Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If Alvarez's camp isn't taking this to put Cotto/Alvarez + Mayweather/Guerrero on the same card to build up the fight in the fall I will understand, I won't say a bad word about this card.

If Cotto/Alvarez isn't on the undercard though.. :pacspit:

I feel you breh.

I just hope we don't get some accidental headbutt type shyt that can jepordize a fight in the fall.

Even then, I don't know if I fully believe Floyd will fight twice next year though. nikka might be saying all that so fans won't voice their displeasure for the Guerrero fight. Nothing stopping dude from putting a clinic on Robert's face and throwing a potential fight in the fall with Canelo in the bushes. Guess we'll have to see.

kbtwofour

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Mayweather vs. Guerrero would sell millions alone? The hell you been smoken?

He couldve fought Canelo striaght up, especially since Floyd fans think he's "easy work". Hell, Bradley wouldve been more interesting.

Mayweather fighting once a year against the likes of Ortiz and Guerrero (through Berto mind you) is NOT helping out his legacy.

Although at this point, all he cares about is suckering you for your money. But in my case, he aint getting a single dime from me.

When did I say the fight would sell millions? I said the fight will sell over a million. Learn how to read.

I don't have to be smoking anything because I actually know how the business of boxing works unlike you. In the last five years Floyd has fought only two guys (DLH and Cotto) who can sell a PPV. Floyd is a special fighter who people will pay to see win or lose.

How is he going to fight Bradley when Bradley is signed to Top Rank?

Canelo is still a couple of years away from fighting someone like Floyd. Canelo is still too raw and too young for a mega fight. Why have them fight on May 4th when you can do a double header and have that be the prequel for a fight in September?

Like I said earlier, tell me who was actually available for a fight in May.

Little boys don't know the game of boxing.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Canelo beats Cotto by UD and even has the possibility of knocking him out late in the fight.

I think the total opposite. I think cotto can sneak up and outbox canelo and catch canelo getting desperate and knock his ass out. If not, close decision for possible fight of the year and a sequel. I still give the edge to cotto.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
When did I say the fight would sell millions? I said the fight will sell over a million. Learn how to read.

I don't have to be smoking anything because I actually know how the business of boxing works unlike you. In the last two years Floyd has fought only two guys (DLH and Cotto) who can sell a PPV. Floyd is a special fighter who people will pay to see win or lose.

How is he going to fight Bradley when Bradley is signed to Top Rank?

Canelo is still a couple of years away from fighting someone like Floyd. Canelo is still too raw and too young for a mega fight. Why have them fight on May 4th when you can do a double header and have that be the prequel for a fight in September?

Like I said earlier, tell me who was actually available for a fight in May.

Little boys don't know the game of boxing.

he fought DLH 5 years ago :beli:

kbtwofour

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
he fought DLH 5 years ago :beli:

This is what I meant. :takedat:

2007: DLH - PPV Star (A-side fighter)

2008 - Hatton - Not a PPV star in the US.

2009- JMM - Not a PPV star in the US. His highest PPV buys without Pac and Floyd is around 200K. I think that was off the rematch with Diaz.

2010 - Mosley was never an A-side fighter and could only sell buys with a popular opponent.

2011 -Ortiz, A career undercard fighter. When has he ever sold anything as an a-side fighter?

2012 - Cotto can do solid PPV numbers and buys.

2013 - Guerrero, another career undercard fighter.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Typo, lol.

I meant to say in the last five years. :p

Well, Hatton and Mosely aswell to an extent. I heard the Hatton fight did something like 1.2-1.4million ppv buys in the uk - add that to 950k in the US . . . :whew:

kbtwofour

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Well, Hatton and Mosely aswell to an extent. I heard the Hatton fight did something like 1.2-1.4million ppv buys in the uk - add that to 950k in the US . . . :whew:

You can't credit all the buys to Hatton because what other of his fights did numbers like that in UK? Floyd is also very popular in the UK.

Hatton's two biggest PPV buys were against Pac and Floyd. Do you think he would do numbers without them?

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
You can't credit all the buys to Hatton because what other of his fights did numbers like that in UK? Floyd is also very popular in the UK.

Hatton's two biggest PPV buys were against Pac and Floyd. Do you think he would do numbers without them?

Floyd fights in the UK dont really do numbers, yeah he is popular but the main PPV network hasnt picked up any of his fights since Hatton iirc. His last few have been on primetime and have likely done well under 100k . . Floyd/JMM was on free tv aswell. . .

You can't credit all the buys to Hatton because what other of his fights did numbers like that in UK?

Thats like saying what other floyd fights did PBF/DLH numbers? :manny:

All i know is Hatton has the most sky boxoffice ppv buys for any boxer, so he does sell well, and dont forget his fights in vegas brought something like 15-20k british fans across the pond. . . Dude was selling out 50k football stadiums n sh!t. . For a guy that was a bum, he did damn good for himself.

Dont get me wrong though, Floyd will break 1million buys fighting anybody pretty much.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Floyd being popular in the UK is a myth started by himself for himself. Only as popular as a random #1 p4p can be anywhere these days.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I really hope to see Cotto/Canelo because that was the original plan, but if Cotto's gonna get his will broken like he did against Trout, then it's gonna be another sad showing...and sad to see his career end like that.

Although Canelo might be a better matchup for Cotto since he ain't the long lefty Trout is, the kid attacks like shyt early and could exploit Cotto's chin. Don't go toe to toe & hit the body, or else Puerto Ricans everywhere will cry again & be like:

:damn: "THROW THE DAMN TOWEL!!"

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I would put some money down to see a Floyd/Canelo fight....

but a Floyd/Ghost fight:what: Nah, that's wait next week/stream status.

I just have no interest in seeing Mayweather Jr fight a nikka who gonna grapple/smother/headbutt in order to stay competitive. It just doesn't do it for me.
C/S

I might actually completely skip this fight...

Guerrero is a smart fighter but stylistically he's a very ugly fighter and extremely flawed...He's a lot like Cheato minus the bricks...He had to take a page out of Holyfield's book to beat fukking Andre Berto...I have zero interest in watching another all out grapple and headbutt fest...