Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 9/15:

GGG vs. Canelo:
- Both Canelo and GGG's camps are saying a fight with Cotto is entirely possible. Cotto told him Thurs. night he would fight GGG at 160.
- Canelo has a rematch clause, but it may allow an interim.
- It is rare a mega fight is so evenly matched. Last time he went back and forth so much was Trinidad-Vargas.
- ODH understands that losses don't derail your career (in his comments of "so what" in regards to if Canelo loses). If you lose in a good fight and give a good effort, the fans will want to see you again.
- Not unreasonable to think GGG really gets his jab going to control action.
- Doesn't think writers are secretly rooting for GGG. Both fighters are nice guys, easy to deal with, and well liked.
- Teddy Atlas believes Canelo won the stare down and it gives him an advantage in the fight. As usual disagrees with Teddy.
- Does not think the extra muscle will hurt Canelo. He did it intentionally and it was calculated to try and help him in this fight.
- This is GGG's biggest fight and he is desperate for it. Canelo wants to really win this fight, but it is not his biggest fight.
- Agree that Jacobs was a big, athletic, and talented MW in their prime. GGG dropped him and got the close win he deserved. Let's not forget that Jacobs skipped the morning IBF weigh in and had 15-18 lbs on him.
- Canelo's team could be looking at Jacobs size as a blueprint.
- Great atmosphere for the fight. Genuine excitement in the air.
- Some think that by fighting out of the division a couple times Canelo gave up his lineal title, others think he still holds it. After tonight the winner will be the lineal champion.
- They have heard the complaints of the east coast fans and they are assuring the fighters will be in the ring about 11 pm East Coast time.
- It is better for GGG's chances to get a KO, than try to get a victory on the cards vs. Canelo.
- Has seen no nervousness from GGG.
- Expects Canelo to be 175 to 178 on fight night.
- Officially picking GGG by late KO.
- Dave Moretti has a history of favoring Canelo on scorecards. He had Canelo-Cotto 11-1 and gave him 4 rounds vs. Floyd. He definitely prefers Canelo's style.
- GGG would be allowed to fight Cotto next without vacating a title, if he won.
- Both fighters are being VADA tested.
- Over/under PPV buys at 1.3 million? Over.

The rest of boxing:
- Not sure who will be Kovalev's trainer. He can still be a top LHW, but he will never be the same as Ward broke him mentally.
- Chocolatito will be in the HOF, but he is probably done now. He never looked looked good at 115 (too small),he was in some wars, and aging.
- Wilder vs. Ortiz is basically a done deal. Expects it to be announced next week when Canelo-GGG is over.
- Thinks Usyk will win the Super Series tournament.
- There is a chance a TV deal will be in place the time the next CW fight takes place for the Super Series tournament.
- BJS antics don't surprise him. He is a low class guy.
- Has not heard who Jacobs will fight next, but likely he appears as the undercard on the Nov. 4 Wilder-Ortiz card.
- Possible Inoue could unify with Ancajas. Ancajas is an exciting and talented fighter. That fight is doable.
- The fights this year (including upcoming) make it a HOF year.
- Had Cuadras winning 114-113.
- Thurman will not be back until at least early next year.
- If Chocolatito does retire then on HOF ballot when it comes up would be: Chocolatito, Floyd, Wlad, and Cotto. Only 3 would get in as a first ballot.
- Not sure when Mayweather vs. McGregor PPV numbers will be announced. His sources say it did not break the record.
- Pacquiao will not fight again in 2017.
- Jacobs vs. Charlo would be a great fight.
- Wilder vs. Ortiz will be on regular Showtime. No US TV for Joshua-Pulev yet, but likely Showtime.
- Likely we see Sor vs. Estrada next.
- Wilder is not a ducker. He has always tried to fight the best in the division. It is just the overall the HW division has been weak and when he has secured big fights (Povetkin) they fall through and aren't his fault.
- Huck is one of top 3 CW's in history. Has been a fan of his for a long time, but his time is over.
- Top CW's? 1. Holyfield, 2. Huck, 3. Haye, 4. Jirov.
- Kovalev for the HOF as of today? Borderline, but has never given it much thought.
- Who would he like to see Ward fight next? Stevenson.
- With Loma now fighting Rigo, has he ever seen anyone with a better resume after 10 fights? No.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Daniel Dubois :damn: :wow:
48 seconds, 3 knockdowns :gucci:
He turned on his kaioken
full

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Breadman on gloves:

I can’t pick a glove because it depends on the type of puncher you are and how your hands are built. If I wanted someone cut up I would pick Everlast MX because of the soft leather and horsehair stuffing. But you need hard hands to wear them. Mikey Garcia and Deontay Wilder wear them.

If you want more protection but still want to crack wear Everlast Power Locks like Danny Jacobs.

If you want thudding power with an old school soft leather wear Reyes like Adonis Stevenson and Danny Garcia.

The rival is the new wave and I like them. You can make almost a complete fist in the softer leather rival like Keith Thurman.

Grant seems to be the most popular these days among the elite fighters. They are also the smallest so they can get through the guard easier. GGG and Errol Spence rock Grants.

I know I’m sick I memorize each glove that the top fighters wear. I even notice when they switch up. Lately Kovalev has been switching up. He’s been all over the place. He used to Krush folks in Reyes. Then he went to Grants. Then he switched to a new version everlast. In his last fight he wore Rival. Gloves are very important.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
when the hell did he fight? I had the Banner Promotions Youtube link up of the stream in the background and when it started around 4pmEST it was two white dudes fighting, was he first up?
Bout 50 or so minutes ago. shyt paramedics came in after guy got blasted out