Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Maybe I’m exaggerating but when it comes to Eddie Heard, I’m trying to think of the last fight he put together where I was like damn I want to see that. :jbhmm:

Facts, :mjlol:
Hearn is good for heavyweight fights and rematches. Anything else happen on accident or it just involves only one of his fighters. I think the last card he had that I was really looking forward to was Whyte/Povetkin 1 with Taylor/Persoon 2 as the co main.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Hearn is good for heavyweight fights and rematches. Anything else happen on accident or it just involves only one of his fighters. I think the last card he had that I was really looking forward to was Whyte/Povetkin 1 with Taylor/Persoon 2 as the co main.
Gotta cosign..hes had plenty of good cards but a lot of them are on accident..whereas you couldn't gauge them strictly on paper like that..that fight camp one is good rare example of a card of his that was dope on paper

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Is he good for heavyweight fights? I think his fights unintentionally become entertaining. Pretty much cherry picks gone wrong. The way he manages AJ’s career is basically on some marinating shyt. “Basically we are going to make this money fighting these guys over here, while hyping a Wilder or Fury fight.” It just backfires losing to guys like Ruiz and Usyk. He manages Whyte very similar. Let’s put him into these safe fights until he gets a title shot. It backfires and he loses to Povetkin.

I think his dumb ass truly believed that AJ would go undefeated fighting all these other fighters, and then once that was done, fight for undisputed against Wilder or Fury. That shyt doesn’t work. All these guys are susceptible to losses. Even Wallin, a handpicked opponent, had Fury looking crazy.

I’m about to go on a rant but marinating doesn’t work. Make the big fights before these guys lose to someone else who was not suppose to win that fight.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Is he good for heavyweight fights? I think his fights unintentionally become entertaining. Pretty much cherry picks gone wrong. The way he manages AJ’s career is basically on some marinating shyt. “Basically we are going to make this money fighting these guys over here, while hyping a Wilder or Fury fight.” It just backfires losing to guys like Ruiz and Usyk. He manages Whyte very similar. Let’s put him into these safe fights until he gets a title shot. It backfires and he loses to Povetkin.

I think his dumb ass truly believed that AJ would go undefeated fighting all these other fighters, and then once that was done, fight for undisputed against Wilder or Fury. That shyt doesn’t work. All these guys are susceptible to losses. Even Wallin, a handpicked opponent, had Fury looking crazy.

I’m about to go on a rant but marinating doesn’t work. Make the big fights before these guys lose to someone else who was not suppose to win that fight.
shyt breh go on that rant..let it out lol

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@theflyest the one thing I will disagree with you about is whyte...I dont think he was matched safe and in the case of povetkin..povetkin still had the ability to ice HWs...its only recent that I felt whyte pulled a cheap move by pulling out of the wallin fight since he knew he was up for a title shot and didnt want to risk..that was all him and eddie for sure

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt breh go on that rant..let it out lol

look at the state of boxing

A side fighters are getting their ass whooped by handpicked b side opponents

Promoters have to start recognizing that it’s in their best interest to make the big fights earlier. Look at Mayweather Promotions. How long can you keep making these type of fights with Tank before the shyt backfires into a horrible loss?

There’s maybe a few fighters in the sport that aren’t really susceptible to losing to handpicked guys.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@theflyest the one thing I will disagree with you about is whyte...I dont think he was matched safe and in the case of povetkin..povetkin still had the ability to ice HWs...its only recent that I felt whyte pulled a cheap move by pulling out of the wallin fight since he knew he was up for a title shot and didnt want to risk..that was all him and eddie for sure

I picked Povetkin to beat Whyte, but I believe they felt it was a gimme. I think both of us knew that, but these promoters, these experts, didn’t see it coming.