Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

:sas2:

Let’s see if Valdez really bout that action ... he been running from Shakur

First I’d rather see Berchelt vs Valdez. If Stevenson would beat Valdez first which he would do that fight would lose its point and that would be a pity cause Berchelt vs Valdez would be a war. Shakur can fight someone like Herring, Frampton or Alvarado in the meantime

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I don't think Usyk is too weak for Heavyweight. I just think he gonna Broner it up and not throw enough punches to decisively win fights against the better comp. He should have stopped that version of Chisora or at least look more dominant. Even though I had him still winning 117-111, he looked tentative against a guy that was predictable and not throwing that much. He even seemed to have dude dead to rights at one point and didn't even go for the ko. :hhh:

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
I don't think Usyk is too weak for Heavyweight. I just think he gonna Broner it up and not throw enough punches to decisively win fights against the better comp. He should have stopped that version of Chisora or at least look more dominant. Even though I had him still winning 117-111, he looked tentative against a guy that was predictable and not throwing that much. He even seemed to have dude dead to rights at one point and didn't even go for the ko. :hhh:
You think he's too gun shy for heavyweights?

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Yeah, I agree, not a good idea to sleep on Usyk. Actually I watched Chisora vs Usyk back a few days ago and scored it closely, honestly had it as a draw but there was a few close rounds so I can understand why some gave it 2 to Usyk like a couple of the judges I think may have.

Also Usyk may adapt to the weight as time goes by, he's still relatively new to the weight (at pro), this only his 2nd fight there so he could improve and adapt like others have done in the past. Usyk is a very skilled boxer and he has heart too, not someone who can be underestimated at all. I think he will have certain disadvantages in some fights where he may struggle more against some of the really giant heavyweights but he has quite a lot of ring I.Q to find ways to compete. I wouldn't write him him off so early at all.

Don't think Usyk is the biggest puncher currently at heavyweight but there's more than 1 way to skin a cat. There's a lot of interesting fights for him to be him, don't think we know quite how well he'll do at heavyweight but for sure think he'll be a credible and interesting addition to the division.
He’s 34