Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

Would love to hear ya'll guys thoughts on this
It felt like 2003 to 2014 was the Golden Age of 160 lbs and under weight classes. Am I crazy to think that?

In 2003 when Lennox Lewis retired and Roy Jones started getting old, it felt like whether it was by necessity, Boxing finally shed a light on the smaller weight classes like never before. The biggest stars were all 160 and below. Oscar De La Hoya, Mayweather, Gatti, Ward, Hatton, Zab, Amir Khan, Marquez, Morales, Nonito Donaire, Pacquiao, etc

The old school fighters like Aaron Pryor, Meldrick Taylor, and Sweet Pea would been huge stars if they fought in that era

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Would love to hear ya'll guys thoughts on this
It felt like 2003 to 2014 was the Golden Age of 160 lbs and under weight classes. Am I crazy to think that?

In 2003 when Lennox Lewis retired and Roy Jones started getting old, it felt like whether it was by necessity, Boxing finally shed a light on the smaller weight classes like never before. The biggest stars were all 160 and below. Oscar De La Hoya, Mayweather, Gatti, Ward, Hatton, Zab, Amir Khan, Marquez, Morales, Nonito Donaire, Pacquiao, etc

The old school fighters like Aaron Pryor, Meldrick Taylor, and Sweet Pea would been huge stars if they fought in that era
it was...oscar carried boxing the most during that time period...new stars were born

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I feel bad for him and Plant.
i dont feel bad for no plant...he wasn't fighting nobody serious...my thing is why they couldnt find a replacement opponent for plant to keep the card intact or bump fulton's fight to main

morris

Superstar
Daps
Rigo was not at Loma's weight. That's a blatant lie.

And why are people acting like Loma is 40 and has been in a bunch of wars or something? He lost his feeling of invincibility and doesn't want it with the real killers.
In the post-fight interviews, Lomachenko was asked about Rigondeaux being his fourth consecutive opponent to retire on his stool, to which Lomachenko joked, "Maybe I should change my second name, now my name is 'No Mas Chenko'."[73] He also went on to say, "This is not his weight, so it's not a big win for me. But he's a good fighter. He's got great skills. I adjusted to his style, low blows and all." Speaking to an interpreter, Rigondeaux said, "I lost, no excuses. I injured the top of my left hand in the second round. He's a very technical fighter. He's explosive. I'm gonna come back because that's what I do. The weight was not a factor in this fight. It was the injury to my hand."

Loma is 36 but let's be real when you combine his amateur record, which was at a high level. Not many decorated long-time amateurs have success in the pros (Joel Casamayor comes to mind as having a successful pro career, though possibly not HoF career).

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Rigo was not at Loma's weight. That's a blatant lie.

And why are people acting like Loma is 40 and has been in a bunch of wars or something? He lost his feeling of invincibility and doesn't want it with the real killers.

Loma is shook. His confidence is gone. The loss to Haney took his soul. Fought his way back from the Teo L, gets a shot at undisputed, ends up crying in a corner with a cracked ribcage. He's knows deep down he's not that guy.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ODLJ...bet against what he says.

He was on Ariel Helwani saying Canelo-Mungia was not happending; was announced the next week

He JUST said on Thurs. Saudi boxing was not taking over anything; announce the following week.
oscar was literally on turki's IG page one time kissing his whole ass in the comments lol