Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Whats this im hearing about beatings trying to take a beating from Provo next?
Canelo has yet to do over 350k

Cotto v Sergio barely did 300k (less if you believe Dibella Not Bob)

The Mexican Hero vs Martinez did 475k

GGG goin do 500k with a nikka who last fought on Fox Sports 7:dead:
:heh: @ Fox Sports 7...

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why lie about the broner train shyt?

Relax man...it's the coli. Gotta have some laughs in here every now & then.

All I know is Uncle Al has been a little annoyed with Broner. I don't know more than that.

The matchmaking is just hilarious.

It's isn't like Broner can't win this fight, but the reality of it is it's just a terrible match up for him. Prov isn't that great either, but he brings high level pressure to the table. Broner just freezes up. He's not sure what to. He's not comfortable throwing punches when he is out of his comfort zone. I suggested some time back that Broner be fed some d level pressure fighters to work on his craft, because if he wants the type of success he's looking for, he has to beat those type of guys (pressure guys). Prov is definitely better than d level. He's on a similar tier as Broner, which is fair to say B-/C+ type that can give anyone hell.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dont get me wrong this is a boxing fans wet dream of a fight :wow: I'll be one of the 80-120k that order this fight :feedme: HBO just wants to see just how popular GGG is and see what he can pull for his first PPV

HBO wants to get back to putting fights on PPV again just in general. I won't be surprise if we see some more reaches in 2016.

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
porters sloppyass god awful to watch style was able to beat broner :scust: he's like the black chavez jr :mjlol: we all want him to win, to change his ways, change his style and take boxing seriously but always lets us down :dead:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
porters sloppyass god awful to watch style was able to beat broner :scust: he's like the black chavez jr :mjlol: we all want him to win, to change his ways, change his style and take boxing seriously but always lets us down :dead:

I think Broner takes boxing serious enough.

He does not do well with pressure & people have to understand that. It's more than "he just doesn't take boxing seriously." This fight will never happen because Broner is close with Cunningham, but you put Broner in there with a guy like Devon Alexander, who is better than Prov. It's basically a toss up, but I guarantee Broner would have a lot of good moments there because pressure isn't really Devon's game. You let a guy like Broner fight his fight & he'll do his thing.

However Devon does excellent against pressure fighters.

It's how the game is.

I can easily see Broner do well against quality boxers & turn around & lose to a tough beatable pressure fighter.