Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
the only 175 lb champ thats actually has been trying to fight canelo and not trying to be in the mix at 175 is bivol

beterbiev and joe smith haven't been paying canelo too much mind..beterbiev is fighting his other mando next and joe was about to fight his before he got covid

Am I “wrong” in thinking that somebody gonna pick Bivol off in one of his next few fights? Idk why but I feel that happening. Maybe it’s due to his inactivity

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
Whats pissing me off is none of these next options, besides Beterbiev and that’s pushing it, have earned a Nelo fight. Maybe Charlo since he was Nelo mando at 160 so I can see that

Why do champions need to earn fights? This is the biggest crock of shyt point I've seen online recently. We know Canelo is the draw so all the "it won't draw well" talk goes out the window

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Why do champions need to earn fights? This is the biggest crock of shyt point I've seen online recently. We know Canelo is the draw so all the "it won't draw well" talk goes out the window

1. Who said anything about only champions needing to earn title fights?

It's not about drawing and selling, I don't care two shyts about that since i'm not seeing a dime of it. I'm tired of underserving title fights.

Everyone wants a Canelo fight but yet they're not willing to mix it up to make themselves a more viable option. Say Nelo fights Benavidez next (who's undeserving of a Canelo fight in the FIRST place), what's Charlo going to do? Just take another soft touch and hope that he gets the call in September? When the hell is he going to take risk outside of waiting on a Canelo fight. Canelo the only one from 160-175 daring to mix it up on the reg, but everyone is dancing around each other.