Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
No lies told everyone got the same belt shyt corny
he was flowing until he talked about tank being a legitimate lightweight champ which he sure as hell is not lol..but he understands mayweather promotions is complicit as well

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
De La Hoya: I'm Not Ducking Anyone During Comeback, I’m Already Down 20 Pounds
By Manouk Akopyan

Published On Thu Oct 22, 2020, 07:23 AM EST

Hall of Fame fighter Oscar De La Hoya maintains that he’s serious about making a comeback as a fighter after officially making the announcement in August.

The six-division champion De La Hoya (39-6, 30 KOs) last fought as a professional in 2008 and was forced to quit on his stool in a loss to Manny Pacquiao, marking his fourth loss in his final six career bouts.

De La Hoya faced all of the best boxers of his era, and he proclaims he will do the same should he fight once again after a near 12-year hiatus from the sport.

“I really am considering making a comeback. I have been training. I seriously feel incredible. I feel amazing. With me, I always fought the very best, and why not? If I make the comeback in the first quarter of next year, by the way, I have slimmed down 20 pounds, it’s going to be against the very best, like always,” De La Hoya said in an Instagram Live session on Tuesday.

“None of this ducking fighters like the way fighters duck everyone today. They make it impossible because they price themselves out. It’s a huge problem … George Foreman did it, and I think I can do it as well … I feel like a million, million bucks. It's crazy.”

De La Hoya has evolved into an executive leading Golden Boy Promotions in retirement, most recently helping shape the careers of four-division champion Canelo Alvarez and undefeated rising star Ryan Garcia.

The 1992 United States Olympics gold medalist De La Hoya will be 47 years-old by the time he trades his suit for a pair of shorts and gloves.

to be stinking rich and yet boxing is all they know...built different

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It was interesting to see that Loma didn't completely give up the "peeling" technique he likes to do so much even though he had to peel a shoulder instead of a glove due to Lopez's shell defense. It didn't have the same effect either.

Generally, it felt like he was struggling with Lopez's shell stance too besides other things. Loma's offense is optimized to befuddle guys with conventional/high guards who only see in tunnel vision due to covering up so he can surprise them with his angles and pivots. With a shell and a good step back that became a lot harder to him.