Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Damn Ortiz.....you gonna be on ESPN the next time we see you:damn:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Ortiz was just too excited and tried to go for the KO early, and Collazo is better than that.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I had no idea this fight was on tonight....WTF. Since when do they air boxing on Thursdays. Someone asked me if I wanted tickets for it and I turned them down because I thought it was Saturday. :dahell:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
0000.gif

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-90-fans-care-about-ppv-undercard--74196

By Edward Chaykovsky

Earlier today, Top Rank revealed the HBO pay-per-view undercard to the Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley rematch, taking place on April 12th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. As part of the card, Ray Beltran and Rocky Martinez will collide in a lightweight eliminator, Khabib Allakhverdiev will defend his WBA 'regular' junior welterweight title against Jessie Vargas, and Bryan Vasquez defends his WBA interim-super featherweight belt against undefeated contender Jose Felix.

Not everybody was pleased with the undercard lineup. Speaking with scribe Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum explained that most fans do not care about the actual undercard and they are only influenced to purchase a pay-per-view show on the strength of the main event. He doesn't believe the undercard for this card, or any PPV card, has a huge impact on the buyrate figures.

"In theory, yes, it makes sense to say, let's go get a lot of good, interesting fights and put them on the [pay-per-view] undercard, but the truth is – and I've been doing this a long, long time – 90 percent of the people don't want to see the undercard and don't care about it," Arum said. "But there is a point to the argument that we should give the other 10 percent something to watch that they'll enjoy, so we decided to try to put together a fun card for them."

We ain't nothing but some 10 percenters :wow: