Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So since getting knifed up Kell has fought
No No Can
Frankie Gavin
(apparently called out but talks disappeared) BATB, Rios
and will apparently be looking to fight Chaves now :patrice:
@ChocolateGiddyUp your breh needs more soft touches than @Tuaminator

Thats they fault for fukkin with Bob

Try to make a fight with TR N it takes 3 months of your time N still no fight :shaq2:

Chaves was OK opp for P4P Bradley he should be OK for Kell :manny:

Chaves sucks tho ...Kell needs to step up the opp N beating Chaves won't make him a name in the USA....A nikka like Ghost would be perfect for him

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Thats they fault for fukkin with Bob

Try to make a fight with TR N it takes 3 months of your time N still no fight :shaq2:

Chaves was OK opp for P4P Bradley he should be OK for Kell :manny:

Chaves sucks tho ...Kell needs to step up the opp N beating Chaves won't make him a name in the USA....A nikka like Ghost would be perfect for him
Nah Ghost is fodder at 147 breh. Is matchroom working with TR PBC and GB or just tr/gb? That'd explain a lot

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nah Ghost is fodder at 147 breh. Is matchroom working with TR PBC and GB or just tr/gb? That'd explain a lot

Ghost is a name/draw for Kell to grow his brand in the USA

Y'all can say Ghost is washed etc...He still did 1 Milly on a Saturday afternoon N theres still alot of people/casuals who think he is good cuz he fought Floyd, won all them fake belts etc....

Hearn been fukkin with PBC N has fighters that are signed with AL

As far as I know hell work with anyone

Triangularbirds

All Star
Daps
These nikkas ALWAYS talking about SOG...then GGG stans wonder why #SOGGang is always going in on them:snoop:
Exclusive picture of GGG thinking about a SOG fight :sas2:
baby-paddling.jpg

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/daily-bread-mailbag-pacquiaos-shoulder-ward-kovalev--94867

Breadman on biggest fights that Floyd missed:

The fights that stand out to me are Tszyu in 2004 and Cotto around 2007-08. Tszyu looked great in his rematch vs Sharmba Mitchell and Floyd fought Demarcus Corley to get his feet wet at 140 around the same time. Tszyu was a straight murderous puncher, with a savvy way about him. Tszyu was never “outboxed”. I’m not picking against Floyd but that’s a fight I want to see with my own eyes.

I think you speak of Cotto of 2004, he was green back then. I’m talking about the one that beat Judah and Mosley in 2007. That Cotto didn’t know what it was like to lose. He had hit his peak and that was the best Cotto.

Man that Margarito fight was the one, from an excitement stand point. He threw 1000 punches a fight and couldn’t be hurt. His style was simplistic but savage. Yup that patented Mayweather jab to that long torso would have been a big key in keeping that savage off of him.

On Pacquiao being healed by swimming in the sea:

I don’t play around with God. If the man thinks God healed him who am I to argue…

Personally I think Pacquiao had a reoccurring injury that was aggravated in camp. I know people who were in his camp and I don’t believe he stopped sparring for no reason. I think they tried to get the shot to numb him but his team made a blunder and didn’t go about it the correct way. However, I don’t think it had a bearing on the fight. Pacquiao was a little bit lazy and did not have the legs to go get Floyd. His feet weren’t active and that had nothing to do with his shoulder. Pacquiao is an old, high energy fighter and I personally have never seen one have a great performance against a great fighter after 35. I didn’t expect one from Pacquiao May 2nd.

I think overall fighters make excuses for lackluster performances. Sometimes the excuses are true, sometimes they aren’t. I think this is getting blown out of proportions. All in all Manny shouldn’t have said anything and he definitely should not have shown up to the post fight press conference with a sling on his arm. Oh well, another poor PR move by Team Pacquiao.

On where Floyd ranks on his all-time list, a few more fights that Floyd missed, and how Floyd is currently viewed by the masses:

I have Floyd in the exact range that you do. Top 20-30 and it’s really nothing wrong with that if you keep everything in perspective. On paper his supporters have great support. He has lots of excellent 2nd tier victories, in which all long careers have.

He also has his share of top tier heads he has scalped. I usually don’t agree with everything someone says but I actually agree with about 99% of what you said. My slight disagreement is the “misses”.

Antonio Margarito, Paul Williams and Kostya Tszyu are not his only misses. Fighting both Pacquiao and Cotto AFTER they were brutally knocked out is something that is relevant in accessing him. Fighting Pacquiao in 2015, is not the same as fighting Pacquiao in 2009 or 2010. Fighting Cotto in 2012 is not the same as fighting Cotto in 2008. Missing Stevie Johnston at 135 is also something that needs to be looked at.

Johnston performed equally to Floyd in contrast fights with Jose Luis Castillo. Instead of getting a shot at Floyd he had to fight another eliminator and lost and the rest is history. And Floyd not unifying against two undefeated titlist in his division in Joel Casamayor and Acelino Freitas hurts him slightly.

I don’t believe all of these misses are his fault. Especially Freitas and Casamayor because they fought on Showtime. But it’s too many in total to assume he can’t take the blame for any of them. When something happens this often it’s not a coincidence. No fighter can fight everybody the public wants him to fight. But there were about 8 fights that happened years too late or never happened at all and that’s a lot for an all time great. I know some disagree with me but I believe Floyd is an all time great fighter. He’s one of the 3 or 4 best junior light weights ever. He’s one of the 10-15 welterweights ever. Head to head he rates with the top 10 at 135 and 140. And he’s the best fighter since Roy Jones’s prime.

The enigma is…..I understand that other colorful, popular fighters have had advantages in their careers. But those fighters also put themselves “up against it willingly” and that’s not something Floyd has ever done. And history slightly holds his mentality against him.

You’re also right again. If Floyd would have just turned into a killer against a few of his opponents once he reached the point where he was averaging 1 million PPV buys/bout, then history would view him differently. It’s another enigma but it’s true. For example in the Pacquiao fight, even his father was pleading for him to be more violent with Manny. But Floyd wants to secure the win….. I think he picked Berto so he can show the world this side. I expect him to be a savage vs Andre Berto.

On how good James Toney was and where he ranks all-time:

James Toney is actually historically underrated. I once saw a list of the top 80 fighters of the last 80 years and Toney was not on it. He was inconsistent at times but boy was he special. The second half of the 90s he really struggled but he turned into a monster in the early 2000s. Toney rates really high head to head. I think he holds his own on his best night with any man from 160-200lbs. And That’s saying something brother. But he was his own worst enemy. The Dave Tiberi fight. The Montell Griffin and Drake Thadzi losses. The Roy Jones egg laying…Toney had a little Sandy Saddler in him. Another inconsistent all timer but Saddler brought it in title fights. Toney laid eggs wherever he felt like it. All in all the night he beat Nunn was my 1st time seeing Toney.

I knew Nunn well and I knew how difficult he was. Toney was patient, accurate and a man’s man that night. Toney pressured Nunn and counterpunched him at the same time. And history may have you think he landed a lucky punch. But that’s not true. He was clipping Nunn all night with counters.

Toney is the most confident fighter I have ever seen. He’s the most relaxed fighter I have ever seen. He’s top 5 inside fighters I have seen in my lifetime. He’s top 10 counter punchers I have seen in my lifetime. He has a top 5 chin I have seen in my lifetime. And he’s top late round punchers I have seen in my lifetime. Great fighter.

On Andre Ward skill level and when he knew SOG was a special fighter:

Man I am a big Ward fan also. I didn’t realize how good Ward was until he beat Chad Dawson. I appreciated him but the Dawson fight let me know he has all time great potential. Ward is heavily reliant on his LEFT hand. Which does not always translate to dominant performances against southpaws. But Ward “adjusted” and started hitting Dawson with a hybrid hook and tore him to pieces. Before then I knew he was real. After Dawson I knew he was special.

No fighter is unbeatable. God did not create a man that can’t be beat. It’s just harder to beat some than others. I would favor Ward over both Krusher and Good Boy but he has to beat them in the ring. Fights are not won on odds making and paper.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Lundy Questions Crawford's Chin, Says Herrera a Drunk

Posted by: Victor Salazar on 8/20/2015 .

By Victor Salazar

Prudential Center, Newark, NJ - Never one to hold back, Hank Lundy (25-5-1, 12 KO’s) was in attendance in Newark to support his fellow Philly fighter Steve Cunningham. Last time out he lost a decision to Mauricio Herrera on HBO. Herrera suffered cuts on both his eyes for accidental head butts forcing the fight to go to the cards where Herrera was named the victor. Lundy lashed out on Herrera.

“I go into anybody’s backyard and put on a show,” Lundy told BoxingScene.com “I won the fight. Golden Boy and Herrera, they running from me. Herrera was going to get knocked out. He looked good against everyone else but he looked old against me. He looked like a drunk you know because he likes to drink.”

Lundy says HBO wants him back but the problem is finding him someone willing to get in the ring with him.

“HBO says we love Hank Lundy and we’ll be back,” stated Lundy. “I’m a real fighter and ready to get in there with anyone. You can give me Terence Crawford. You can give me Mauricio Herrera again and Thomas Dulorme too. They all gone run from me. Any guy going to run from me”

Lundy took exception to Crawford’s October 24th opponent in Diery Jean.

“Me and Diery (Jean) was supposed to fight on the Kovalev-Pascal card but they ducked me,” said the Philly boxer. “I still want to whoop that ass. I think Terence going to win that fight. But Terence stop running from me. At the end of the day he says I didn’t win this fight and that fight. You see for yourself. Dulorme and Herrera, they ran from me. HBO Latino had Lundy winning.”

Lundy believes Crawford is running from a showdown between the two.

“He’s knows I’m going to touch his chin,” explained Lundy. “He let little jr. lightweight (Yuriorkis) Gamboa hurt him. What would happen when you get a full-fledged jr. welterweight hit you? I can punch and I switch to southpaw and fast with either hands, so what would happen? They know. Cameron Dunkin is his manager. They’re not going to fight a fighter like me. I mess up their money and that’s why they don’t fight me.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/lundy-questions-crawfords-chin-says-herrera-drunk--94865

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
http://www.boxingscene.com/daily-bread-mailbag-pacquiaos-shoulder-ward-kovalev--94867

On where Floyd ranks on his all-time list, a few more fights that Floyd missed, and how Floyd is currently viewed by the masses:

I still don't understand why that Stevie/Floyd fight never happened back then. Seemed like such a natural fight with them both having belts and all that HBO would have been pushing for it.

And I truly believe that Pacquiao truly believes that God and sea water healed him. My mom's church is full every Sunday morning with people who give testimonials of how their aches and pains have been wiped away by their faith in Jesus knowing damn well that they still have a nagging injury but are just not feeling that bad on that day.
And if James Toney's focus and conditioning matched his skill he would be universally recognized as an all-time great.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I still don't understand why that Stevie/Floyd fight never happened back then. Seemed like such a natural fight with them both having belts and all that HBO would have been pushing for it.

I feel the same and only Floyd stans act like the fight was unmakeable. I damn near spent 2 pages a couple weeks ago breaking down and detailing all the black fighters (who were ranked in the RING Top 10 and held Championships) who were in the same division as Floyd at the same time he was fighting there, but he never fought them. All I got was a bunch of weak responses back, but I expect that from Floyd stans.

And I truly believe that Pacquiao truly believes that God and sea water healed him. My mom's church is full every Sunday morning with people who give testimonials of how their aches and pains have been wiped away by their faith in Jesus knowing damn well that they still have a nagging injury but are just not feeling that bad on that day.

True:heh:

And if James Toney's focus and conditioning matched his skill he would be universally recognized as an all-time great.

:obama:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:patrice: Idk I feel like Chavez will give Brook a run for his money tho

His struggle boxing give everybody fits

I still have yet to see Diego Chaves win a fight on my TV screen. Until then, I will always pick against him:russ:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

He is spot on with James Toney...he's an ATG but he could have been greater

With Ward...i thought he wouldn't amount to much in the pros because pre super 6 he wasn't impressing me too much...the Kessler fight was where he proved me wrong and subsequent performances after

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
To also add from breads article...if only a floyd vs tszyu fight had materialized..but I dont put that on floyd....who knew Hatton's mauling ass would do what he did to win that fight and fukk Up plans :beli:....fukk Ricky Hatton
And fukk referee Dave Parris and the filthy whore that birthed him for allowing Hatton to maul Kostya like this was some shytty Toughman fight and not a boxing match.
One of the worst ref's ever.:wtb: