Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Spence-Garcia PPV Card: Fundora-Cota, Lopez-Santana, Ceja-Ramirez
By Random Hits

Published On Thu Oct 8, 2020, 12:12 PM EST

Unified welterweight world champion Errol "The Truth" Spence Jr. will duel two-division world champion Danny "Swift" Garcia in the blockbuster main event of a FOX Sports PBC Pay-Per-View Saturday, December 5 with fans in attendance at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

sebastian-fundora%20(3)_2020_08_23_222029.jpg

The pay-per-view begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT and features unbeaten super welterweight sensation Sebastian "The Towering Inferno" Fundora taking on Jorge Cota in a WBC Super Welterweight Title Eliminator in the co-main event. The lineup will also see all-action contenders Josesito "The Riverside Rocky" Lopez and Francisco "Chia" Santana squaring-off in a 10-round welterweight affair, plus former champion Julio Ceja faces featherweight contender Eduardo Ramirez in a WBC Featherweight Title Eliminator to kick off the pay-per-view.

Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by TGB Promotions, Man Down Promotions and DSG Promotions, are on sale Wednesday, October 14 at 10 a.m. CT, and can be purchased at SeatGeek.com, the Official Ticketing Provider of AT&T Stadium. Spence vs. Garcia was originally scheduled for November 21.

AT&T Stadium, which has hosted NFL fans during the 2020 Dallas Cowboys season, will be following guidelines from the CDC with protocols regarding COVID-19 safeguards and cleaning procedures. All fans attending the event will be required to wear a mask. Tickets will be distributed in seat blocks known as "pods" to maintain distance between groups who are not known to one another. For more information on AT&T Stadium's Safe Stadium Policy, please visit the site here: AT&T Stadium.

The hometown hero Spence will return to fight at AT&T Stadium after putting on a masterful performance in front of an enormous crowd at the Dallas Cowboys' home last March, when he dominated four-division champion Mikey Garcia on his way to a unanimous decision victory. Possessing dangerous one-punch knockout power, two-division champion Danny Garcia was an indomitable force in the 140-pound division and has been equally powerful at welterweight, winning the WBC title in 2016. He will be looking to regain his 147-pound world title against Spence.

decent undercard...ceja vs ramirez is a possible FOTY on paper..though neither man will beat gary russell

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
decent undercard...ceja vs ramirez is a possible FOTY on paper..though neither man will beat gary russell

Damn, these nikkas must have went to the phantom zone to retrieve Cota. I thought Mell ended his shyt. Not really a fan of that fight, especially after beating Gallimore. Feels like a backwards move imo.

Rest of the card is solid tho.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Tough decision if they are at the same night. Spence is a must see but I also find Campbell vs Garcia a more competitive, harder to predict fight than Spence vs Garcia where I can only see Danny winning if Spence fights stupid (he usually doesn’t) or is damaged goods agter the accident (I tend to believe he’s ok)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Damn, these nikkas must have went to the phantom zone to retrieve Cota. I thought Mell ended his shyt. Not really a fan of that fight, especially after beating Gallimore. Feels like a backwards move imo.

Rest of the card is solid tho.

cota is a reliable jobber to the stars for 154 i guess..everyone of his losses are to notable fighters..with that being said he does punch hard but i dont think he will teach fundora a lesson

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tough decision if they are at the same night. Spence is a must see but I also find Campbell vs Garcia a more competitive, harder to predict fight than Spence vs Garcia where I can only see Danny winning if Spence fights stupid (he usually doesn’t) or is damaged goods agter the accident (I tend to believe he’s ok)

agreed..except spence vs garcia isnt must see to me like that due to the bolded

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
agreed..except spence vs garcia isnt must see to me like that due to the bolded
I meant just Spence as a fighter. To be honest if they go the same time I probably watch Campbell vs Garcia live but I'd watch Spence right after on the first recorded video of the fight. :pachaha:
But I expect this to change, GBP will move it to Friday or something :manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
cota is a reliable jobber to the stars for 154 i guess..everyone of his losses are to notable fighters..with that being said he does punch hard but i dont think he will teach fundora a lesson

True, but I feel like a guy like Soro or even a Conwell would be a better test. Cota be getting brutally stopped too much to be keep sending him out there. Like let dude get some momentum at least.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
So what's this I heard about Manny being stripped of the WBA title?
Yeah I'm hearing the same thing. Reports saying he at risk of being stripped if he fights McGregor. Nothing confirmed yet.

I hope he does get stripped. Manny at this point in his career is above belts. We don't need to see him holding up the division while taking sideshow fights like this

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
True, but I feel like a guy like Soro or even a Conwell would be a better test. Cota be getting brutally stopped too much to be keep sending him out there. Like let dude get some momentum at least.
Soro is a good shout but I guess he would be too risky and they would have to take care of his travel, visa, deal with his promoter and all that extra so they rather reach for the already used guy who they know well and have a working relationship with, it's not good but it is what it is. Besides, Soro might very well beat Fundora and they don't need that now.

Conwell is still a prospect too, it would be good but I don't expect them to match their two prospects just yet.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Everyone is gonna check out that Spence return in December..Ryan Garcia is someone that girls might watch. Common sense.