Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i don't think he scared of kovalev, not even the slightest. let's be real, if stevenson wasn't signed with haymon the fight would have been happened already. haymon not allowing stevenson fight on hbo is the real roadblock in this situation.

lmao, main events saying they've been in talks with yvon (stevensons promoter) when, in reality they need to really be talking to al.
And that right there is why Oscar's suit has merit and he has a good chance to get an injunction against Allah.
Dude has been blatantly skating around the edge of the law with this "I'm just a manager, not a promoter" shyt and it could end up biting him in the ass.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
steve Cunningham maybe? always puts up a good but gets robbed.maybe Curtis harper, the fat bruh who almost upset arreola.

J'Leon Love? darnell boone? ray robinson ? Yoshihiro Kamegai ? Emanuel taylor? karim Mayfield? chris algeri? leo santa cruz? :mjcry:

well some of those prospects arent really jobbers yet

USS shouldn't be one but judges keep taking fights out of his hands for some reason..they dont want him to win :to:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Say brehs, I came across the Gatti-Gamache controversy and I've been wondering why is the weigh-in not on fight day ? Otherwise what is the point of weighs if fight weight is so much different than the weigh-in's ? I mean Gatti was like 20lbs above the limit :scust: Also why do fighters force themselves to fight at weighs below their natural one ? I mean let's say I naturally weigh 144, does that mean that my fight weight will necessary be 140 and under ?

That Roy Co sign :ahh:

"That dude is THAT DUDE"

Pretty Boy Vasyl :mjcry:

Team Krack in 2016 :wow:

I watched his fight against Gonzalez and I enjoyed the swiftness and accuracy of his. Proper footwork and marksmanship, very nice to watch. Is there some place left on this bandwagon ? :lupe: I think I might add him on my roster.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Say brehs, I came across the Gatti-Gamache controversy and I've been wondering why is the weigh-in not on fight day ? Otherwise what is the point of weighs if fight weight is so much different than the weigh-in's ? I mean Gatti was like 20lbs above the limit :scust: Also why do fighters force themselves to fight at weighs below their natural one ? I mean let's say I naturally weigh 144, does that mean that my fight weight will necessary be 140 and under ?

I watched his fight against Gonzalez and I enjoyed the swiftness and accuracy of his. Proper footwork and marksmanship, very nice to watch. Is there some place left on this bandwagon ? :lupe: I think I might add him on my roster.

All are welcomed

:blessed:

Except for Pat :pacspit: breh been hating from the jump. :pacspit:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Also why do fighters force themselves to fight at weighs below their natural one ? I mean let's say I naturally weigh 144, does that mean that my fight weight will necessary be 140 and under ?
Reason #1: If my natural walking around weight is 160 but I fight at 147 against mostly dudes who are naturally that weight then I can expect to have a size (and presumably power) advantage by fight night when I re-hydrate back up to my normal weight.

Reason #2: Sometimes the best fights and money are at lower weight classes.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Reason #1: If my natural walking around weight is 160 but I fight at 147 against mostly dudes who are naturally that weight then I can expect to have a size (and presumably power) advantage by fight night when I re-hydrate back up to my normal weight.

Reason #2: Sometimes the best fights and money are at lower weight classes.
Honestly, I wouldn't have any problems with that if the fight weight was actually below the limit. But the rehydration stuff is unfair imo. :manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@Liu Kang because of some instances where fighters do not rehydrate enough....the quickest way to catching a brain injury of some sort is to fight dehydrated..gatti - Gamache was an unfortunate incident in weight fukkery...fighters will fight at low weights because they feel they would optimal at that division...broner is a current and good example of someone who was more optimal at 130 and 135 than 140 and 147...now I don't see anything wrong with it if they can make the weight without problems and not rehydrate to a weight that would raise an eyebrow

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Liu Kang because of some instances where fighters do not rehydrate enough....the quickest way to catching a brain injury of some sort is to fight dehydrated..gatti - Gamache was an unfortunate incident in weight fukkery...fighters will fight at low weights because they feel they would optimal at that division...broner is a current and good example of someone who was more optimal at 130 and 135 than 140 and 147...now I don't see anything wrong with it if they can make the weight without problems and not rehydrate to a weight that would raise an eyebrow
Ok, I can see that. But why not imposing a limit at the fight weight ? I mean making weight seems really pointless with weigh-in being within the class an fight weigh being not. Aren't weight classes supposed to make things fairer ? What's the point of making weight then rehydrating above the weight limit then (regarding the weight class I mean) ?

Last edited: