Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I dont think Berto can beat anyone on that level breh:yeshrug:

I dont think he can beat Victor Ortiz or Robert Guerrero...let alone Khan, Broner, Thurman. He was losing to Josesito Lopez:manny:
This...josesito was giving him the business before his power bailed him out yet again...berto's Boxing IQ is laughable/nonexistent ..he has a brutal L to a 147 version of ghost...he will never pick up a belt at 147 again unless Haymon gifts it to him via a set up just like he did in the old days

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
This...josesito was giving him the business before his power bailed him out yet again...berto's Boxing IQ is laughable/nonexistent ..he has a brutal L to a 147 version of ghost...he will never pick up a belt at 147 again unless Haymon gifts it to him via a set up just like he did in the old days
He's the interim WBA champ............ and if Floyd drops the belt, he's probably elevated to regular champ and Thurman to super champ :sadcam:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I see Canelo trying to employing the same gameplan that Margarita did against Cotto. Problem is that Canelo can't cut off the ring like Margarita could, nor does he have his stamina.

The later rounds of that fight will basically be a battle of attrition. Whoever gasses 1st loses

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Cotto's is too slick to get Margarito'd these days
I see Canelo trying to employing the same gameplan that Margarita did against Cotto. Problem is that Canelo can't cut off the ring like Margarita could, nor does he have his stamina.

The later rounds of that fight will basically be a battle of attrition. Whoever gasses 1st loses

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I thought you could only be elevated to WBA Super Champ if you had a belt from another organization as well
That, and it's a factor of time held/# of defenses and personal discretion.........

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes, the fight literally made me appreciate him and the team (Bro Naz)even more. Amazing night!

great fight or really just a great performance , but what i like'd most about it was the venue. i think staples arena is my favorite modern boxing venue. shane vs de lahoya 1 and shane vs magarito seems like the perfect crowd and atmosphere. big, noisy etc. cotto fights in the garden as well are great but the staples needs to be more of a fixture though i understand la taxes are crazy for fights so:manny:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
He's the interim WBA champ............ and if Floyd drops the belt, he's probably elevated to regular champ and Thurman to super champ :sadcam:

Andre Berto is a the interim WBA Champion?:dwillhuh:

:dahell:?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
great fight or really just a great performance , but what i like'd most about it was the venue. i think staples arena is my favorite modern boxing venue. shane vs de lahoya 1 and shane vs magarito seems like the perfect crowd and atmosphere. big, noisy etc. cotto fights in the garden as well are great but the staples needs to be more of a fixture though i understand la taxes are crazy for fights so:manny:

My favorite venue is the MGM in Vegas:banderas:

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Sports More: Canelo Alvarez Boxing
The biggest fight since Mayweather-Pacquiao is close to happening

• Jun. 8, 2015, 4:05 PM
  • facebook
  • linkedin
  • twitter

• miguel-cotto.jpg
    Ed Mulholland/Getty Images
    See Also

Floyd Mayweather's potential next opponent — Amir Khan — says a fight could be finalized in the next 2 weeks

The 2nd-best boxer in the world can’t get the big-money fight that would make him a star

Manny Pacquiao: 'I thought I won the fight. He didn't do nothing'
    In a thrilling bout at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Miguel Cotto knocked out Danny Geale to set the stage for a presumed upcoming fight against former junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

Cotto, who hadn't fought in 364 days, showed no signs of rust — recording two knockdowns in an utter drumming of Geale. After knocking him down early in the fourth round, Cotto continued with a flurry of punches to floor Geale once more. Upon being asked by referee Harvey Dock if he wished to continue, Geale shook his head, and Dock stopped the fight giving Cotto the win by technical knockout.

Following the fight, Michael Yormack, the president of Roc Nation Sports, which promotes Cotto, all but guaranteed a fight against Alvarez was next for his champion fighter.

"It's a fight everyone wants to see," Yormack said. "It's the fight we're going to make. We have the framework of a deal done. Obviously, we had to wait until tonight was over, but now we can focus on Canelo and Miguel's next fight, and we're looking forward to it."

The potential bout between the two would be the biggest fight since Mayweather-Pacquiao. Many have called it "the biggest fight that can be made today." However, unlike the historic bout between the top two pound-for-pound fighters in the world, which fans and reporters called "a boring con job" and "a complete waste of time and money," many believe a fight between Cotto and Alvarez will bring the excitement that Mayweather-Pacquiao did not.

One such person is Alvarez's promoter, and president of Golden Boy Promotions, Oscar De La Hoya. Following Cotto's knockout win, De La Hoya was already starting to hype the potential bout to Ring TV:

"The fight between Cotto and Canelo is huge. It's the biggest fight in boxing after Mayweather-Pacquiao. But the difference is that with Cotto-Canelo, you are guaranteed action. ...There's no other way around it. You're guaranteed action, and that's what people want to see."

De La Hoya's claim is not without merit. Cotto and Alvarez, who recently recorded a third-round knockout win over James Kirkland, are two of the most powerful fighters in the sport — both have recorded more than 30 knockouts a piec

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/miguel-cotto-canelo-alvarez-fight-2015-6#ixzz3ca7RJO1p