outwork him and molest his lower abdomen
Mikey's pop didn't bail him out vs Broner so whats your new theory? Mikey bigger than Loma, packs dynamite in both hands, can throw 800 punches in a fight, and has Loma's kryptonite as his best weapon (left hook). So can you please advise?

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Mikey's pop didn't bail him out vs Broner so whats your new theory? Mikey bigger than Loma, packs dynamite in both hands, can throw 800 punches in a fight, and has Loma's kryptonite as his best weapon (left hook). So can you please advise?

:jbhmm: what fight this happened?
Mikey is an elite fighter but I don´t think of him as some volume puncher. He usually seems to be pretty economic.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm: what fight this happened?
Mikey is an elite fighter but I don´t think of him as some volume puncher. He usually seems to be pretty economic.

Yep.

He definitely cant match Loma volume, but the textbook/iq/power vs unorthodox/iq/speed matchup will be :whew:.

My #2 fight I wanna see in 2018.....after Wilder/Joshua.