Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
He telling the truth:ahh:

#AboutBillions
He is the betting favorite and he has a frame and probably skill advantage all I'm saying that I don't like this overly cocky mentality especially when somebody can't really back it up with achievements yet and probably doesn't even say for boosting sales.

This will probably backfire at some point probably not now but at some point.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
He is the betting favorite and he has a frame and probably skill advantage all I'm saying that I don't like this overly cocky mentality especially when somebody can't really back it up with achievements yet and probably doesn't even say for boosting sales.

This will probably backfire at some point probably not now but at some point.

They are about to fight...he should be overly confident imo

I wish I would concede that another man just may put hands on me, just to sound PC for people who AREN'T fighting.

Imo, a warrior should be supremely confident on the outside & never let people know/feel he has any doubt in his head going into the matchup.

Besides, the better man is going to win regardless...cocky or not:manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
They are about to fight...he should be overly confident imo

I wish I would concede that another man just may put hands on me, just to sound PC for people who AREN'T fighting.

Imo, a warrior should be supremely confident on the outside & never let people know/feel he has any doubt in his head going into the matchup.

Besides, the better man is going to win regardless...cocky or not:manny:
there's a difference between the "I'm gonna knock him out and become a champion" and the "my opponent ain't shyt, he's gonna be a walk in a park, not even a challenge". :yeshrug:
First is what I call confidence second I call being too cocky, especially if you haven't got achievements yet to back it up. It's okay if someone jut talks trash trying to sell a fight but I warn him from taking challenges like this lightly.
If you say this is only the talk then I guess it's alright but if he means it this will backfire at him at some point and I don't know if he means it or not cause idk if he would really try to sell this niche fight with trash talk... :what:

Whatever... I kinda like his fighting though, on the next week this will be the fight I will be the most excited about not GGG vs Brook. Chocolatito vs Cuadras s the most intriguing on paper I guess but I don't follow that division already, I only follow from 122 up.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
there's a difference between the "I'm gonna knock him out and become a champion" and the "my opponent ain't shyt, he's gonna be a walk in a park, not even a challenge". :yeshrug:
First is what I call confidence second I call being too cocky, especially if you haven't got achievements yet to back it up. It's okay if someone jut talks trash trying to sell a fight but I warn him from taking challenges like this lightly.
If you say this is only the talk then I guess it's alright but if he means it this will backfire at him at some point and I don't know if he means it or not cause idk if he would really try to sell this niche fight with trash talk... :what:

Whatever... I kinda like his fighting though, on the next week this will be the fight I will be the most excited about not GGG vs Brook. Chocolatito vs Cuadras s the most intriguing on paper I guess but I don't follow that division already, I only follow down to 122

Cocky Boxers win Championships & run the sport. That's how it is & always will be because usually they are supremely confident due to their talent level...which leads to them being cocky or arrogant:manny:

When's the last time that a cocky Boxer lost against a humble opponent?

Fury > Klitschko
Thurman > Porter
Crawford > Postol
Stevenson > Williams
Easter > Mendez
Etc

If we fighting, I'm taking the attitude that you can't fukk with me all the way through training camp & until the final bell. I'm supposed to feel, act, & train like you INSULTED me by even AGREEING to fight me, to feel disrespected by the fact you think you actually have a chance at beating me & grabbing the win.

Mt. Rushmore of Boxing: SRR, SRL, Ali, Money Mayweather...all were cocky.

Jordan was cocky, Jerry Rice was cocky, Gretzky was cocky, Bonds was cocky:yeshrug:

Supreme confidence in your talents = cocky to others. I think every professional at the top of their sport is cocky/arrogant...and rightfully so.

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Cocky Boxers win Championships & run the sport. That's how it is & always will be because usually they are supremely confident due to their talent level...which leads to them being cocky or arrogant:manny:

When's the last time that a cocky Boxer lost against a humble opponent?

Fury > Klitschko
Thurman > Porter
Crawford > Postol
Stevenson > Williams
Easter > Mendez
Etc

If we fighting, I'm taking the attitude that you can't fukk with me all the way through training camp & until the final bell. I'm supposed to feel, act, & train like you INSULTED me by even AGREEING to fight me, to feel disrespected by the fact you think you actually have a chance at beating me & grabbing the win.

Mt. Rushmore of Boxing: SRR, SRL, Ali, Money Mayweather...all were cocky.

Jordan was cocky, Jerry Rice was cocky, Gretzky was cocky, Bonds was cocky:yeshrug:

Supreme confidence in your talents = cocky to others. I think every professional at the top of their sport is cocky/arrogant...and rightfully so.

agree on some pont

I know that many top boxers were cocky, but that's why I said that I have problem with it especially when there are no achievements behind it yet

I don't know basketball that much so idk about that

I don't view cockiness as some felony, just I warn him that doN't get over the top with it, that's all. Prepare for your opponent well even if you think you are a grade A talent. Floyd did all the talk but otherwise he always prepared well to his opponents for example. Let's hope Easter shares this mentality and these interviews don't mean that he doesn't even prepare to his opponents. :ld:

btw there were many top boxers too who weren't cocky but still were top names. but overall I see your point

ps: You think Crawford is cocky? :ehh: He is a laid back, quiet guy as far as I concern

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ruiz is talented as fukk...he just needs to get his weight in order...Hughie fury doesn't have it at all.
What surprises me always how fukking fast are his hand compare to his weight :ohhh:
I will be really surprised if they pull this though

Thought Warren views the younger Fury as a long term investment and he wants to protect him until they can get him to a title fight. and now they throw him in with Ruiz? :jbhmm:
They trust so much in Hughie's height and reach advantage? :what: I would bet o Ruiz rn. 60-40

Either they see something in Ruiz or Hughie which leads them to think that this will be Fury W or just I'm too cynical and they really just want to test their young prospect against a credible opponents. But honestly how often the later happens in British boxing?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
What surprises me always how fukking fast are his hand compare to his weight :ohhh:
I will be really surprised if they pull this though

Thought Warren views the younger Fury as a long term investment and he wants to protect him until they can get him to a title fight. and now they throw him in with Ruiz? :jbhmm:
They trust so much in Hughie's height and reach advantage? :what: I would bet o Ruiz rn. 60-40

Either they see something in Ruiz or Hughie which leads them to think that this will be Fury W or just I'm too cynical and they really just want to test their young prospect against a credible opponents. But honestly how often the later happens in British boxing?

i see hughie getting boxed up for real....he's just not good to me..but if he can actually beat ruiz legit without bullshyt ill be impressed

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It needs to marinate

for what? he has no big fights on the immediate horizon :heh:..that fool has been inactive for 9 months..no mention of injuries or personal problems..im beginning to think its not even haymon behind this shyt...i think danny and his pops are on some bullshyt behind the scenes

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
for what? he has no big fights on the immediate horizon :heh:..that fool has been inactive for 9 months..no mention of injuries or personal problems..im beginning to think its not even haymon behind this shyt...i think danny and his pops are on some bullshyt behind the scenes
Nah shawn just fought recently we need a tuneup danny just fought paulie a future hall of famer let a nikka recover

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah shawn just fought recently we need a tuneup danny just fought paulie a future hall of famer let a nikka recover
recovered from what? he hasn't had a hard fight since peterson..and who is a future hall of a famer.? :huh:.nikka paulie is no hall of famer :heh:..and he fought guerrero last...he fought a shell shocked paulie coming off a 16 month layoff from getting the shyt beaten out of him by porter and a guerrero who previously who was nearly ko'ed and got a gift from a nikka with a 4 career ko's..and has the nerve to be inactive..nah he needs a live body

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
recovered from what? he hasn't had a hard fight since peterson..and who is a future hall of a famer.? :huh:.nikka paulie is no hall of famer :heh:..and he fought guerrero last...he fought a shell shocked paulie coming off a 16 month layoff from getting the shyt beaten out of him by porter and a guerrero who previously who was nearly ko'ed and got a gift from a nikka with a 4 career ko's..and has the nerve to be inactive..nah he needs a live body

:dead: