Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

how this came to be

A surprise bidder emerged in the Alycia Baumgardner-Delfine Persoon sweepstakes.

Global Combat Collective LLC claimed the promotional rights to the RING/undisputed 130-pound championship. The upstart company submitted $500,000 to outpace Matchroom Boxing ($251,800) and Filiep Tampere ($111,144) during a WBC purse bid held Friday via Zoom.

Matchroom has Baumgardner (15-1, 7 knockouts) under contract for one more fight. Tampere is the manager and regional promoter for Belgium’s Persoon.

Ten-percent ($50,000) will be set aside as a win bonus, per WBC purse bid rules. Baumgardner, The Ring champ, will receive seventy percent ($315,000) as the defending champion. Persoon (49-3, 19 KOs), No. 1 at 130, is due the remaining thirty percent ($135,000) as the mandatory challenger.

The Ring has learned that no actual talks took place between camps, despite the WBC-ordered mandatory title fight and negotiation period.

The lack of progress prompted a purse bid hearing. Matchroom and Tampere each hoped to win. They were both caught off guard by the participation of unknown Global Combat, whose listed representatives include Nelson Lopez Sr. and Sergio Rodriguez. Nelson Lopez Jr. heads Baumgardner’s management team.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
how this came to be
What the fu...
12423-210822ed974e62d62bdf15569fa4faef.jpg

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
how this came to be

so the "world's best promoter" underbid for a potential FOTY candidate for one of his alleged "stars" in America.

Matchroom could have easily threw 500k at that type of fight. At least they gon get paid much better, but that sucks for the fans. My sister wanted to go to that fight. Now I gotta hear her go off like Kanan's mom once I explain this bullshyt.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
so the "world's best promoter" underbid for a potential FOTY candidate for one of his alleged "stars" in America.

Matchroom could have easily threw 500k at that type of fight. At least they gon get paid much better, but that sucks for the fans. My sister wanted to go to that fight. Now I gotta hear her go off like Kanan's mom once I explain this bullshyt.
ive never heard of this type of scenario outside of the pandemic...shyt feels like it could be some eyes wide shut shyt...private event..mufukkas wearing masks and shyt and they are airing on a free streaming channel....30 something years of watching boxing and it still never fails to surprise me :heh:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So sick and tired of hearing about what Tank "would" or "wouldn't" do.. that nikka is like 100-0 in hypothetical wins.. just prove it in the ring :damn:

Act like you didn’t wait 10 fukking years for Bud to fight a nikka with a pulse brehs

I kno I know bu bu bu bu but it’s different something something something Al Haymon Floyd Mayweather PBC

:camby:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Act like you didn’t wait 10 fukking years for Bud to fight a nikka with a pulse brehs

I kno I know bu bu bu bu but it’s different something something something Al Haymon Floyd Mayweather PBC

:camby:
Cmon Choc you're better than this I know it.. you dont get tired of swinging pom poms in the air, d-riding and defending a network and a nikka who don't give a fukk about you??
You don't get tired of waiting 5-10 yrs for fights you wanna see??

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah a nobody with only 10 fights under his belt is gonna give Crawford problems :comeon:

Lets not get carried away here, this is a obvious cherry pick and if Crawford loses he should retire.

Sick of these hyped up Euro fighters.
I hope you learned a lesson :heh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cmon Choc you're better than this I know it.. you dont get tired of swinging pom poms in the air, d-riding and defending a network and a nikka who don't give a fukk about you??
You don't get tired of waiting 5-10 yrs for fights you wanna see??
Choc can't adjust to the times..he still turns to showtime anticipating mauro with his proud boys haircut and cockeyed mares calling the action for Danny Garcia vs jobber in a non title match but no one is a champion:russ: