Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Pulev Says Contract is Signed, Expects To Face Joshua on December 12
By BoxingScene Staff

Published On Mon Oct 12, 2020, 08:45 PM EST

Once-beaten Kubrat Pulev has announced to his followers that everything has been finalized to fight IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua on December 12 in London.

joshua-pulev_5.jpg

The 39-year-old, who is the mandatory challenger under the IBF, had been scheduled to meet Joshua on June 20 but the fight was postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

The fight date was kicked around a few more times, before settling down in the month of December.

“No turning back, no procrastination! Kubrat Pulev vs Anthony Joshua! The date is December 12th and the place is London! The date and place of the event are now final and not subject to change, and both parties have signed the official contract," Pulev stated.

For Joshua, 30-years-old, the bout will be his first since he won a twelve round unanimous decision over Andy Ruiz in a rematch in Saudi Arabia last December to avenge his first career defeat and reclaim his world titles.

The British superstar was initially scheduled to fight Pulev at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium in October 2017. The fight was called off when Pulev withdrew after suffering a shoulder injury in sparring.

Pulev suffered his only career defeat back in 2014, when he was knocked out in five rounds by Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Hahaha..these cats on here hate that Black man..lol. One fukking loss...hahaha
Can you say anything else when you run out of real arguments?
My two favorite fighters at the weight are black, but go figure I don't want the black man to succeed cause I don't stan your guy.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: was it Wilders team that came out multiple times throughout the year saying the fight needs a crowd to be successful or was that Fury's promoter Bob Arum?:stopitslime:

:francis:
If they breached the contract and Wilder still wants the fight a lawsuit will follow, if not, that should mean there wasn't any lawlessness in it. You don't see Bob Arum a former lawyer risking a lawsuit like that so I'd be surprised finding out they breached the contract and it will go to court but we will see anyway right?
Out of the two of them, a third match is only important to Wilder, Fury goes toward the biggest fight in the sport there is currently with AJ.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
But that contract said Fury said is the A side so how can Wilder push it back. This seem like a Jojo Diaz and Tevin Farmer situation
I don't know who has to take initiative but I think if there's a rematch clause it's the losing's side interest to try to organize the rematch, the winning side rather wants to move toward different things but has to satisfy the contract. Either way I don't think a rematch clause allows you to not take the rematch if the other side really wants it, that's why it exists basically.