Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Breh despite it having real quotes n shyt that articles from boxingnews24.com aka the worst place to talk boxing or read about boxing on the internet.

You hear of great fighters saying that making the leap from a weightclass takes a solid year for your body to adjust. Brooks been fighting at 147 for many years I'm sure his muscle memory is tuned to his body weighting about 147 lol. Dude will feel like he's throwing punches underwater after a few rounds.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
HBO analyst Max Kellerman was shaking his head over Pacquiao's selection of Vargas, who is 27-1 with 10 knockouts. Kellerman believes Pacquiao is only fighting for the money at this point, and bases that opinion on the obvious rejection of an easy to make fight against WBO/WBC junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford (29-0, 20KOs), who Kellerman views as a much tougher opponent and a bigger money fight for pay-per-view.

“Terence Crawford is one of the best fighters in boxing and he's sitting right there waiting for a fight with Pacquiao. He’s a very dangerous fight. That's a 50-50 type of fight. I think most boxing insiders might even favor Crawford in that one. And that's a bigger money fight than a fight against Jessie Vargas.

Vargas is a harder sell than Crawford. So if you’re coming back, and you’d rather fight the guy that’s harder to sell for the money for a pay-per-view fight than a guy that is easier to fight - what does that mean? It means you’re just doing it for money and you’re avoiding the bigger risk at this point,"
Kellerman said on ESPN's First Take.

"Vargas is a good dude, he's a broadcaster too. He's sometimes works for HBO and he's a real, genuine good dude. We had a fighter recently in the fighter meetings who said that he used to have nothing and how Jessie Vargas used to give him shoes, and the fighter's wife was there and started to cry because of how good of a dude Jessie Vargas is." "He's a good, solid fighter. He’s not bad, and he's not a big puncher, and he's the kind of guy where if he beats Pacquiao, that means Pacquiao is washed as a top level fighter. So the fact that Pacquiao chooses to fight Vargas instead of Crawford, it can only say one thing at this point - which is he’s just fighting for the money. He’s fighting for kind of a money grab while avoiding the bigger money against the more dangerous opponent. It doesn’t say good things about where he is at the moment."

"Vargas is not a puncher. He was able to hurt Timothy Bradley and scored a knockout in his last fight. You see the 10 knockouts and he's just not a puncher in either of the weight classes where he's campaigned. Terence Crawford is not only a superior boxer but he can also bang if you come right at him."
- See more at: Kellerman: Pacquiao Doing a Money Grab, Crawford Was The Pick - Boxing News

I see HBO is about to move on from Quackiao:sas1:

Basically said he ducked Crawford:sas2:

lol .

even Kellerman saying it and he said pac was better than Floyd after he 10-2'd that fukka.:martin:

but we the biased dikk riders tho for calling out quack. lol:rudy:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I think Lamont is a good fighter at 140, but I think the only elite fighters at 140 were Swift, AB, and Crawford.

They are all A fighters to me at 140. I couldn't put Peterson, Matthysse, or Provodnikov in their category..they are right below.:manny:

Group A: Swift, AB, Crawford :whew:

Group B: Peterson, Matthysse, Postol:obama:

Group C: Everyone else with a "name" (Prov, Allahkerdiev, Molina Jr, etc):ehh:

Group D: Amir Imam and 'nem:heh:

AMIR IMAM. i ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THAT nikka B.

TAKE A MEXICAN LIGHT AND GET YA ASS WHOOPED BRUHS

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
You know I like Ward @Newzz but this pic is smiley worthy :mjlol: It's almost as good as the Porter smiley bro.

@3Rivers work your magic on this one fam!!!
fLx2SLS.png
dix5pVk.png

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
HBO analyst Max Kellerman was shaking his head over Pacquiao's selection of Vargas, who is 27-1 with 10 knockouts. Kellerman believes Pacquiao is only fighting for the money at this point, and bases that opinion on the obvious rejection of an easy to make fight against WBO/WBC junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford (29-0, 20KOs), who Kellerman views as a much tougher opponent and a bigger money fight for pay-per-view.

“Terence Crawford is one of the best fighters in boxing and he's sitting right there waiting for a fight with Pacquiao. He’s a very dangerous fight. That's a 50-50 type of fight. I think most boxing insiders might even favor Crawford in that one. And that's a bigger money fight than a fight against Jessie Vargas.

Vargas is a harder sell than Crawford. So if you’re coming back, and you’d rather fight the guy that’s harder to sell for the money for a pay-per-view fight than a guy that is easier to fight - what does that mean? It means you’re just doing it for money and you’re avoiding the bigger risk at this point,"
Kellerman said on ESPN's First Take.

"Vargas is a good dude, he's a broadcaster too. He's sometimes works for HBO and he's a real, genuine good dude. We had a fighter recently in the fighter meetings who said that he used to have nothing and how Jessie Vargas used to give him shoes, and the fighter's wife was there and started to cry because of how good of a dude Jessie Vargas is." "He's a good, solid fighter. He’s not bad, and he's not a big puncher, and he's the kind of guy where if he beats Pacquiao, that means Pacquiao is washed as a top level fighter. So the fact that Pacquiao chooses to fight Vargas instead of Crawford, it can only say one thing at this point - which is he’s just fighting for the money. He’s fighting for kind of a money grab while avoiding the bigger money against the more dangerous opponent. It doesn’t say good things about where he is at the moment."

"Vargas is not a puncher. He was able to hurt Timothy Bradley and scored a knockout in his last fight. You see the 10 knockouts and he's just not a puncher in either of the weight classes where he's campaigned. Terence Crawford is not only a superior boxer but he can also bang if you come right at him."
- See more at: Kellerman: Pacquiao Doing a Money Grab, Crawford Was The Pick - Boxing News

I see HBO is about to move on from Quackiao:sas1:

Basically said he ducked Crawford:sas2:

Bring Quackman to Showtime more options for him anyway

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This nygga John David Jackson out here committing treason. Tired of this bytch ass nygga passing his teachings on to everyone else.

I'm going to travel to Florida. There's gonna be 10 of us. We are gonna just go to a random video of him training. I'm gonna be like "do you see him with a black fighter in the video?" "Nah that looks like a european. What about the fighter over there? Nah he's from Russia, well maybe that fighter in the corner..." *BAM* Give that nygga that Sam Snead treatment.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
This nygga John David Jackson out here committing treason. Tired of this bytch ass nygga passing his teachings on to everyone else.

I'm going to travel to Florida. There's gonna be 10 of us. We are gonna just go to a random video of him training. I'm gonna be like "do you see him with a black fighter in the video?" "Nah that looks like a european. What about the fighter over there? Nah he's from Russia, well maybe that fighter in the corner..." *BAM* Give that nygga that Sam Snead treatment.

all the guys wiki say hes trained

• Dyah Davis (Son of 1976 Olympic gold medalist Howard Davis Jr.)
plus Bryant jennings

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all the guys wiki say hes trained

• Dyah Davis (Son of 1976 Olympic gold medalist Howard Davis Jr.)
plus Bryant jennings

Russian Love
John David Jackson: With Russians with Love

“Americans are more talented; black American fighters are more talented - but they’re lazy.”
According to Jackson, who, by the way is African-American, “They want that big signing bonus. They want that car. They want all this but they don’t want to work for it.”

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Russian Love
John David Jackson: With Russians with Love

“Americans are more talented; black American fighters are more talented - but they’re lazy.”
According to Jackson, who, by the way is African-American, “They want that big signing bonus. They want that car. They want all this but they don’t want to work for it.”
Heavy on the "black people are just lazy and don't wanna work hard for anything" pulse :mjpls:

3567098,width%3D178,height%3D178.png