Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
There are talks underway for an elimination bout ordered by the WBC between #1 ranked super bantamweight and former world champion Hugo “Cuatito” Ruiz (35-2, 31 KOs) and #3 rated multi-division former champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire (34-3, 22 KOs). Ruiz is represented by Promociones del Pueblo and Sampson Boxing, and Donaire by Top Rank. The current WBC super bantamweight world champion is Leo “Terremoto” Santa Cruz, who could soon move to featherweight, which would open the door for Ruiz-Donaire to be for the vacant title rather than an eliminator. Stay tuned.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
What's popping this weekend brehs ? I know GGG is late night but anything else for a breh to watchatch ?

Also I was thinking what's next for Broner if he beats Porter ? @Newzz

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
What's popping this weekend brehs ? I know GGG is late night but anything else for a breh to watchatch ?

FNF tonight right? Last night of FNF is May 22nd before it becomes PBC I think.

Speaking of which, PBC is only putting on 11 cards on ESPN in a year. Much less than FNF was putting on. I understand they're going to put other fights on other networks but its frustrating. The goal is to do quality over quantity with this but that means lower level guys might not get any shine :/

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

FNF tonight right? Last night of FNF is May 22nd before it becomes PBC I think.

Speaking of which, PBC is only putting on 11 cards on ESPN in a year. Much less than FNF was putting on. I understand they're going to put other fights on other networks but its frustrating. The goal is to do quality over quantity with this but that means lower level guys might not get any shine :/

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-rings-monthly-boxing-tv-schedules-may-2015.306838/

If I wasn't going to CT so late i would go to that FNF card

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ljk5b.jpg

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 5/15:

- Possibility of Mayweather-GGG happening? No.
- GGG-Canelo is a mega PPV fight down the road.
- Cole was horrible refereeing Figueroa-Burns.
- Does not think Cotto will fight GGG. Canelo will.
- If Froch wants a big fight he could fight GGG. He deserves to retire if he wants to.
- Believes Mayweather and Pacquiao will probably have a rematch.
- Expects Mayweather and Pacquiao to fight again (not necessarily vs. each other). Both will fight again and not retire yet.
- Picking GGG and Roman by KO.
- Does not think Pacquiao should have postponed fight due to injury. Had he had surgery before fight, Mayweather and Pacquiao probably never would have fought.
- Porter-Broner should be taking place in Ohio.
- Canelo had a great KO, showed good sportsmanship checking on Kirkland, and the atmosphere was great. One of the best arena atmospheres in awhile.
- Kirkland needs to get back with Ann Wolfe.
- Thinks Monroe hangs in for awhile vs. GGG. He is very confident and in great shape. He really wanted this fight.
- Generally agrees with Kellerman's take on the commission and the shot for Pacquiao. But Manny and his team deserve blame as well.
- Cowboy Stadium would be a great venue for Canelo-Cotto. It could attract 60k + attendance.
- If Cotto loses to Geale he would like Canelo to fight GGG next.
- Geale is being overlooked. He is a good fighter and a solid MW, whereas Martinez was a small MW.
- If Lemieux beats N'Dam a GGG fight would be great. Thinks Lemieux's team is not quite ready to make that fight.
- Lemieux and N'Dam are making 51k each for their fight. Lemieux may get some gate and Canadian PPV money.
- Does Canelo deserve another shot at Floyd? No.
- His sports teams: Yankees, Giants, Knicks, and Duke.
- Haymon gets to decide who he puts on TV. The cards have been uneven, but generally good.
- Good chance ESPN gets the rights to show Povetkin-Perez (ESPN2 on tape delay).
- Rios-Provodnikov this year? Not sure.
- FOTY so far? Matthysse-Provodnikov.
- Benavidez vs. Paez Jr? Benavidez by decision.
- Marriagas looked good on ESPN2. He beat Walters in a 2008 Olympic qualifier. Interesting fight.
- If Walters wins hopefully we get Walters-Lomachenko by the end of the year.
- GGG wants to unify all 4 MW belts. Only fighters to ever have done that: Hopkins and Taylor.
- GGG vs. Hagler? It would be a fight.
- Does not think fighting Algieri has hurt Khan's chances of fighting Mayweather.
- Not sure of Showtime's boxing plans, as they have not had any top level fights in 2015.
- HBO will not show Brook-Gavin.
- Thinks Canelo continues to have some fights on regular HBO.
- Roman Gonzalez is already a superstar in boxing, he just needs an audience.
- How will Pacquiao be remembered to him? A great fighter and a better person.
- ShowBox for June 26 is in the works. Sammy Vasquez will be on.
- Holyfield (current) could beat Eric Molina.
- Fury-Wlad will be next. They are already negotiating.
- The Forum is set to seat 12,600 for GGG-Monroe. They are close to selling out and may open up more seats. Bigger gate than when JMM fought there.
- Anthony Joshua the first person to stop Kevin Johnson? Yes.
- Bigger waste, Ayala Jr. or Francisco Bojado? Ayala.
- No news on Rigo. US networks do not want him.
- Floyd does plan on vacating his belts. No date yet.
- Weird that Paulie always bashes Manny. Manny would crush Paulie in the ring.
- On the undercard portion of GGG-Monroe is Erik Morales' brother, Ivan Morales. He is 27-0 (15 KO's).
- HBO wanted to show Lemieux-N'Dam, but could not accommodate it in June. They could not change date as GB was under pressure by the IBF to make the fight happen.
- If GGG cannot get a big fight this fall, he would like to fight in September and December.
- Not sure Glen Tapia ever reaches the next level in boxing.
- Best fight on FNF? Ward-Augustus. Julio Gonzalez vs. Julian Letterlough was a good one as well.
- DeGale vs. Dirrell is a 50/50 fight. Not expecting much action.
- MSG wants GGG to fight there again. Also interest in having him fight in San Antonio.
- Favorite fight where an underdog won? Douglas-Tyson.
- Thinks Bradley-Vargas will be a good fight.
- Floyd's Showtime deal must be considered a success now.
- Lampley and Bernstein were good commentating together.

Last edited: