Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Before fighting a Puerto Rican

While fighting a Puerto Rican

0000.gif

0000.gif

After fighting a Puerto Rican

Puerto Rico 1 - Mejico 0

835415360.gif

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
What's the deal with the 6oz gloves, is this true?
i believe that athletic commissions only check for glove weight. theres different things fighters can do to gloves. in the 4 oz era fighters used to fight with gloves that had horse hairs for padding and before the fight they would work the horse hair away from the knuckle area so there was zero padding when the fight started. in some tyson fights you can see him pressing his gloves together to work the foam padding away from the center of the knuckle area as much as he could before the fight. some fighters pull the padding backward and skin it down to the wrist with extra tape over the glove you still see this every now and then in a lot of fights when a fighter has his tape all the way up the hand. athletic commissions dont check or try to stop any of this. hopkins revealed an old trick that old time fighters would dip their wrapped hands into ice water to harden the wraps and turn it into a hard cast. theres lots of things like this that fighters do that go by athletic commissions how many fights did margarito fight before he was caught finally. is margarito the only fighter in the sport who cheats or is margarito the only fighter in the sport who happened to get caught? which one sounds more likely to you? remember the athletic commission people are not boxing people theyre a government department.

ggg is the man with the highest ko rate in boxing and the man with the smallest gloves in all of boxing. where theres smoke theres fire look at his fights his gloves are almost the same size as his real hand. it could be many things his team is doing to gloves trying to flatten them out or hitting walls to work the padding before fights that would still pass a athletic commission inspection but every fight he has look at his gloves for yourself and ask yourself if they pass your eye test.

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/kirkland-jonak-land-on-golovkin-card-april-26--74267

By Luke Furman

According to sources in Poland, there are negotiations taking place to match James Kirkland (32-1, 28KOs) against Polish junior middleweight contender Damian Jonak (37-0-1, 21KOs). Jonak has enough power to hang with Kirkland and stopped a number of his foes, but his last five opponents have been able to last the distance.

The fight is being discussed for April 26th at The Theater in New York's Madison Square Garden, as the co-featured fight to Gennady Golovkin's next HBO televised defense of the WBA/IBO middleweight titles.

:leon:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
ggg's popularity in the US is not big.
He doesn't have the brand name yet outside of dedicated boxing fans, but among boxing fans he is one of the most popular boxers. Among non PPV fights, GGG-Stevens was the third highest ranked fight of last year. (JCC-Vera was one above him, don't know the other)

I haven't had a fighter I really enjoyed watching and rooting for in a long time.
#GGG
Gennady Golovkin Gang here! Who is riding with me? :salute:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
If not Sergio Martinez then possibly Sergio Mora :ohhh:

Golovkin is promoted by the Klits. If he really wanted Martinez they would've made a better offer than Cotto

They keep bringing Murray's name up but they've never sent him a purse offer :upsetfavre:

I think it is far more complicated than that. For one With GGG it is not just a Klitschko purse bid, HBO owns his North American rights. Second, DiBella hasn't wanted to negotiate a GGG fight. And Cotto is far more popular, so the justifiable purse would be bigger for Cotto.

Murray has been having US visa troubles for quite awhile...HBO wants GGG fighting in New York.

ESPN (Dan Rafael) reported post GGG-Adama, GGG said he wanted Sergio next - but knew it wouldn't happen and that HBO had "approved" three fighters and were in negotiations. I am assuming the three fighters they are referring to are Kirkland, Geale, and Lee.
Like I have mentioned before...HBO is being really strong handed in their controlling contract of GGG. It has made him more popular...but that also starts to bring more doubters among the people watching him.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"The April 12 Pacquiao-Bradley undercard is shaping up to look like Ray Beltran against Rocky Martinez in a lightweight clash, WBA super lightweight titleholder Khabib Allakhverdiev defending against Jessie Vargas and WBA interim super featherweight beltholder Bryan Vasquez defending against Jose Felix."

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
"The April 12 Pacquiao-Bradley undercard is shaping up to look like Ray Beltran against Rocky Martinez in a lightweight clash, WBA super lightweight titleholder Khabib Allakhverdiev defending against Jessie Vargas and WBA interim super featherweight beltholder Bryan Vasquez defending against Jose Felix."

that undercard is far better than the pac-rios one for sure

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ESPN (Dan Rafael) reported post GGG-Adama, GGG said he wanted Sergio next - but knew it wouldn't happen and that HBO had "approved" three fighters and were in negotiations. I am assuming the three fighters they are referring to are Kirkland, Geale, and Lee.

yep, thats them.