Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Fury getting paid 32 million to face Whyte is unreal lol.

CORRECTION- Fury getting paid MORE to fight Whyte than he got to fight Wlad and Wilder is unreal lol. His Whyte purse is a career high!

now im sure this will be airing on ESPN...but will it be regular ESPN, ESPN PPV, ESPN+, or ESPN+ PPV..i mean since he wants to spend 41 million on a mando defense and shyt :hhh:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
now im sure this will be airing on ESPN...but will it be regular ESPN, ESPN PPV, ESPN+, or ESPN+ PPV..i mean since he wants to spend 41 million on a mando defense and shyt :hhh:

I think the goal was to have as much control over the logistics and parameters of their champion and his upcoming fight and not letting the challengers promoter win the rights and put it on DAZN...my guess would be ESPN+. ESPN+ PPV would shock me and I def wouldn't pay for that.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think the goal was to have as much control over the logistics and parameters of their champion and his upcoming fight and not letting the challengers promoter win the rights and put it on DAZN...my guess would be ESPN+. ESPN+ PPV would shock me and I def wouldn't pay for that.

of course...warren knew fast eddie was ready to part with some dough for this to get it on DAZN's schedule..lightning im sure wont strike twice...rare chance that warren defaults on his bid lol

41 million though :hhh:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Lol no way dusty ass Warren paid that himself :mjlol: TR/ESPN maybe even MTK heavily in there, Queensberry (Warren) is just who they gave the money to as Fury's UK promoter. I guess this points toward the fight itself being in the UK as well, otherwise it would be TR not Warren.

BTW good fight, if no step aside money this is the best option and Whyte deserves his shot already despite all the BS coming from his way

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
of course...warren knew fast eddie was ready to part with some dough for this to get it on DAZN's schedule..lightning im sure wont strike twice...rare chance that warren defaults on his bid lol

41 million though :hhh:

Yea this $$$ good as gold. Apparently its the highest purse bid in history and the fight will take place in Prinicipality Stadium in Wales where its sure to sell out (74500 seat capacity). That gate coupled with the UK PPV sales will get all involved a return on investment.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Lol no way dusty ass Warren paid that himself :mjlol: TR/ESPN maybe even MTK heavily in there, Queensberry (Warren) is just who they gave the money to as Fury's UK promoter. I guess this points toward the fight itself being in the UK as well, otherwise it would be TR not Warren.

BTW good fight, if no step aside money this is the best option and Whyte deserves his shot already despite all the BS coming from his way

Well Warren and Arum Co promote Fury so there's that. But yeah it should be a decent scrap. Woulda preferred Fury v Usyk tho but it is what it is. At least we get Usyk v Joshua 2 so Usyk can solidify his claim.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea this $$$ good as gold. Apparently its the highest purse bid in history and the fight will take place in Prinicipality Stadium in Wales where its sure to sell out (74500 seat capacity). That gate coupled with the UK PPV sales will get all involved a return on investment.
And my assumption is the undisputed fight will top this one in price lol

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Well Warren and Arum Co promote Fury so there's that. But yeah it should be a decent scrap. Woulda preferred Fury v Usyk tho but it is what it is. At least we get Usyk v Joshua 2 so Usyk can solidify his claim.
I like AJ but frankly, I don't think that he will pull something out of his hat here.
Ruiz loss was different... He was doing well till one mistake sealed his fate and he could never recover fully from that temple shot
With Usyk he tried to box, tried to use his length, and got outboxed and when he tried to be more aggressive and exchange with him he got hurt...
Don't know what would it take for him to avenge this loss based on the first fight

I also don't like the vibes I'm getting from AJ.
He was talking about this step aside deal kind of slick, like he was repeating that he is a smart individual and that only believe it when you hear it from him but never categorically denied the rumors which makes me think there were indeed talks and it wasn't out of the question.
His whole trainer saga too, they are floating it for weeks now but still nothing on it, it just reeks indecisiveness and despair to me, like he would be mentally ruined from that loss.

Of course "it's the HWs",one punch could be enough and all, so we will see, I won't totally write AJ down, he's still a capable boxer who's also a giant with a great punch but overall Usyk should be a clear favorite going in