Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Brook looked decent against Senchenko for as long as it lasted, but I'm not sure if he beats Alexander. Alexander seems quicker and just as athletic. He also can punch a bit when he decides to settle down. I don't think Brook has the best set of whiskers. It almost seems like his people are being too cautious for a guy with his skill and talent. Cano might even put hands on dude maybe even beat him.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
shyt!!!! :snoop:. i just remembered my company holiday party is on the 7th...fukk!!!!:damn:..well looks like ill be bringing my netbook with me to that hotel where its taking place..my hotel room better have access to showtime gotdammit else its stream time

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
LOL...thats funny. But seriously...I thought B-Hop was robbed collectively even if not individually because they were not going to give him a decision. B-Hop was way past his prime then. You do realize that B-Hop was past prime when he beat Tito dont you? B-Hop physical prime was over by the time he was 35. For me I start to notice a physical decline in athletes right around 33 years of age. I think 32-33 is right at the physical apex. This is about the age where you will start to notice that Lebron will still be an elite athlete but not the same as he was at 29. Anyway. I thought B-Hop deserved to win at least the 2nd fight. I know his name opponents didnt come around til around the time he was 35-36...but you must not have seen how good he was physically before that time.

Sorry to rant but...in that mythical matchup with Hagler, the guys were saying that neither was known for their speed. Bernard was a fast fighter when he was in early thirties. He had really fast hands. One thing people dont realize about B-Hop is....after his physical prime he became much more intelligent...as most greats do...like MJ, Kobe, etc...B-Hop relied mostly on his IQ and staying in physical shape.

You cant give B-Hop credit for his physical prime because he didnt do much. I am not saying that. What I am saying is.....had he gotten the opportunities in his physical prime he likely wouldve been the best MW of all time.
hopkins was a better fighter at 36 than he was at 26 physical apex or not. archie moore was a better fighter in the late stage of his career than he was when he was younger. even if you think hopkins won those fights hopkins going life and death with jermain taylor says everything you need to know about hopkins vs monzon. hopkins struggled with guys who could box him jones, taylor, calzaghe, dawson. he would strugggle with monzon in all of the same ways.