Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
122,272
Reputation
11,959
Daps
253,825
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
tumblr_inline_mntpxaTRvo1qz4rgp.gif
this is like the perfect smiley for this....i just finished talking with someone on my team at work and looked at my monitor and bam get hit with this lol
 

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Joined
May 16, 2012
Messages
46,184
Reputation
4,943
Daps
120,894
Reppin
Behind You
LOS ANGELES (Feb. 2, 2016) – WBC, Ring Magazine and Lineal Middleweight World Champion Canelo Alvarez (46-1-1, 32 KOs) will make his first title defense of 2016 against former two-time world champion and resurgent contender Amir “King” Khan (31-3, 19 KOs) on May 7, Cinco De Mayo weekend, in a match-up of two of the biggest stars in boxing. The event will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View®.

Golden Boy Promotions will exclusively promote the fight, with Khan returning to his former home at Golden Boy Promotions for the showdown. The mega-fight promises high-intensity action between two of boxing’s most popular and powerful fighters competing in the primes of their careers. Information regarding, the venue, ticket availability and a press tour for the fight will be announced in the coming weeks.

“As the middleweight champion of the world, I will take on the best fighters in the sport and on Cinco De Mayo weekend, I look forward to making the first defense of my titles,” said Canelo Alvarez. “Amir was a decorated amateur, a two-time world champion and is in the prime of his career. Fans are in for a great fight on May 7.”

“I know Canelo fights the best and wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to face me like others have,” said Amir Khan. “My goal is to always fight the biggest names and the best fighters that is why I’m excited for this fight. Also, I would like to thank my team and Golden Boy Promotions for this opportunity. I know I have the speed and ability to beat him and will give my fans what they deserve on May 7.”

“We are committed to putting on the biggest and best fights in boxing,” said Golden Boy Promotions Chairman and CEO, Oscar De La Hoya. “Canelo is the biggest star in the sport and as he demonstrated against James Kirkland and Miguel Cotto last year, he is only getting better. Those who predicted that he would take an easy fight for his first defense have been proven wrong once again. As for Amir, he has won his last five fights including an incredible performance against Devon Alexander, and now that he is back where he belongs at Golden Boy Promotions, his future is very bright, once again.”
 

1986

♤♡♢♧
Joined
May 5, 2012
Messages
2,823
Reputation
490
Daps
7,102
Reppin
the real hiphop.
Khan cashing out after years of begging for handouts... Can't hate on him for that

This fight is pointless though... they're just trying to build Canelo against a recognizable name who poses no big threat. Khan getting stopped before round 8.
 

King P

Legends Never Die
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
15,618
Reputation
3,444
Daps
48,925
Reppin
Views From The X
im still :skip: over this shyt

khan going for the middleweight championship of the world means no fight with garcia..which pretty much means winner of peterson-berto would be for the mandatory for swift
Pretty sure he can still go for the 147 title after he loses to Canelo. He's not losing his spot

Unless he wins :troll:
 

aceboon

Veteran
Joined
May 1, 2012
Messages
36,366
Reputation
4,261
Daps
119,990
Reppin
NULL
When I seen this Khan/Canelo fight tweeted from Mannix account I thought I was following a troll account by accident, mind blowing...
 
Top