Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
watch yo mouf

wc0nsz.jpg

:bhop:

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont blame them for not giving in to fight on pbc and wanting to do it on hbo.. they made him a star and they wanna be loyal.. stevenson shouldnt have ducked him in the first place and we wouldnt be having this convo:yeshrug:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
i dont blame them for not giving in to fight on pbc and wanting to do it on hbo.. they made him a star and they wanna be loyal.. stevenson shouldnt have ducked him in the first place and we wouldnt be having this convo:yeshrug:

i don't think he scared of kovalev, not even the slightest. let's be real, if stevenson wasn't signed with haymon the fight would have been happened already. haymon not allowing stevenson fight on hbo is the real roadblock in this situation.

lmao, main events saying they've been in talks with yvon (stevensons promoter) when, in reality they need to really be talking to al.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Kathy Duva asked for the purse bid and then backed down. If they REALLY wanted to fight, why not go through with it?

Haymon made Stevenson a star (monetary wise), and Stevenson is the #1 Light Heavyweight...why should he just fight on HBO when he's the Real Champion and he wants to stay loyal to Haymon by fighting on PBC.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it goes both ways with them being loyal to their people and boxing politics now

shoulda happened in 2013 even tho it wouldnt have been as big a fight:yeshrug:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
What court is goin stop Allah in 4 months time :mjlol:

shyt has a better chance of dragging on for 4 years :rudy:

That c*nt Duva still salty she lost that NBCSports deal N got no where for Curtis Stevens to fight :camby:

Don't see how a judge doesn't stop haymon. Dude took 100+ fighters and promoters can't even make fights if haymon says no.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Chavez Jr-Macklin in Talks - Weight is The Issue

There are ongoing talks to make a fight between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (48-2-1, 32KOs) and Matthew Macklin. According to Macklin's promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport, the fight is being presented to take place on a summer date in Las Vegas. Chavez was back in action last month and saw Andrzej Fonfara stun him with a ninth round stoppage.The fight with Fonfara took place at light heavyweight, and Chavez wants his return to take place at the super middleweight limit of 168-pounds.Macklin is a middleweight, fighting no higher than 160-pounds and there is some concern by Macklin and Hearn, because Chavez could put on 20-pounds (or more) once he rehydrates on fight night.

At the same time, Hearn is trying to get Macklin a fight with WBA 'regular' middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs. There is no news on the Jacobs front but there is now talk of fighting Chavez Jr. ''But that fight would have to be up near 168-pounds and I would only really be 168-pounds on the night of the fight whereas he would put on 20-pounds overnight. At middleweight I would love that fight but I don't really want to venture up to super-middleweight so we will see what happens'', Macklin told The Daily Mail. ''I would consider giving him a few pounds. Listen if he could meet me halfway, maybe at 164-pounds, I would go for it but to go up to 168lbs, I'me giving a lot of an advantage away. I think it would be a physical fight as well but let's see what happens in the next few days. Obviously he came a cropper and now he needs to rebuild and he's looking for a smaller guy, someone like me who is a decent-size middleweight but not massive. I'm open to anything, it is a big fight and if he is still killing himself to get down to super-middleweight then actually what is an advantage in size becomes a disadvantage. When they come back to us this week we will see what they say and weigh things up''.

Hearn added to the paper -[''There have been a lot of discussions about Chavez-Macklin, I love the fight, but the problem is the weight. It's a lot of money and it's tempting but we're not sure. It's all about money at the end of the day and you saw Ricky Burns fight Figueroa, who was probably two or three pounds outside where he would liked to have been''.Jacobs was a fight was a fight he really wants, there is Peter Quillin and Andy Lee too but when a Chavez fight comes up you have to think about it.