Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
As far as Jerz though I wanted breh to succeed not only because I knew him but because I know he would help the neighborhood out if/when he did. He helped it out a ton with the little he did win imagine if he was making millions, would have prob built a gym on Park ave for the little nikkas or a rec center or something for the kids :mjcry:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
As far as Jerz though I wanted breh to succeed not only because I knew him but because I know he would help the neighborhood out if/when he did. He helped it out a ton with the little he did win imagine if he was making millions, would have prob built a gym on Park ave for the little nikkas or a rec center or something for the kids :mjcry:

in ur early life did u ever try to go pro as a boxer?

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
in ur early life did u ever try to go pro as a boxer?

Nah breh I have sickle cell, I started boxing because everyone else around my way was. The gym owner didn't even want to let me work out the only reason he did was because one of the trainers nephews had it and he promised the dude he would take care of me.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Nah breh I have sickle cell, I started boxing because everyone else around my way was. The gym owner didn't even want to let me work out the only reason he did was because one of the trainers nephews had it and he promised the dude he would take care of me.

damn i didn't know that.:mjcry:

only asked cause u said something about sparring before and was asking my dumb ass :snoop:bout them gloves.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Nah I still work out and spar often I don't go as hard obviously but peep the krack thread in the gym that doesn't hold me back from making all these gains :birdman:

yeah i wanna start really being fit cause i don't give a fukk about my health enough .

ive heard guys say lifting ur body weight is better than lifting metal. idk tho...lol

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
yeah i wanna start really being fit cause i don't give a fukk about my health enough .

ive heard guys say lifting ur body weight is better than lifting metal. idk tho...lol

Depends on what you're goals are if you just want to look good and be healthy lifting + a bit of cardio. Lifting not being good for boxers is a myth they do a lot of body weight exercises but you are still lifting, you're just using your body. There are slow twitch muscle fibers(1) and fast twitch muscle fibers (2). Slow twitch muscles would be what marathon runners use and fast twitch are what sprinters use. Boxers need a combination of both some people call them 2a they need to be explosive for x amount of time. This is why you are seeing so many guys with strength and conditioning coaches now, those coaches help them be stronger and quicker for x amount of time. They figure this out using lactic acid build up test among other test and personally get each fighter to what they feel is their peak through lifting(exercises that make you more explosive deads/cleans/squats/box jumps/explosive push up variations) along with other cardio work and nutrition.

I've been learning all this stuff because my son's wrestling school comes with s & c training but he is too young for it so I've been doing it. Class is mostly college wrestlers, mma fighters, a couple of boxers and soccer players. I was doing regular bodybuilding shyt before this and got slow as fukk but after I started doing this I'm not where I want to be yet but Im almost as quick as when I first started boxing damn near a decade + ago.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Depends on what you're goals are if you just want to look good and be healthy lifting + a bit of cardio. Lifting not being good for boxers is a myth they do a lot of body weight exercises but you are still lifting, you're just using your body. There are slow twitch muscle fibers(1) and fast twitch muscle fibers (2). Slow twitch muscles would be what marathon runners use and fast twitch are what sprinters use. Boxers need a combination of both some people call them 2a they need to be explosive for x amount of time. This is why you are seeing so many guys with strength and conditioning coaches now, those coaches help them be stronger and quicker for x amount of time. They figure this out using lactic acid build up test among other test and personally get each fighter to what they feel is their peak through lifting(exercises that make you more explosive deads/cleans/squats/box jumps/explosive push up variations) along with other cardio work and nutrition.

I've been learning all this stuff because my son's wrestling school comes with s & c training but he is too young for it so I've been doing it. Class is mostly college wrestlers, mma fighters, a couple of boxers and soccer players. I was doing regular bodybuilding shyt before this and got slow as fukk but after I started doing this I'm not where I want to be yet but Im almost as quick as when I first started boxing damn near a decade + ago.

i hold the 5lb dum bells while punching....after i put them down my hands feel fast as fukk...dont know if its illusion or not.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
i hold the 5lb dum bells while punching....after i put them down my hands feel fast as fukk...dont know if its illusion or not.

:lolbron: that happens to everyone there's a difference between "feeling faster" and "being faster"......your hands feel faster in comparison because they no longer have the weights.......shadow boxing with weights help as long as you aren't substituting it for the amount of punches you throw a day. Like if you say you want to throw 1000 a day but then throw 500 with the weights i think you would just be better off throwing the 1000. Also 5lbs might be a bit much I've never seen anyone go over 3lbs maybe the other brehs would know more than me though :manny:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
:lolbron: that happens to everyone there's a difference between "feeling faster" and "being faster"......your hands feel faster in comparison because they no longer have the weights.......shadow boxing with weights help as long as you aren't substituting it for the amount of punches you throw a day. Like if you say you want to throw 1000 a day but then throw 500 with the weights i think you would just be better off throwing the 1000. Also 5lbs might be a bit much I've never seen anyone go over 3lbs maybe the other brehs would know more than me though :manny:

yeah u right . that was a spelling error.

damn i thought i was really faster:ohhh:....thanks for nothing krack:russ:

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA
do you know any pro boxers in real life?

you've never heard me say that chad and edwin are my favorite fighters to watch....they are not but i know them and i want them to succeed

its like krack knowing jerson ravelo, who also got beat by ward, because jerson was the first to teach him to fight
or ski knowing joan guzman
or al knowing zab judah
or lukie knowing karim mayfield

none of them stan those fighters but they want or wanted to see them do good because they knew them..stanning is what you were doing with floyd in that other thread and losing that argument with @Newzz :russ:
I know what you mean breh

That's also like me knowing Brandon Adams and Rico Ramos.

TheBeigeBomber

#Fukkery
Daps
my boxing gym is closed for a month for a summer holiday. so i went to spot my mate at a proper weightlifting gym yesterday. :scusthov:

what a terrible place. bunch of brolic men wearing short shorts and vests strolling around looking in the mirror. some guy tried to make a joke to me about how ive been skipping leg day :comeon: i told him look at me im 140lbs saoking wet ive missed every day :comeon:

i didnt just spot tho i thought i might as well work out since im there. :scust: my mate was doing chest and tris. now the enxt day i cant even shadowbox cus i cant move my arms or chest :aicmon:

the only good thing about the whole experience was watching some fine girls squat with tight yoga pants on. we dont get any girls like that in my gym.

overall i would rate the experience 2/10. would not go in one of them places again. there wasnt even one punchbag in the place either.

@krackdagawd