Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Whats worse Thurman coming off a layoff or Brook coming off his leg being chopped by a machete
1410528337172_wps_34_Kell_Brook_Exclusive_pict.jpg

Brook has fought twice in the last 9 weeks Jo Jo Dan was his mando :stopitslime:

Tf makes Chaves better then Porter :dead:...matter fact have you ever seen Chaves actually Win a fight?? The nikka is winless in the USA :aicmon:

Im an OG Porter hater round these parts but Guerrero N Chaves better then him :dahell:

N no we don't know for sure ONE Time would beat Porter...nikkas was for Sure Porter would ktfo Brook N look what happened... Theres plenty nikkas round here who would give the edge to Porter over Thurman

I was :dead: at Diego Chaves and Robert Guerrero being better than Shawn Porter.:mjlol:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what do you feel about BET getting into boxing? good/bad or indifferent, and most importantly, whos gonna do play by play?

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
And if I was guiding Thurman's career I would keep him as far away from Floyd in September as possible. Thurman can still cultivate the 0 and his crowd-pleasing style to stardom and the last thing he needs is being clinically outpointed by Mayweather to derail his own career.
I have a problem with this statement.

1st of all, how would a loss to Floyd, the best fighter in the world and of our generation, derail his career? I really don't see the big deal there. If he fights Floyd and loses? Big deal. Everybody that has fought Floyd lost. He can easily bounce back from that, and very quickly.

Keith Thurman and his handlers should not be worried about a 0. It's not important to him like it is to Floyd. Like you said, he has a crowd pleasing style, so he doesn't need to be undefeated.

This is what I hate about boxing these days, and I fully blame Floyd for fukking the game up. People put so much stock into being undefeated, that if you lose it's like your career is over. fukk outta here with that shyt. If you're a star, you're a star regardless of how many losses you have. Just ask Oscar's bytchass.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I have a problem with this statement.

1st of all, how would a loss to Floyd, the best fighter in the world and of our generation, derail his career? I really don't see the big deal there. If he fights Floyd and loses? Big deal. Everybody that has fought Floyd lost. He can easily bounce back from that, and very quickly.

Keith Thurman and his handlers should not be worried about a 0. It's not important to him like it is to Floyd. Like you said, he has a crowd pleasing style, so he doesn't need to be undefeated.

This is what I hate about boxing these days, and I fully blame Floyd for fukking the game up. People put so much stock into being undefeated, that if you lose it's like your career is over. fukk outta here with that shyt. If you're a star, you're a star regardless of how many losses you have. Just ask Oscar's bytchass.
There is no legit reason for Thurman to be rushed into a fight with Floyd just because Floyd is talking about retiring soon and he has almost zero prospects for a marketable PPV match. Those are all Floyd's issues. Thurman, at this point in his career, can't beat Floyd Mayweather and shouldn't even take the match against him because of that fact. Unless he has serious gambling debts and needs the money there is no good reason for Thurman to fight Floyd.
And while I don't care about undefeated records (and from his interviews neither does Thurman), being undefeated helps build up a fighters marketability nowadays. That is just a fact of life in the current state of boxing. So why toss aside an asset that can guarantee you more money and shine in the sport just to fight Floyd? Or take the L and be faced with calls that you need to prove yourself and show that losing to Floyd didn't ruin you like the dumb shyt people talked after Canelo lost to him? Who needs the aggravation?
No one who mentions Thurman as an opponent ever does so because they think he will win so what is the upside for Thurman in accepting a fight with Floyd Mayweather right now aside from money?

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Was more impressed with Anthony Joshua. Destroyed Kevin Johnson who had previously never been KO'd before. Imagine in him and Wilder keep winning, could be the next big heavyweight fight.

In another fight, Linares got off the deck to stop Kevin Mitche

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:mjlol: you know Swiftset needs to fight a jobber after they get worked, Allah isn't putting him back in there with PED he needs to get his "confidence" back again before fighting another live body.

Too bad we didn't get "worked" the first 10 rounds of that fight :russ:

Bu bu bu but compubox lied :dead: