Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
#Thurminators/Ghost was too one-sided for it to be better than Omar/Ricky

Maybe from a marquee name standpoint it delivered, but that was it. I'd even say Swift/Peterson was more entertaining.

Thurman pretty much pitched a shutout minus a couple late rounds.

the fact that ghost got his ass whooped like he did validating what we said about him to ppl who think ghost is legit at 147 breh...plus it was decisive with ghost trying his damndest to do something with a gassed keith but kept on getting his ass whooped to the final bell :wow: ..gives it that extra edge :jawalrus:

the fact that swift-peterson and omar-ricky were controversial decisions leaves a sour taste for me on those fights..omar-ricky was damn good but omar wasn't whooped..just outboxed...however the swift-peterson thread is one of the best threads created in here though...it stimulated the right kind of boxing conversation for many pages

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
BET would have gave him the airtime for free and Al Satan could have kept the advertisement $$ just like grandpa Hov

:smugfavre:

PBC dont care bout the money right now...they care bout views to create household names N get that UFC fox TV deal

If PBC doin .85 on NBC

Boxing on BET goin do Whats Happening rerun numbers...which isnt good for Anybody :to:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
PBC dont care bout the money right now...they care bout views to create household names N get that UFC fox TV deal

If PBC doin .85 on NBC

Boxing on BET goin do Whats Happening rerun numbers...which isnt good for Anybody :to:

:dead:

SOG is my boy, but he'd be better off moving the fight to June 13th or June 27th. Nobody is gonna watch him face Paul Smith when Broner vs Porter + Spence is fighting on NBC at the same time:manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:dead:

SOG is my boy, but he'd be better off moving the fight to June 13th or June 27th. Nobody is gonna watch him face Paul Smith when Broner vs Porter + Spence is fighting on NBC at the same time:manny:

Jesus I forgot its on at the same time as AB/Showtime :mjlol:

Now imagine SOG is rusty or has another wrestlefest like vs Rodriguez on top of the poor numbers

The nikka gonna want to get PAID his next fight N HBO goin look at him like :comeon: back to BET you go :camby:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Danny Jacobs vs. Matthew Macklin in the works for Aug. or Sept. on PBC

A fight between WBA middleweight champion Danny Jacobs and Matthew Macklin is in the works.
Jacobs told USA TODAY Sports that he’ll make the second defense of his title in August or September at Barclays Center in his native Brooklyn.

“I’ve been hearing Matthew Macklin, which I think is great opponent at the moment,” Jacobs said, adding that there’s a second potential opponent. “… Everything is all in the air until Al Haymon confirms it.”
Jacobs (29-1, 26 KOs) was one of the top prospects in boxing, but was knocked out by Dmitry Pirog in his first world title opportunity (July 2010). One year later, he was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, an aggressive cancer, but overcame the tumor that temporarily paralyzed him, earning the nickname “Miracle Man.” He returned to the ring in March 2011 and after seven fights was a world champion.

Jacobs, 28, wants to make up for lost time, and made the first defense of his title with a 12th round stoppage of Caleb Truax in April.

“I just want to fight and stay active, that’s my main thing,”said Jacobs, who yearns for a fight this year against fellow Brooklynite Peter Quillin. “… I think Macklin’s a great fight.”

Eddie Hearn, who promotes Macklin, confirmed the fight is being negotiated.

“I think that Macklin’s done enough, he’s boxed on HBO enough times — he lost to (Gennady) Golovkin, fair enough — but he gave a good performance against (Sergio) Martinez,” Hearn said. “So I think he’s big enough to be a credible opponent.”

Macklin (32-6, 21 KOs), would easily represent the toughest assignment of Jacobs’ career. And that’s just the way he likes it.

“We’re trying to climb the ladder,” Jacobs said, “we’re stepping up, better and better opposition every time.”

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
:scust: Jacobs really is a joke of a champion

Macklin got KTFO in his fight before last vs Heiland.

does Jacobs really have no shame or think because hes a cancer survivor hes allowed to keep defending his belt vs weak opposition

Macklin is shot

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:scust: Jacobs really is a joke of a champion

Macklin got KTFO in his fight before last vs Heiland.

does Jacobs really have no shame or think because hes a cancer survivor hes allowed to keep defending his belt vs weak opposition

Macklin is shot

whatever pirog is doing he needs to heal up and take another belt away from danny...this is not good matchmaking for him...he won and has defended his "belt" against fighters with no real type of notoriety

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Now imagine SOG is rusty or has another wrestlefest like vs Rodriguez on top of the poor numbers

The nikka gonna want to get PAID his next fight N HBO goin look at him like :comeon: back to BET you go :camby:

it all depends on what time that nbc card and the bet card starts..if at the same time..it was a wrap for the bet viewing numbers

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

My nikka gonna be fighting on Shotgun Saturday Night next time out:mjcry:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We've come a long way from getting paws put on us by overweight Mexicans, to nikkas thinking Gary was going to split our wig now ATG fighters respecting us. :mjcry:

THE

One who put the "1" in Gary Russell Jr "26-1" :demoncac:

We run featherweight our left hand make em levitate :999:

The Ukrainian Prince :blessed:

Young Dos Medallas :jawalrus:

SouthPaw Will O' The Wisp :wow:

Hi tech :whoo:

Pretty boy :sog:

Vasyl Lomachenko :mjcry:

Let's not forget where Salido's punches landed in that fight. He used Loma's balls as a speed bag.