Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
This is hilarious on two fronts because Navarette is the WBO champ, so if he's vacating and moving up he should be fighting Shakur. Top Rank really maneuvering these dudes away from Shakur

2 divisions..esp after that mid fight valdez had plus the special tea (which i need to find) scandal..they dont want to risk it lol

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 divisions..esp after that mid fight valdez had plus the special tea (which i need to find) scandal..they dont want to risk it lol
They also did the same thing with Valdez/Herring, Valdez dropped the WBO and fought Berchelt instead of Herring. shyt is a pattern with them and I'm glad Shakur is pointing out what's going on. Mexicans can only fight Mexicans? Let Shakur get that scalp instead.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
source.gif

source.gif

aFrWWTB.png

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:russ::mjlol:I was confused...like what fight did that writer watch?
That's the boxing site with the woat articles though, don't take them serious, they literally just let anyone write there, doesn't matter if he has some obvious agenda/bias. Most of these guys are not even real journalists imo but on the level of getting some random Facebook comment section poster to write and article.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
That's the boxing site with the woat articles though, don't take them serious, they literally just let anyone write there, doesn't matter if he has some obvious agenda/bias. Most of these guys are not even real journalists imo but on the level of getting some random Facebook comment section poster to write and article.
oh ok bet. I'm really sitting here replaying the fight in my head (watched it a few times) and tried to recall moments where Danny had Spence in a real tight position...couldn't really think of any lol Spence controlled that fight

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Almost feels like TR be trying to give Valdez a loss with their match making. Navarrete is like the worst possible match up for dude and its not even a bigger bout than a Shakur fight.
I disagree with this, imo Stevenson, even Herring a worse stylistic matchup for him.
Navarrete is tough but has holes in his game and comes forward a lot, it could look similar to Valdez vs Berchelt depending how Navarrete's chin hold up to Valdez's counters. If it does it could look similar to Margarito vs Cotto 1 and Navarrete can grind him down late but I'm not sure.
With Stevenson I don't think Valdez would find him in the ring and connect enough to have a chance to win on the cards, also unlikely that he'd KO Stevenson.
Looks to me Stevenson will be very hard to beat, I'd just like to see him against a high level pressure fighter now like Loma to see how well he can keep up his own pace there.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Almost feels like TR be trying to give Valdez a loss with their match making. Navarrete is like the worst possible match up for dude and its not even a bigger bout than a Shakur fight.

I think Navarrete is gonna beat the brakes off Valdez & stop him. He seems fresher & knows how to fight, but also use his reach if he needs to

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
They also did the same thing with Valdez/Herring, Valdez dropped the WBO and fought Berchelt instead of Herring. shyt is a pattern with them and I'm glad Shakur is pointing out what's going on. Mexicans can only fight Mexicans? Let Shakur get that scalp instead.

I think its all about money and him trying to maximize the Mexican fighter..the only reason he gave Shakur Herring is because Herring had a great chance to beat Valdez and that wasn’t good for money making purposes. Not really any promotional upside to let Shakur knock off both your Mexicans before they get a chance to fight it out and based on there style they can easily be a trilogy type fight.

They will eventually let Shakur get a Mexican scalp thozxz But that’s mostly fall on Shakur. These new fighters tend to think the boxing business is only fighting. It’s about self promotion and putting on good performances also. Teo the only one that can cut a decent promo.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I disagree with this, imo Stevenson, even Herring a worse stylistic matchup for him.
Navarrete is tough but has holes in his game and comes forward a lot, it could look similar to Valdez vs Berchelt depending how Navarrete's chin hold up to Valdez's counters. If it does it could look similar to Margarito vs Cotto 1 and Navarrete can grind him down late but I'm not sure.
With Stevenson I don't think Valdez would find him in the ring and connect enough to have a chance to win on the cards, also unlikely that he'd KO Stevenson.
Looks to me Stevenson will be very hard to beat, I'd just like to see him against a high level pressure fighter now like Loma to see how well he can keep up his own pace there.

We'll have to agree to disagree then because I think Navarrete is just all around better than Berchelt. He took some bombs from Joet and kept coming forward landing accurate ass Killer Instinct combos from every angle. He's not afraid of guys boxing him. I though Rueben Villa could beat him and he made dude not want to engage at all. Herring definitely not in Navarrete's league. Berchelt is one of those guys who only looks good when things are going his way. Herring is too reactive for a guy like Navarrete.

I think Valdez can possibly clip Stevenson late if Shakur chooses to sweet science him instead of putting on a beating. Valdez doesn't get discouraged no matter how bad you box him up. Guys should formulate plans to stop him and stop trying to box dude. If Stevenson approaches the fight like he did Herring, he wins easy, but something tells me he'll respect the talent and try to neutralize him.