Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
BHOP :ufdup:

The Mexican Hero ain't playing
:smugjr:

Hopkins, I respect him for his achievements, but I'd love to make a proposal. On my fight with Froch in the summer, we can do a tournament at 168 pounds. He fights with Gennady Golovkin on the same card, and then the winners face each other. I think Hopkins has been a legendary fighter, and surely few have achieved what he achieved, but I'm not an easy option as he thinks. Of course if I did beat Froch and he beats Golovkin, then of course I would love to face him. It would be a great achievement in my career [to fight Hopkins]," Chavez told ESPN Deportes.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Cotto is such a fakkit... trying to drag smaller fighters up weight classes because he's shook to fight Canelo or GGG. And this is the 'lineal' middleweight champ :snoop:
ive been watching boxing forever and embarressed to ask, i could also quickly google it and find out.. but what does lineal mean in champ:snoop:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Never saw this before. I don't see how this will help punching power since the majority of the power doesn't come from the arms. His grip will be hella skrong doe.

That's the thing though I forget which fight it was but dude dropped breh with arm punches, it didn't look like he was generating the power from his hips/legs then I see this vid and I'm like :patrice:

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
ive been watching boxing forever and embarressed to ask, i could also quickly google it and find out.. but what does lineal mean in champ:snoop:

It basically means you are considered the true champion of that division. It's not generally connected to any particular belt; Its more of a 'to be the man, you have to beat the man' type of thing. Martinez was considered lineal champ at MW, so when Cotto beat him, theoretically he became lineal middleweight champion. And i do stress the term 'theoretically'.

At least that's my understanding of it.