Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Can you really big up a performance if dude fought a create a euro CAC for the 2nd fight in a row? Khans at least fighting dudes who've been on TV before

Brook did what he had to do...not once did I big up his performance

Did he look horrible tho?? Of course not he won most if not all the rounds N stopped dude in 6...so I asked breh to splain himself :beli:

Khan is getting walked down N rocked by Chris fukking Algieri :aicmon:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Brook still has some horrible flaws, I seriously think he needs a new trainer. I've seen no improvement in years.

He throws the jab from too close, he will eat a solid short counter over that he don't see coming against a classier operator.
Brings it back too low at times as well.
He never finishes with the left hook and often overreaches with the straight right and leaves it just hanging out there.

He is very good but clearly needs work and a little polishing.

It went as expected but it wasn't a great performance. He might not, probably won't get away with such mistakes against a better operator than the small, extremely limited one punch at a time Gavin.
Brook has a great overall skill base. Like you said he makes some critical 'mistakes' he'll pay for against a quicker fighter.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Brook still has some horrible flaws, I seriously think he needs a new trainer. I've seen no improvement in years.

He throws the jab from too close, he will eat a solid short counter over that he don't see coming against a classier operator.
Brings it back too low at times as well.
He never finishes with the left hook and often overreaches with the straight right and leaves it just hanging out there.

He is very good but clearly needs work and a little polishing.

It went as expected but it wasn't a great performance. He might not, probably won't get away with such mistakes against a better operator than the small, extremely limited one punch at a time Gavin.

Did Thurman impress you when he fought Bundu??

Gavin is a bum but he fought a close SD with Bundu...them nikkas is damn near equals

Brook kod his bum but Thurman went 12 with his

Thurmans chin is a question Mark...his infighting leaves much to be desired...all these nikkas have flaws

So far Brook has the better scalp on his resume in Porter then anything Thurman got so far...I like One Time but he ain't clear above nobody N fighting Collazo aint goin help his case

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Brook did well his issue was with that generic Eurocac being southpaw, rarely did Brook have better foot position in the fight, lucky for him the only southpaw at welter I see giving him problems is Manny. Guerrero smothers his own work so foot position is that big of a deal for him and Devon is :francis:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Did Thurman impress you when he fought Bundu??

Gavin is a bum but he fought a close SD with Bundu...them nikkas is damn near equals

Brook kod his bum but Thurman went 12 with his

Thurmans chin is a question Mark...his infighting leaves much to be desired...all these nikkas have flaws

So far Brook has the better scalp on his resume in Porter then anything Thurman got so far...I like One Time but he ain't clear above nobody N fighting Collazo aint goin help his case

Wasn't Thurman coming back from an extended layoff stemming from a shoulder injury? He had Bundu knocked down in the first and cruised to an easy decision.

Brook literally just had Jojo and Gavin back to back over the course of about two months -- you don't think Keith would have the same success?:comeon:

I like the Guerrero and Chaves wins over the Porter win. But truth be told, I don't think highly of Shawn at all, and I fully expect to see Broner come out with the W when they fight. Brook handled him, and we all know Thurman would fukk up Porter too.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Wasn't Thurman coming back from an extended layoff stemming from a shoulder injury? He had Bundu knocked down in the first and cruised to an easy decision.

Brook literally just had Jojo and Gavin back to back over the course of about two months -- you don't think Keith would have the same success?:comeon:

I like the Guerrero and Chaves wins over the Porter win. But truth be told, I don't think highly of Shawn at all, and I fully expect to see Broner come out with the W when they fight. Brook handled him, and we all know Thurman would fukk up Porter too.

Whats worse Thurman coming off a layoff or Brook coming off his leg being chopped by a machete
1410528337172_wps_34_Kell_Brook_Exclusive_pict.jpg

Brook has fought twice in the last 9 weeks Jo Jo Dan was his mando :stopitslime:

Tf makes Chaves better then Porter :dead:...matter fact have you ever seen Chaves actually Win a fight?? The nikka is winless in the USA :aicmon:

Im an OG Porter hater round these parts but Guerrero N Chaves better then him :dahell:

N no we don't know for sure ONE Time would beat Porter...nikkas was for Sure Porter would ktfo Brook N look what happened... Theres plenty nikkas round here who would give the edge to Porter over Thurman

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Whats worse Thurman coming off a layoff or Brook coming off his leg being chopped by a machete

Brook has fought twice in the last 9 weeks Jo Jo Dan was his mando :stopitslime:

Tf makes Chaves better then Porter :dead:...matter fact have you ever seen Chaves actually Win a fight?? The nikka is winless in the USA :aicmon:

Im an OG Porter hater round these parts but Guerrero N Chaves better then him :dahell:

N no we don't know for sure ONE Time would beat Porter...nikkas was for Sure Porter would ktfo Brook N look what happened... Theres plenty nikkas round here who would give the edge to Porter over Thurman

Same chaves that was on the verge of retiring Rios' for good nd fought to a SD draw with top 10 welter in Bradley.:umad:

Porter fought to a draw with a blown up Diaz :mjlol: and he's been looking real suspect since Paulie brought up PEDs:upsetfavre:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Man some of y'all are obtuse. Bradley was out right robbed against Chaves just 6 months ago, now in some weird triangle theory pump my ninja up shyt he bravely fought him to a draw? A fight where his best moment was playing soccer w/ BATB's dome? Porter even being in the discussion for #3 welter :mjlol::mjlol: Dude's style is a wack slow version of Bradleys with a tad bit more power. Khan hasn't fought a welter with any power. Brook extends his right hand too far and is open to non-generic euro counters. Thurman/Tim are the two with the least question marks. Bradley got them scalps so it is what it is. All of these dudes get embarrassed 10-2 shyt by Floyd and most get washed by pac man :yeshrug: That's life my ninjas

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

fukk hell i thought that was a promo poster for Human Centipede part 4: experiment in Africa???

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am wondering why anyone gives a shyt who Floyd fights in September though? It isn't going to be a good entertaining fight anyway. Floyd is gonna do Floyd and nobody out there currently can do anything to beat that so who cares who it is? Let him go 12 mundane rounds with Khan...won't be any worse than him going 12 mundane rounds with anyone else that has had their name tossed around.
And if I was guiding Thurman's career I would keep him as far away from Floyd in September as possible. Thurman can still cultivate the 0 and his crowd-pleasing style to stardom and the last thing he needs is being clinically outpointed by Mayweather to derail his own career.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I am wondering why anyone gives a shyt who Floyd fights in September though? It isn't going to be a good entertaining fight anyway. Floyd is gonna do Floyd and nobody out there currently can do anything to beat that so who cares who it is? Let him go 12 mundane rounds with Khan...won't be any worse than him going 12 mundane rounds with anyone else that has had their name tossed around.
And if I was guiding Thurman's career I would keep him as far away from Floyd in September as possible. Thurman can still cultivate the 0 and his crowd-pleasing style to stardom and the last thing he needs is being clinically outpointed by Mayweather to derail his own career.
I agree with this and I love watching Floyd fights. Nobody can touch him right now. To think One Time is 'deserving' of a floyd fight is hilarious. Has thurman even fought a dude with heavy hands yet? Has he even beat Berto yet?

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
i want to see brook deal with a heavy output/fast guy like amir?
We only seen Brook fight one legit dude so yea. I'd like to see Brook fight someone who can box from the outside and in the pocket, and a more cerebral fighter. His right hand is smooth but it's long. Those belts blind us boxing folk sometime though.