Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I think Loma did the right thing. Beat the fighters at his weight when they were deemed dangerous (Walters and that quitter Rigo), then fought 2 young lions in the covid era (Teo & Haney) in losing efforts. Yes, he LOST to Haney, close but he lost.

He did the right thing for himself at this end stage of his career by having 2 more young lions (Shakur/Davis?) cancel each other out so he can possibly look at one last major fight

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I think Loma did the right thing. Beat the fighters at his weight when they were deemed dangerous (Walters and that quitter Rigo), then fought 2 young lions in the covid era (Teo & Haney) in losing efforts. Yes, he LOST to Haney, close but he lost.

He did the right thing for himself at this end stage of his career by having 2 more young lions (Shakur/Davis?) cancel each other out so he can possibly look at one last major fight

Tank would be a career pay day so why prolong it? He let them run it and then he gets dusty or has to deal.with Zepeda unless he takes the lighter path and unify with Boechick. But I feel regardless why prolong the inevitable

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
He gotta see if he sees a flaw before he let Tank fight him.What he said about Cruz let me know they cherry pick like crazy
Shakur been saying he couldn't get the big fights and everyone is ducking him. Now the opportunity to fight the biggest name american boxer currently active and he don't fight to me he would look funny.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

morris

Superstar
Daps
Tank would be a career pay day so why prolong it? He let them run it and then he gets dusty or has to deal.with Zepeda unless he takes the lighter path and unify with Boechick. But I feel regardless why prolong the inevitable
Very simple. He paid his dues early in his pro career and is old in boxing given his extensive amateur career. he appeared ready 5 years ago but covid, hthe Ukranian war, and losses got in the way. In today's era, these big fights need to get made right away, not "let it build up." This is the internet era and people forget fast and spend even faster

He just got a decent win and needs to recover. he's not in his 20s anymore. Either fight down the line will make him a decent payday. He should prolong until he's as healed as possible

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Loma fight fell through and Shakur is a free agent, if Tank doesn't make the Shakur fight now it might not get made
Everyone hating on Shakur after this last fight only aids the promotion potential imo, ball is in Tank court and I hope they make this fight between two highly rated black fighters in their prime