Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
They pretty much gave up on ESPN & NBC

PBC fukked up by having so many different channels

Should a kept it FS1, Spike, and one for the primetime (CBS fox NBC)

They obviously got a money issue....I think they trying to save big fights for 2017 if they get a TV contract with CBS or fox

At the end of the day they got Showtime N Eazy E tho to save they ass...worst case scenario Showtime puts on beast cards like in 2013 :banderas:

yeah but same question, how they gonna make those cards if the fighters are overpriced?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
but how they gonna make the big fights if their stars got overpaid and now they ask millions for worthy challenges and unifications? Who's gonna pay for that? Especially that none of them are PPV fighters

you know :patrice:..thats a good question :ohhh:..thats an interesting dynamic right there

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
That's cuz PBC got all the fighters:dahell:

Bob wouldn't be bullshytting, he knows the game like the back of his hand.
Yeah I'm going to need you to go hl ahead with that playa.

nikka held Jauma vs Gamboa hostage..

It's like you nikkas either don't follow boxing or just forgot.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
but how they gonna make the big fights if their stars got overpaid and now they ask millions for worthy challenges and unifications? Who's gonna pay for that? Especially that none of them are PPV fighters
Nobody going to pay for it.

They either going to have to get down or lay down. You don't want to fight you are going to sit on the bench. Pretty simple. Star or not.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Yeah I'm going to need you to go hl ahead with that playa.

nikka held Jauma vs Gamboa hostage..

It's like you nikkas either don't follow boxing or just forgot.
Juanma and Gamboa weak as fukk :mjlol:

Gamboa played himself from a payday not to fight rios and runs to sign with 50 instead has to be one of the worst dicisions in boxing all time.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Juanma and Gamboa weak as fukk :mjlol:

Gamboa played himself from a payday not to fight rios and runs to sign with 50 instead has to be one of the worst dicisions in boxing all time.
Like I said... You don't know what the fukk you talking about.

Gamboa and Jaun MA was the fight that everyone wanted but Bob never gave it to us. He was supposedly letting it marrinate.

He shouldn't have even been talking about fighting Rios. He was way out of his weight class.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
And with these Cuban fighter it's never a big payday. They get a fight for a million dollars, they're only going to get about 250,000 of that. If that.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Like I said... You don't know what the fukk you talking about.

Gamboa and Jaun MA was the fight that everyone wanted but Bob never gave it to us. He was supposedly letting it marrinate.

He shouldn't have even been talking about fighting Rios. He was way out of his weight class.
Man no one is sweating that fight never got made :heh:

They turned out to be :scusthov:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
yeah but same question, how they gonna make those cards if the fighters are overpriced?

If errybody goes back to Showtime Espinosa will sign the checks...it'll be 2013 all over again

Money wasn't an issue then N showtime had Floyd, Canelo, Cotto, AB, Swift, One Time, Chino, etc etc etc

Same way they got Thurman Porter done

If theses guys are strictly Showtime/CBS it won't be an issue IMO

Then these guys will be built up N we get a PPV or 2 with a stacked card that will do more then 50-97k PPV

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
:dahell:

The same Bob Arum that can't get fights for his fighters on HBO?? The Bob Arum who was forced to put Crawford v Postol on PPV to do 50k??

Please explain how 2016 Arum is doing so much better :heh:

I know a lot of us hate Arum. But if PBC is losing money on top of putting on one decent card every 8 or 9 months then who's really winning?