Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Sullivan Barrera-Jeff Lacy on Jan. 30th at Foxwoods
Posted by: Ryan Burton on 1/20/2015

By Ryan Burton

BoxingScene.com has been advised that undefeated Cuban light heavyweight Sullivan Barrera (14-0) will face former champion Jeff Lacy (27-5) on January 30th at Foxwoods in Connecticut. The fight is scheduled for 8 rounds and will serve as the swing bout underneath the Karl Dargan-Tony Luis main event that will be televised on ESPN2.

Barrera had a successful 2014 campaign, going 4-0 with 3 knockouts.

http://www.boxingscene.com/sullivan-barrera-jeff-lacy-on-jan-30th-foxwoods--86541

Jeff.....just retire man:mjcry:
I thought that was a typo because I figured Lacy had retired.:snoop:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Any news on Porter, Maidana, Khan, or Marquez?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Maidana is fighting high cholesterol N diabetes

There was rumblings of Porter vs Roberto Garcia

You sound furious we getting investment banker money

3RXlct6.jpg

:jawalrus:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i dont understand this...quillin gave up his gotdamn belt and now there's talk about getting that same belt back against lee? makes no sense to me

ROC Nation won the Korobov v Kid Choc purse bid

Haymon got beef with them N paid Kid Choc to drop the belt

Lee is Champ now N is the best matchup for Quillin...im assuming they'd rather have Quillin vs Jacobs with a belt on the line :yeshrug:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
ROC Nation won the Korobov v Kid Choc purse bid

Haymon got beef with them N paid Kid Choc to drop the belt

Lee is Champ now N is the best matchup for Quillin...im assuming they'd rather have Quillin vs Jacobs with a belt on the line :yeshrug:
And I think Haymon was keeping all his fighters away from other business or risky fights until he could put it under his own umbrella. Quillin-Lee now gets done under his NBC deal and if Quillin wins, Haymon can still make Quillin-Jacobs.

That was one he kinda lucked out on (assuming Quillin-Lee gets made). You could see his other moves and how protecting a fighter would benefit once they got on NBC. But dropping Quillin's belt was :patrice: if it somehow made its way to a fighter Haymon couldn't make a deal with. Cotto is more tied in to HBO, and GGG is HBO, so if Quillin lost that belt and couldn't recapture because it moved over to HBO, it really hurts Showtime and Quillin's prestige at 160.