Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
*adds Jermall Charlo's name to the list*

"It's about fighting the best. [Alvarez] doesn't want to move up, but he says he's not a 54-pounder. So what is he? If he's not a 54-pound and he's not a 60-pounder, what is he? If he's a 55-pounder, we'll fight him at 55. We'll fight him at Caneloweight"

when did canelo say he's not a 154 pounder?:jbhmm:.....shields still bitter over that lara defeat:pachaha:....maybe he shouldn't have allowed him to run like a bytch. if charlo fights like he did saturday, canelo KO's him. dude was getting shaken up from trout straight lefts. imagine when he receives a canelo right hand:huhldup:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
when did canelo say he's not a 154 pounder?:jbhmm:.....shields still bitter over that lara defeat:pachaha:....maybe he shouldn't have allowed him to run like a bytch. if charlo fights like he did saturday, canelo KO's him. dude was getting shaken up from trout straight lefts. imagine when he receives a canelo right hand:huhldup:

I'd love to see them mix it up though. Canelo has a ton of options, so he can definitely put his resume on "untouchable" status over the next 2-3 years:obama:

Forget about GGG, stick to the 155 mantra (154 for Championships), and give us legendary fights:ohlawd:

Don't forget, even some of the bigger Welterweights are gonna have to move up to 154 eventually as well (Spence, Kell Brook, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, etc)....so if Canelo can stay around 154-155 it would make for some exciting matchups:blessed:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I'd love to see them mix it up though. Canelo has a ton of options, so he can definitely put his resume on "untouchable" status over the next 2-3 years:obama:

Forget about GGG, stick to the 155 mantra (154 for Championships), and give us legendary fights:ohlawd:

Don't forget, even some of the bigger Welterweights are gonna have to move up to 154 eventually as well (Spence, Kell Brook, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, etc)....so if Canelo can stay around 154-155 it would make for some exciting matchups:blessed:
I been said this:dame:....even without little g, canelo has no shortage of matchups at junior welter. this dude can eat for YEARS off the 154 lb division. and against guys with real talent who can actually beat him. if he stays at 154/55 and fights all these guys nobody can say he took the easy road.:yeshrug:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I been said this:dame:....even without little g, canelo has no shortage of matchups at junior welter. this dude can eat for YEARS off the 154 lb division. and against guys with real talent who can actually beat him. if he stays at 154/55 and fights all these guys nobody can say he took the easy road.:yeshrug:

He's talking about moving up to the full 160 limit (at least that's what was said about the GGG vs Canelo negotiations....he wanted at least 2 fights at the full limit before GGG). Me, I think he should leave Middleweight alone, because yes, he can beat most of em, but better matchups are at 154 for us fans to watch

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
They are getting cozy w the big advertising firms in nyc so they're sending out stuff to various reps. We've had better hook ups from K2 and top rank to be honest.

I got some cool promotional stuff from Mayweather/Canelo too somewhere in the basement.
If you dont mind me asking, is that what you do? Advertising /pr?

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
hes not 154, hasnt been in years.. he fights at 155 cuz hes shook to go to 160 and face men his own size, this is why the boxers clown him.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
hes not 154, hasnt been in years.. he fights at 155 cuz hes shook to go to 160 and face men his own size, this is why the boxers clown him.
we've already been through this. Canelo already said if he's not fighting for the title he lost to Floyd then he's coming in at 155. you are allowed to fight at +1 in any non title fight and have it still considered within the division. it's in the rule book. all them dudes at 154 are naturally bigger than him. outside of little g, theres MUCH better competition at 154 than 160. it's not even close.