Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 5/29:

- Calzaghe vs. Froch? Froch's overall resume is better. He fought more and better opponents, but he also has two losses. Believes Joe was the better fighter overall at his peak. Both have had superb careers and expects Froch to join Calzaghe in the HOF. If they fought, he would pick Calzaghe.

Like I was saying:sas1:

There is no one alive that could argue that Froch was/is better than Joe Calzaghe was:sas2:

- Hearing Danny Garcia may be in the main event of the 2nd PBC card to be on ESPN, August 1.

#swiftset on ESPN?:dahell:

- Would like to see Garcia fight the Broner-Porter winner on Aug. 1, but doesn't think either guy would be ready that soon. Would love to see Garcia take a Khan rematch.

Me too

- Most amazing fighter he witnessed in his prime? RJJ.

Me too

@Achille :blessed:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
:ohhh::russ::deadmanny:

Deontay Wilder: I think Alexander Povetkin is 'juicing'

Heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder said he believes the mandatory challenger for his WBC heavyweight title, Alexander Povetkin, is taking performance-enhancing drugs, though Wilder offered no proof to support his assertion.

Wilder told USA TODAY Sports in a telephone interview on Thursday that in watching the 35-year-old Russian destroy Mike Perez with a first-round knockout in Moscow last week, he noticed Povetkin’s body looks different than it did before. And it looks more like the bodies of fighters who have tested positive for PEDs, he said.

“I think he’s juicing. He’s looking too big,” Wilder (33-0, 32 KOs) said. “I have people that have trained him and know him, and being from a different country, they have different techniques that they use.

“He’s on some kind of steroids. But you know, that’s just my opinion. It’s not going to affect me when it’s time to fight and I’m looking forward (to fighting Povetkin). That’s how I feel. That could be the reason why (he dropped Perez so quickly). but we’re not taking anything from him and I can’t wait to be able to put my hands on him.”

Attempts by USA TODAY Sports to reach Povetkin’s promoter, Andrei Ryabinsky, were unsuccessful.
Wilder, who is 6-7, 220 pounds, insisted that there will be “full drug testing” if and when they fight.

“There will definitely be strong drug testing . . . there will be not only blood, not only urine, he might even have to give a little sperm during the test or something,” Wilder said with a laugh.

Before Wilder gets a shot at Povetkin, he will fight Eric Molina on June 13 in Birmingham, Ala., his first title defense.
“I’m not looking past Molina,” Wilder said, “but I’m definitely looking through him and I’m looking forward to having my first mandatory title defense.”

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Like I was saying:sas1:

There is no one alive that could argue that Froch was/is better than Joe Calzaghe was:sas2:

#swiftset on ESPN?:dahell:

Me too

Me too

@Achille :blessed:

u cant either...:deadmanny:

all u have used is hearsay/opinions(from dudes who have had just as many wrong predictions as right), robbery of bhop and weak abc theory with kessler.:troll:

for example let me poke holes through that weak ass argument.

pac beat hatton n oscar easier than gayweather so pac would crush gayweather if they ever fought ! GOT'EM:gladbron:

hearns beat duran the first time and it took ray two times to beat duran. that mean hearns would win easily over ray.:ehh:

Bruno beat mcall the first time and lewis lost. bruno clearly stomps the fukk outta lewis.:myman:

foreman would fukk ali n send him into depression cause he koed frazier easily n it took ali 2 times to beat joe.:banderas:

1zwdq1t.jpg

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Pascal pitted against undefeated Cuban Gonzalez on July 25

Main Events, InterBox and Jean Pascal Promotions are proud to announce Jean Pascal (29-3-1, 17 KOs) will face Yunieski Gonzalez (16-0, 12 KOs) in the ten-round co-feature of the Kovalev-Mohammedi Unified Light Heavyweight World Championship fight on July 25 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada. Both fights will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing® beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.

Pascal, the former WBC Light Heavyweight World Champion, looks to prove he is still a force to be reckoned with in the light heavyweight division by taking on a young undefeated prospect in Gonzalez. This will be his first fight outside his adopted home country of Canada since 2008 and his third fight in seven months. The 32-year old is originally from Port-au-Prince, Haiti and currently resides in Laval, Quebec, Canada.

"I'm eager to get back in the ring," said Pascal. "The years where I have been very active are the ones that I've performed the best. Gonzalez is a good fighter and everybody knows I am not content with fighting just a regular fighter. I'm already back in the gym and focusing on July 25."

Pascal will face a big challenge from his opponent, undefeated Cuban prospect Yunieski Gonzalez. Yunieski has a stellar 75% knockout-to-win ratio and has stopped his last seven opponents in a row dating all the way back to 2012. His previous three fights have not lasted past the third round and two of those were first-round stoppages. The 29-year old is originally from Cuba and now makes his home in Miami, Florida.

"This is the fight I have been waiting for," said a confident Gonzalez. "I'm not punching at him, I'm punching through him and when I'm done with him he won't be any good for anyone else."

Main Events' CEO, Kathy Duva, is excited to work with Pascal and InterBox again. She said, "Kovalev and Pascal are both true warriors in the sense that they are always willing to face the very best. So putting them on the same card made a lot of sense for us and for the fans who will get to see both of them bring their electricity to the same ring again. With Pascal there is never a dull moment in the ring and, as proof that he never backs away from a challenge, this time he steps up to face a talented, hungry undefeated contender who has the ability to knock out anyone he faces."

"For his third fight in less than a year for Jean Pascal, this is a great opportunity and challenge for him," said Jean Bédard, President of InterBox. "Gonzalez had a phenomenal amateur career and his professional career seems to follow the same direction. It's always a pleasure to work with Kathy Duva and Main Events."

Greg Leon, CEO of Jean Pascal Promotions, added, "Jean Pascal Promotions is thrilled to be back on HBO for the second time in four months. Yunieski Gonzalez is a talented fighter and a formidable challenge but I have no doubt Jean Pascal will be far too much for him."

Joe DeGuardia of Star Boxing, Gonzalez's promoter, said "I am thrilled to be on to such a sensational HBO card filled with light heavyweight bangers. We are very high on Yunieski Gonzalez and this is the kind of fight that he needs to propel him to the top of the light heavyweight division

and

As previously reported by BoxingScene.com, unbeaten super welterweight standout Julian J Rock Williams (19-0) will return to the ring on June 13th in Alabama on the Deontay Wilder-Eric Molina undercard. BoxingScene.com has been advised that Williams opponent will be Arman Ovsepyan (14-3). The bout will likely air on SHO Extreme before the Showtime Championship Boxing broadcast begins. This will be Williams 2nd fight of 2015 while this will be Ovsepyan's first since losing a decision to the undefeated Brad Solomon last May

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
u cant either...:deadmanny:

all u have used is hearsay/opinions(from dudes who have had just as many wrong predictions as right), robbery of bhop and weak abc theory with kessler.:troll:

for example let me poke holes through that weak ass argument.

pac beat hatton n oscar easier than gayweather so pac would crush gayweather if they ever fought ! GOT'EM:gladbron:

hearns beat duran the first time and it took ray two times to beat duran. that mean hearns would win easily over ray.:ehh:

Bruno beat mcall the first time and lewis lost. bruno clearly stomps the fukk outta lewis.:myman:

foreman would fukk ali n send him into depression cause he koed frazier easily n it took ali 2 times to beat joe.:banderas:

Why would I have to argue the obvious?:dahell:

Breh, you are in the minority...not me:what:

You are the only person I know that believes that Carl Froch was/is better than Joe Calzaghe was as a boxer..........and you are all alone in that thought. You cant find 1 single person on this site who will back you on that claim, so I would like for you to tell me why do you think that.:mjpls:

Why do you think Carl Froch was a better boxer, more talented, whatever you wanna call it, than Joe Calzaghe.:mjpls:

In my opinion, the ONLY thing Froch has better is Power. That's it. That's why it's pointless for me to have to explain the obvious, because Im telling you that Joe Calzaghe was better in every facet of being a Boxer than Froch was imo.:birdman:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Go re-watch the chaves fight bruh. Chaves wasn't doing shyt until Tim's face broke. Nice try though.

I rather re-watch Thurman/Chaves because.....

You actually get to see how Chaves is supposed to be handled by an elite fighter. :obama:

When you watch Bradley/Chaves you see 2 guys scrapping wild for 12 rounds that ends in a draw. :mjlol:

:heh: at rewatching a Bradley fight. If it ain't the Ruslan fight I'll politely decline.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I rather re-watch Thurman/Chaves because.....

You actually get to see how Chaves is supposed to be handled by an elite fighter. :obama:

When you watch Bradley/Chaves you see 2 guys scrapping wild for 12 rounds that ends in a draw. :mjlol:

:heh: at rewatching a Bradley fight. If it ain't the Ruslan fight I'll politely decline.
:russ:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:ohhh::russ::deadmanny:

Deontay Wilder: I think Alexander Povetkin is 'juicing'

Heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder said he believes the mandatory challenger for his WBC heavyweight title, Alexander Povetkin, is taking performance-enhancing drugs, though Wilder offered no proof to support his assertion.

Wilder told USA TODAY Sports in a telephone interview on Thursday that in watching the 35-year-old Russian destroy Mike Perez with a first-round knockout in Moscow last week, he noticed Povetkin’s body looks different than it did before. And it looks more like the bodies of fighters who have tested positive for PEDs, he said.

“I think he’s juicing. He’s looking too big,” Wilder (33-0, 32 KOs) said. “I have people that have trained him and know him, and being from a different country, they have different techniques that they use.

“He’s on some kind of steroids. But you know, that’s just my opinion. It’s not going to affect me when it’s time to fight and I’m looking forward (to fighting Povetkin). That’s how I feel. That could be the reason why (he dropped Perez so quickly). but we’re not taking anything from him and I can’t wait to be able to put my hands on him.”

Attempts by USA TODAY Sports to reach Povetkin’s promoter, Andrei Ryabinsky, were unsuccessful.
Wilder, who is 6-7, 220 pounds, insisted that there will be “full drug testing” if and when they fight.

“There will definitely be strong drug testing . . . there will be not only blood, not only urine, he might even have to give a little sperm during the test or something,” Wilder said with a laugh.

Before Wilder gets a shot at Povetkin, he will fight Eric Molina on June 13 in Birmingham, Ala., his first title defense.
“I’m not looking past Molina,” Wilder said, “but I’m definitely looking through him and I’m looking forward to having my first mandatory title defense.”
:stopitslime:
Wilder is such a clown ass ho and it is obvious that he has fear in his heart at the idea of fighting an actual good boxer for the first time in his career.