Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I consider "The Man" whoever the #1 RING Boxer is when the RING Champion is vacant...which it was when AB fought DeMarco:yeshrug:

Regardless, at the end of the day, AB is far from an "under achiever"...which was my initial point. He was never a highly heralded amateur, never a Golden Gloves winner, never an Olympian....but yet he managed to take his talents and win 3 Championships with it.

I know yall love to hate on AB, but let's not act like he was hyped up upon debut like Lubin/Spence//Verdejo/Gamboa....hell he wasnt even on Rau'Shee Warren's, Mickey Bey's, or Shawn Porter's level as far as hype goes when he turned professional breh. The hype train REALLY didnt get started until he beat your boy Ponce De Leon.....and that was 21 fights into his career.

That's just facts:manny:
He is an underachiever in that he half-asses it when it comes to training and his performances in the ring.
Dude is athletically gifted as fukk yet doesn't put in the work necessary to be more than just a middle of the road fighter. Which to me makes him an underachiever.
Winning some belts from some dudes who don't matter in the grand scheme of boxing history doesn't move me one bit.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
"Thurman has picked up some nice wins lately with victories over Robert Guerrero, Leonard Bundu, Jesus Soto Karass and Diego Chaves. Adding Collazo’s scalp to his resume would look really good right now, and might open some doors for him."

:dwillhuh:

:mjlol:
That is a who's who of who gives a fukk.
I think Thurman might be the only guy who I would say might have benefited more by not sticking with Allah Haymon because he seems to never be in the conversation for big fights out of all Haymon's guys at 140-147.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
He is an underachiever in that he half-asses it when it comes to training and his performances in the ring.

I heard he works hard in the gym though and in training camp:yeshrug:

I can agree that he underachieves in his performance in the ring. I believe he has much more potential than the abilities he shows on fight night. Something has been off since the Maidana fight with him. The Broner who showed up against Maidana probably would've KO'd Porter.

He fights a little more timid now.

Dude is athletically gifted as fukk yet doesn't put in the work necessary to be more than just a middle of the road fighter. Which to me makes him an underachiever.

Ok, I can see that. Timothy Bradley is saying the same thing and believes he's talented, but isnt mentally focused enough to put it all together. I agree with both of you.

Winning some belts from some dudes who don't matter in the grand scheme of boxing history doesn't move me one bit.

I'll never down play winning a Championship...especially winning 3 of em. Not many fighters win Championships in 3 different Divisions (not interim...real Championships) in Boxing history breh.

Only 36 have done it before and Adrien Broner is one of em.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
That is a who's who of who gives a fukk.
I think Thurman might be the only guy who I would say might have benefited more by not sticking with Allah Haymon because he seems to never be in the conversation for big fights out of all Haymon's guys at 140-147.

with floyd he in contention but floyd said no for now....we dont know if he trollin.....

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I am a One Time fan but even I don't think fighting Luis Collazo is worthy of its own thread.
Theriouthly.:lethallisp:

Basically.

#Thurminators ain't cosigning Collazo as an opponent, especially as a main event.

I'll watch it for potential fukkery, but that's about it. It's crazy how he has the most entertaining style, best outside the ring personality, KO power, mainstream look, etc....

but dude hasn't had any type of big fight yet. The Ghost was his biggest fight and that was a glorified showcase bout.

If he was on Top Rank, he would have prolly gotten a Manny or Bradley fight by now. Hell, even Vargas is a better opponent now then Collazo is.

Haymon trying to make One Time the king of the C level fighters.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Basically.

#Thurminators ain't cosigning Collazo as an opponent, especially as a main event.

I'll watch it for potential fukkery, but that's about it. It's crazy how he has the most entertaining style, best outside the ring personality, KO power, mainstream look, etc....

but dude hasn't had any type of big fight yet. The Ghost was his biggest fight and that was a glorified showcase bout.

If he was on Top Rank, he would have prolly gotten a Manny or Bradley fight by now. Hell, even Vargas is a better opponent now then Collazo is.

I wanna see Thurman vs Brook.

Both would be their best opponent ever faced, both of them have only fought 1 Top 10 opponent in their careers, and both need a big fight.

Neither of them call out the other though...only talk about how they both deserve to fight Floyd:snoop:

They deserve to fight each other to crown the TRUE heir apparent to the Welterweight Throne after Floyd retires in September.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Basically.

i believe porter vs thurman happens later this year if floyd truly is serious about not fighting them.

brook/hearn just said they dont want thurman until after rios,alexander/chaves mandatory, and bradley.

we all know khan is not fighting a power puncher.

rest of welterweights with gbp or top rank..we know that's not happening.

marcos is cruiserweight. gotta get him on a cruise controlled diet so he's ready for 2016.

Last edited: