Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

kbtwofour

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Time for GBP to set up a mini tournament with the winners fighting each other later in the year.

Garcia vs. Matthysse and Khan vs. Allakhverdiev.

kbtwofour

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Schaefer says May 4th could break the PPV record with what hes planning...its gonna take 2 more weeks to announce it tho:shaq2:

Didnt sound like it would be Money vs Ginger but Canelo would again be on Floyds Undercard

So we likely to get Canelo vs Cotto N Mayweather vs Guerrero :snoop:

PPV Record? :rudy:

Canelo and Floyd both have limited options because of who is actually available to fight on May 4th. Unless they fight each other they both have to take a tune-up fight before a big fight in September.

I just hope they put together a solid card and give the fans what they want instead of a bullshyt card Top Rank gives the fans.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
PPV Record? :rudy:

Canelo and Floyd both have limited options because of who is actually available to fight on May 4th. Unless they fight each other they both have to take a tune-up fight before a big fight in September.

I just hope they put together a solid card and give the fans what they want instead of a bullshyt card Top Rank gives the fans.

GBP has waaay better undercards then Top Rank

Guerrero jus isnt intriguing as an opponent for Mayweather...He needs at least 1 more good win...Ortiz, Alexander, hell even MAYBE Maidana would help out his resume

Them Mexicans was cheering loud af for Ghost last night tho....we all kno the PPV will sell:beli:

kbtwofour

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali

Guerrero jus isnt intriguing as an opponent for Mayweather...He needs at least 1 more good win...Ortiz, Alexander, hell even MAYBE Maidana would help out his resume

Them Mexicans was cheering loud af for Ghost last night tho....we all kno the PPV will sell:beli:

You can't hold that against him because he moved to 147 this year.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

What if they make Angulo/Kirkland 2 on the undercard :ohlawd:

Leo Santa Cruz/Hugo Ruiz :whoo:

Couple ^^ with Guerrero/Mayweather and Canelo/Cotto and we :eat:

SuikodenII

Daps
Arum Eyes Cuban For Donaire | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online

Referee Laurence Cole raises the arm of Nonito Donaire after the Filipino scored a third round TKO victory over Jorge Arce to retain the WBO super bantamweight crown at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. (AP)
HOUSTON — Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum saw the handwriting on the wall Saturday night at the Toyota Center.

It’s time to set up the fight everyone wants to see at super-bantamweight: Nonito Donaire against Cuban lefty Guillermo Rigondeaux, the reigning World Boxing Association titleholder.

Arum said he is now inclined to make this mouth-watering matchup happen with March 2013 as target date.

“We’ll talk with both fighters (Donaire and Rigondeaux) in the new year,” said Arum moments after Donaire scored a savage third-round knockout over Mexican veteran Jorge Arce of Mexico.

Donaire had actually called out Mexican-American Abner Mares, the reigning champion in the World Boxing Council, after easily taking out Arce but it doesn’t look like it will happen soon not only because Mares is being promoted by Golden Boy Promotions.

“Mares has a mandatory (defense against) No. 1 contender Victor Terrazas,” said Arum, whose promotional outfit Top Rank has Terrazas under its banner.

Rigondeaux was supposed to share the spotlight but his Thai opponent--Poonsawat Kratingdaengym--failed a blood test, forcing Top Rank to cancel the bout and leaving the two-time Olympic champion and two-time world amateur king dejected.

Donaire has actually been training his sights on the 32-year-old Rigondeaux, who is unbeaten with 11 fights, including eight stoppages.

“Bring them all on,” said Donaire.

While a Donaire-Mares pairing looks promising, a Donaire-Rigondeaux is much more attractive owing to the explosive styles of the two.

Donaire, whose recent win should bolster his stature in the pound-for-pound rankings, said he’d like to figure in three or four fights in 2013.

:ehh:

SuikodenII

Daps
so that means khan will move up to 147! Khan's career is basically done then.

Maybe, Lopez was a 140 lb fighter who moved up for the opportunity to face Ortiz and then put on extra weight for another big opportunity in facing Canelo

Honestly, 140 is his weight class, 147 when the opportunity arises

He shouldn't step into 154 again if he can help it

Oddly enough, I thought Khan would've outgrown 140 by now...

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
shyt, I think lopez is more dangerous than garcia at 147. dude broke ortiz's jaw and he showed mad heart vs canelo. dude is tall, lanky, and tough as shyt. I see khan getting laid out.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If Khan beats Lopez after that he should rematch Peterson....if he wins both then Id say hes earned that rematch with Danny Garcia

Arum is one sneaky JOO....throwing Terrazas at Mares....so he can avoid Questions bout Donaire vs Mares N instead make Rigondeaux vs Donaire where Arum keeps all the $$$$ to himself :rudy:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
shyt, I think lopez is more dangerous than garcia at 147. dude broke ortiz's jaw and he showed mad heart vs canelo. dude is tall, lanky, and tough as shyt. I see khan getting laid out.

I personally thank danny is more dangerous because of the power but I cant argue with your point:ld:

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Watching vintage boxing from the 50's on espn classic.

It's crazy how little the sport has changed.

They still go through all the traditions and pomp and circumstance at the beginning each fight.

I think other then baseball, boxing is the only keeps its tradition :leon: