Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

"(Vargas) is a good boxer," Roach said. "I don't think he's in Manny's league, but we'll see. Im not exactly sure how much time I'm going to have with him, so I'm glad it's Vargas instead of Crawford at this point. We'll fight Crawford down the line later, I'm sure, but I want to see exactly how this works. The Senate is more time-consuming, they tell me."

So, Crawford was never a real option...again:martin:

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 9/9:

Brook vs. GGG:
- People have said GGG looked drained at the weigh-in, but in his opinion he didn't think so.
- Rumors of GGG having the flu? He spoke with GGG for an hour and a half at a presser interview and GGG seemed his normal self, good mood and easy going. Sat a few inches away from him for half and hour and didn't notice any signs of the flu. He probably could have asked questions to GGG for as long as he wanted. Asked Abel if GGG was sick and he said no (wouldn't expect him to say yes).
- No one is underestimating Brook, it is just that most people believe GGG is the superior fighter.
- The WBA has said that if both Jacobs and GGG will win, they are going to mandate they fight. GGG has an HBO date tentatively of November 26 (likely in LA), so if they both win, it is possible.
- Who has a better shot at an upset: Brook or Cuadras? Cuadras.
- Expectation of Brook's strategy? Jab, go to the body, use his legs, should be quicker.
- According to Hearn, GGG gets no UK PPV money. He gets a purse fee and the US TV money.
- Would GGG KO prime Hopkins? Hopkins might lose, but not by KO. He has an all-time chin and superb defense.
- Could Froch go the distance vs. GGG? Sure, he had a great chin.
- Any truth to the report that GGG KO'd Kovalev with a body shot? That talk is certainly going around, but he hasn't seen any verified proof. There is debate about what happened.
- What happens if GGG loses? All is not lost as Brook is a quality fighter. However, the aura of invincibility is gone.
- Weigh in atmosphere? Pretty weak. O2 Arena isn't very convenient.
- GGG has a rematch clause.
- When Arguello was working with a promotional company in Nicaragua, he sent Dan a packet of young figher info and highlighted Chocolatito as one to watch out for.
- Differences between Brook and Khan? Brook is known for having a good chin and being in his prime. Khan has a poor chin and is past his prime.
- GGG on Eubanks Jr.? He is 50% clown and 50% fighter.
- The Canelo situation has GGG very upset.
- Picks? GGG by KO, Gonzalez W12, and Kamegai-Karass is 50/50 - Kamegai W12.

The rest of boxing:
- Jarrell Miller vs. Wilder? Not any time soon. Wilder is injured and has a mandatory, plus Miller needs to step up his competition.
- Rios vs. Ortiz? At this point, who gives a damn.
- Jacobs by KO and Easter by KO.
- Peterson vs. Cotto? Okay fight, bad PPV. Penciled in for Dec. 3 in NY, but they have to get the insurance stuff worked out.
- Danny Garcia? Hearing he likely won't fight Oct. 15. If his opponent is Molina, that fight has less than zero interest.
- Spoke with Hopkins, he wants to fight again, but only if it is a meaningful fight.
- Ruiz vs. Hughie Fury? Mildly interesting.
- Thoughts on Froch's new proboscis? I have nose idea what you mean.
- Salido's manager told him that Salido will fight in Mexico before the end of the year and in 2017 will look for a bigger fight vs. Lomachenko, Miura, or Vargas.
- According to HBO, Pacquiao is still contractually tied to them, despite not participating in his Nov. fight.
- Who will lose more money in 2016: Top Rank PPV's or PBC? PBC by far.
- Kovalev vs. Calzaghe at 175? Kovalev.
- Tito vs. Canelo at 154? Tito.
- Judah vs. Broner at 140? Tough, but Zab at his best is better.
- Chocolatito vs. Calderon? Chocolatito by KO.
- No new rumors on Shakur Stevenson. He is still considering his options and of course Mayweather's name pops up in rumors.
- Chacon vs. Gatti? Probably Chacon.
- Wlad vs. Fury 2? Thinks Wlad avenges his loss.
- Expect to see Valdez on the Pacquiao undercard and BJS on the Fury undercard.
- If he could have any PBC fighter matched against Pacquiao who would it be? Thurman or Garcia.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He needs to hang it up @patscorpio :wow:

He needed a SD to beat his opponent....his opponent has a career 28-17-3 record:francis:

i honestly just dont understand it breh..typically a fighter falls off like he has you can pinpoint something..especially if the mufukka is only 30 :francis:..he hasn't been in a string of hard fights outside of the valdez fight

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
- Rios vs. Ortiz? At this point, who gives a damn.
its still a fight to see..why? because there's legit hatred..might as well cash them out and send one or both to the bushes

- Peterson vs. Cotto? Okay fight, bad PPV. Penciled in for Dec. 3 in NY, but they have to get the insurance stuff worked out.
this is a PPV? :dahell:

- Danny Garcia? Hearing he likely won't fight Oct. 15. If his opponent is Molina, that fight has less than zero interest.
which molina? :patrice:

Salido's manager told him that Salido will fight in Mexico before the end of the year and in 2017 will look for a bigger fight vs. Lomachenko, Miura, or Vargas.
might as well...let him get a soft touch to get a W on his win column then go after another title

- Chocolatito vs. Calderon? Chocolatito by KO.
agreed...i hated watching calderon fight :scusthov:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rumor was John Molina. I forget who, but I think it is being shut down as being unlikely.
Who knows what is next for Garcia, Dan saying he thinks he won't fight 10/15. He is PBC's most popular fighter. :mindblown:

John molina..title shot? nah..:camby:

swift pbc's most popular fighter..i have to give that to broner...that undisciplined mufukka made cats tune in to watch him fight ashley theophane on a friday night..and it did numbers