Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
‘Jessie Vargas won’t go away. He’s officially made that transition into one of those guys who just stays around and gets slots similar to how Robert Guerrero was doing it.
the only difference is no one is championing or juelzing for vargas fights like they did for ghost...there was a lot of that on here for robert guerrero :pachaha:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Yeah I’ve seen this Porter’s podcast crazy high on Tank. I rate him myself but not as much as them. This wasn’t a rating, more like he thinks he’d beat everyone at these weight. Only legit case is 135 imo where he, Loma or Haney are the best, take your pick… but I don’t think Tank makes 130 ever again and the difference in skills between him and the top 140ers isn’t big enough to make up for his physical disadvantages.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
But I wasn't surprised Rigo was jobbed out,he is an old Cuban slickster who is a nightmare to fight because of his style and without mainstream following while Casimero is a gimmicky power puncher
Right.

Rigo going to embarrass you on some 'me v you, put it on the line, your skills v mine, amateur skills and1 ankle break shyt'. And i'm gonna love watching that, even if it is boring to 90% of people out there.

Problem is that isn't prizefighting and prizefighting is the name of the game at that level.:manny: Whatcha gonna do?

More often than not the Cuban style just isn't built like that/translate across for the pro ranks, particularly at the lighter weights.

Sad but true because there's so much to applaud from a technique, strategy and movement perspective. But i get it, it's the hurt business at the pro level.