Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This war between the two sports only exists in the mind of some of the MMA fanbase, they are trying to cater to them with this

It's been a lot worse than this like 8-10 years before when a big part of UFC's marketing was about "look how we're doing right what boxing failed at". Whoever they could sway from boxing they swayed them already, since then I got the feeling boxing became more popular than it was recently (not at the level it was in the 70s or before but that never gonna return) due to new stars and unifications becoming more of a trend than in the years before (positive effect of social media...?) while idk how MMA's popularity went at the same time. Got the feeling that it stayed like how it was in 2010 but I'm a casual for this, it could be drastically more or less popular than it was and I wouldn't know.

You’re 100 percent correct. Boxing has been hotter the last few years. I like MMA as well, but a lot of these MMA fans are hanging onto these outdated viewpoints from 2006. It happens again when you have new/young fans that suddenly “discover” MMA. They go back and try to regurgitate these viewpoints as if they are relevant right now.

UFC had 0 hype this year, all their “stars” are aging as well.

The second half of this year was no question a boxing dominated time period as far as hype and bigger fights.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
MenacingEsteemedChimneyswift-size_restricted.gif

I always wondered how that fight goes down if Thurman doesn’t land that punch right there

Swift was winning the first before that happened N then gave up the next couple rounds after clearing his head giving Keith a nice lead to :stylin::mj:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I always wondered how that fight goes down if Thurman doesn’t land that punch right there

Swift was winning the first before that happened N then gave up the next couple rounds after clearing his head giving Keith a nice lead to :stylin::mj:

he would have still lost :heh:..thurman > swift in every way

thurman_victory-e1488688156920.jpg

swift - "here you go champ!! just keeping them belts warm for you" :hubie:

keith - "get your fukking hands off me you six toed loser" :mjtf:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
he would have still lost :heh:..thurman > swift in every way

thurman_victory-e1488688156920.jpg

swift - "here you go champ!! just keeping them belts warm for you" :hubie:

keith - "get your fukking hands off me you six toed loser" :mjtf:

It’s been almost 10 years breh let it go … Ionno whats taking longer to heal Matthysse eyeball or your heart :russ:

DearMinorCrow-max-1mb.gif

:umad:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You saying it’s like he should be fighting Usyk or something.

Boxing media is trash example #127447848484
Is that right? Well Canelo and Reynoso were named Fighter and Trainer of the Year across the board from Ring Magazine to ESPN to Boxing News but for the hell of it

Last edited: