Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
i watched his fights. all his best work is done on the inside. even against maidana. i honestly dont remember anything about the porter fight. that was a joke.
I see what you mean, dude's best work does come when he's in countering position. However, if his opponent isn't getting off first, it's like AB isn't even trying.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Broner would have to throw more punches than the barely 26 a round he threw against Porter to beat Ruslan who tends to average throwing around 700+ punches a fight.
Otherwise it would be a night full of this for Broner:
sfnD0uP.gif

Ruslan cant deal with a mover...he's extremely limited in the same boat as John Molina Jr.

AB is gonna use the exact same gameplan he used on Molina to beat Prov if that fight comes off. Matthysse was even able to outbox him by slightly moving, and that says alot about what Ruslan Molina Jr brings to the table outside of power, because he doesnt believe in blocking shots with anything else but his face:wow:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@Newzz why doesnt broner stay in the pocket more? thats where hes most effective for me when hes rolling and countering.

i watched his fights. all his best work is done on the inside. even against maidana. i honestly dont remember anything about the porter fight. that was a joke.

Because he feels fighting like that is what caused Maidana to beat him:yeshrug:

Adrien Broner: Fighting for the crowd 'doesn't pay my bills' - Ring TV

“The last time I went in the ring and fought with my heart I lost,” Broner said during the post-fight press conference with an obvious reference to his Dec. 13 decision loss to Marcos Maidana. “I said I would never let that happen again. I’m going to use the talent that God gave me and I’m going to make this fight as easy as possible.”

And that’s exactly what Broner did as he stuck with a potent jab and movement to not allow Molina to turn the fight into the shootout that he wanted. As for the fans, Broner couldn’t care less.

“The crowd might boo me but at the end of the day, going out there to fight for them doesn’t pay my bills,” Broner continued. “I have to do what I have to do. I’m sorry I didn’t fight the fan-friendly fight that everyone wanted me to fight so he could hit me with his right hand. I just wasn’t having it tonight.”

But Broner did say that every fight won’t be like this one and it all comes down to crafting a game plan around his opponents moving forward. Mike Stafford affirmed to RingTV that he had to drill it into his pupil’s head that boxing effectively can make a lot of fights a lot easier.

“Tonight was the exact game plan I tried to get him to use against Maidana,” Stafford said. “I made him train like this and use his gifts.”

We would fight Prov the exact same way we did Molina if it came off:manny:

TheBeigeBomber

#Fukkery
Daps
Because he feels fighting like that is what caused Maidana to beat him:yeshrug:

We would fight Prov the exact same way we did Molina if it came off:manny:

you can still fight on the inside without fighting emotional. that left hook that dropped him the first time against maidana was not on the inside. dude fell for a feint from the outside against slow ass maidana :snoop: at least on the inside he can roll shots and feel what his opponent is doing.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ruslan cant deal with a mover...he's extremely limited in the same boat as John Molina Jr.

AB is gonna use the exact same gameplan he used on Molina to beat Prov if that fight comes off. Matthysse was even able to outbox him by slightly moving, and that says alot about what Ruslan Molina Jr brings to the table outside of power, because he doesnt believe in blocking shots with anything else but his face:wow:

Broner maybe able to move around some of ruslan's shots but he's def not gonna out strike him. That low punch out put that Broner tends to get into is gonna mess up his chances. He think his "accuracy" like big bro is what he needs to rely on sometimes he just needs to let them hands go and he refuses.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
you can still fight on the inside without fighting emotional. that left hook that dropped him the first time against maidana was not on the inside. dude fell for a feint from the outside against slow ass maidana :snoop: at least on the inside he can roll shots and feel what his opponent is doing.

He got dropped in the 8th round, a round he was winning, while he was on the inside as well.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Provodnikov should be easy af for Broner...face first defense plus ABs handspeed = trouble...Prov can be befuddled by the simpilest of jabs AND lets himself be clinched without resistance

Having said all that who tf knows with Broner...it could easily be another fight where we all are yelling throw fukking punches :francis:

Algieri used a lot of movement N threw almost 1000 punches to keep Prov off him...AB won't be doin none of that

Expect alot alot of clinches... More then the Porter fight...Provodnikov is too nice in the clinch

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Broner maybe able to move around some of ruslan's shots but he's def not gonna out strike him. That low punch out put that Broner tends to get into is gonna mess up his chances. He think his "accuracy" like big bro is what he needs to rely on sometimes he just needs to let them hands go and he refuses.

I agree. Cant say anything to dispute this at all:ehh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Provodnikov should be easy af for Broner...face first defense plus ABs handspeed = trouble...Prov can be befuddled by the simpilest of jabs AND lets himself be clinched without resistance

Having said all that who tf knows with Broner...it could easily be another fight where we all are yelling throw fukking punches :francis:

Algieri used a lot of movement N threw almost 1000 punches to keep Prov off him...AB won't be doin none of that

Expect alot alot of clinches... More then the Porter fight...Provodnikov is too nice in the clinch

I agree with your entire post. The bolded is always "The Problem", pun intended:francis:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Molina threw 200 punches that fight...Prov wont lay down like that at all...AB will actually have to work

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@ChocolateGiddyUp

Big Poppa Porter about to sick the dog on another Cat Burglar?:leon:

Kenny Porter vs Angel Garcia:banderas:

Shawn Porter & Danny Garcia aint gonna say shyt the entire build up if this happens...they always play the backseat:heh: They fathers are gonna be talking hella reckless though:russ:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly breh.

Wilder is the last USA Boxer to win a medal in the Olympics, is 33-0 with 32 wins via KO, is the WBC Heavyweight Champion of The World, is The RING ranked #2 Heavyweight, is black, marketable to the urban community, can talk trash with the best of em if he had too, has a great back story.....especially with his daughter, and he's fighting on NBC Sports Network?:dahell:

Not a primetime fight on NBC, but you throwing him on NBCSN?:what:

:mindblown:

Deontay Wilder should be a household name right now:snoop:

Haymon is doing a horrible job with him:wow:

somebody wasn't lying when they said haymon doesn't know how to build stars

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@ChocolateGiddyUp

Big Poppa Porter about to sick the dog on another Cat Burglar?:leon:

Kenny Porter vs Angel Garcia:banderas:

Shawn Porter & Danny Garcia aint gonna say shyt the entire build up if this happens...they always play the backseat:heh: They fathers are gonna be talking hella reckless though:russ:

Over 4 million views easily... The shyt talking would be epic :ohlawd:

Would Danny be the underdog?? The left hook gets a +10 rating boost when hes the Underdog :youngsabo:

I don't see it happening next/this year tho....I think its more likely they would each have another fight first....Porter to continue building his name off the AB win N Swift to continue his rise at 147...hopefully Floyd drops the fukking belts :mjcry:

I dnt wanna hear Poppa Porter speak on boxing scores when his ass thought they beat Special K :scust:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
shyt don king don't never say bad shyt bout al...maybe he can get him.

haymon n don linked up:lupe:..............whew too much bad publicly though :whew:
.............................................................................................................................................

126 is stacked....if rigo n frampton move up too.. we need a tourney asap.:damn:

:leon: