Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
:unimpressed:
If he's lucky Canelo picks him for Cinco de Mayo or September but he gonna beat Benavidez like he stole something

He does this Instagram gangster act but he hasn't been dedicated and lost his title 2X out of the ring due to shyt not connected to the ring.

Now we all know why he got the nickname "El Bandera Roja", he is indeed a red flag
Ayo
full

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Canelo couldn't stop a weight drained Chavez Jr and took almost a whole fight to KO an older weather beaten ass Kovalev. :hhh:

If he beats Smith, Plant, Charlo, etc..... it won't be by stoppage. More like another close win by the skin of your teeth decision that he's known for. :francis:

I hope one of those 3 fights are worthy of rewatching. Haven't dared to rewatch his fights with DJ or Kov

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
UFC Hall Of Famer Michael Bisping Lands Lead Role For Boxing Film 'The Journeyman'
By Manouk Akopyan

Published On Thu Nov 12, 2020, 02:44 PM EST

UFC Hall of Fame fighter Michael Bisping is fully completing his transition from a career inside of the cage to in front of the camera.

The 41-year-old former UFC middleweight champion has landed the lead role in the upcoming boxing-focused film The Journeyman, an adaptation of British author Mark Turley’s 2014 nonfiction book “Journeymen.”

Deadline describes The Journeyman as Bisping playing the role of Kenny “The Beast” Breen, “an alcoholic, drug-abusing, past-his-prime journeyman boxer with a record of 11-85-0 who, after being diagnosed with neurological damage, continues his career on the small-hall circuit at grave risk to himself.”

“For obvious reasons, Mike brings an authenticity and an X-factor to the role that no other actor ever could,” said director Dax Phelan. “His contributions to the script have been insightful and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to explore this character with him.”

“Looking forward to this,” Bisping said on social media following the announcement.

michael-bisping.jpg

Johnny Greaves, a real-life UK-based journeyman who compiled a record of 4-96 from 2007 to 2013, will serve as a technical advisor for the movie. The movie is set to be filmed in the UK.

The Journeyman’s synopsis is surely a dark one and can somewhat be compared to The Wrestler, a film starring Mickey Rourke, a part-time boxer who garnered an Academy Award nominee for his role.

The Englishman Bisping was the furthest thing from being a journeyman during his MMA career.

He compiled a record of 30-9 and a record 29 UFC appearances before retiring in 2017. He won the UFC middleweight title in 2016 with a win over Luke Rockhold.

Bisbing currently serves an analyst and color commentator for UFC’s ESPN telecasts, and he’s played roles in the movies xXx: Return Of Xander Cage and Den Of Thieves and TV shows Magnum P.I., Twin Peaks: The Return and Warrior.

:heh:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I hope one of those 3 fights are worthy of rewatching. Haven't dared to rewatch his fights with DJ or Kov

I don't blame you. Those fights were reggie as fukk. :hhh:

For a nikka that gets so many gifs made out of him, Canelo hardly has any rewatchable fights.
He's like a dope album you listened to one weekend and never went back to it, but you still remember a few random bars from it. :manny:

but in all honesty. I think Smith, Plant, Charlo will play out to be pretty entertaining. All those guys let their hands go and Canelo although defensively sound, doesn't have a style that reduces punch output.